British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Panthers89

Wildcards 2017.....

It's now easy:

1. Zagar (missed out on top 8 by a point)

2. Janowski (missed out on top 8 by a point)

3. Nicki P (missed out through injury)

4. Emil (it would be great to have him back!)

All the best

Rob

• Like 6

It's now easy:

All the best

Rob

I wouldn't have Janowski. Anyway wont it be down to the odious Monster Joe, he seems to control the GPs these days?

• Like 2

I wouldn't have Janowski. Anyway wont it be down to the odious Monster Joe, he seems to control the GPs these days?

I would. Rather him then Hampel.

• Like 1

It's now easy:

It does look fairly clear cut now. The only question mark might be against giving a place to a fourth Pole but there aren't many better candidates, to be fair.

On form this year Laguta is probably the only other outsider that might have a genuine claim that I can think of.

However, it's hard to imagine them going with 2 Russians, neither of whom did the qualifying rounds.

Edited by HenryW

I wouldn't pick Janowski. the best three Poles are already in and there's no need for a fourth.

Pedersen, Sayfutdinov, Zagar and Laguta would be the perfect line-up.

This has worked out quite well for the organisers. They won't have to give a Swedish rider another wildcard and are saved the embarrassment of handing out two to Denmark. Pedersen and Sayfutdinov are probably nailed on, possibly Zagar as well whilst Janowski will probably miss out inasmuch as Poland will already have three representatives. Even if they went down the route of adding a fourth Pole I expect Hampel would get the nod. Other than that, the selection of the final wildcard is not that clear cut. An easy option would be to include Bjerre but I don't think he has done enough this year to warrant a place.

Certainly wouldn't pick Hampel. His day has gone. And a boring rider at that. Far more interesting options about.

• Like 2

Grigorij Laguta is very good rider but I don't think the temporary tracks suits him since he is a bit of a slow gater.

Pretty much agree with most of the posts today. Nicki, Emil and Matej would seem to be dead certs so down to whether Janowski can hold off Laguta.

It's now easy:

All the best

Rob

PERSONALLY would agree with those... Janowski has had a bad run but won a SGP this year and will be back. What a 2017 line-up that would be.

Pretty much agree with most of the posts today. Nicki, Emil and Matej would seem to be dead certs so down to whether Janowski can hold off Laguta.

LAGUTA has never showed any interest in doing the SGP.

• Like 1

PERSONALLY would agree with those... Janowski has had a bad run but won a SGP this year and will be back. What a 2017 line-up that would be.

LAGUTA has never showed any interest in doing the SGP.

He has, I read an interview* were he said that he would/might be interested but that he didn't understand why he would have to do the qualifiers when

other riders were given wild cards despite not bothering with the GP-qualifiers. Or something along those lines, I don't remember the exact phrasing.

*It was this summer and it was probably an interview made by the local newspaper in Eskilstuna.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Seriously, Hampel? Why? Surely Janowski would have been a much better choice?

That "Speedway Updates" post is just someone's opinion.

I suspect it will be Janowski rather than Hampel.

All the best

Rib