British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scorpions 2017

You've named 2 that I would bring in & I hope 1 of them is announced tomorrow with the other when fit again

Yeah that's my thinking too but then a Panthers rider could make sense, which is why he's not in Scunny colours tomorrow.

Edited by Islander15

makes more sense than many of your posts

flappy does this on many topics.....................................................not got a word to say

Yeah that's my thinking too but then a Panthers rider could make sense, which is why he's not in Scunny colours tomorrow.

Hope not but Robs forward thinking could be Berge or Lyager to get an average for next year

It can't be scunny without a twist,,, my bet is that Rob will surprise you,,,, well maybe.

Sadly won't be there tomorrow as I'm away on mi hols,,, but wish I was🙃🙃🙃🙃😥

flappy does this on many topics.....................................................not got a word to say

Hope not but Robs forward thinking could be Berge or Lyager to get an average for next year

Forward thinking? You mean giving up on the season barely into June?

Ha, none of you were right.

Not surprised Josh is back... I knew he'd be back, but I thought he would have at least waited until 2018 before he changed his mind

Good news - Josh Bailey is back for Scorpions:

http://scunthorpescorpions.co/?p=7380

Most of the guests replacements for Josh have struggled, to say the least.

All the best

Rob

Good to hear. I thought he had something special when I saw him last year.

• Like 1

Good news - Josh Bailey is back for Scorpions:

http://scunthorpescorpions.co/?p=7380

Most of the guests replacements for Josh have struggled, to say the least.

All the best

Rob

This period minus a regular No7; has made me appreciate Josh all the more full respect to all the riders who have stepped in for him; but it has been up hill for sure. So I am looking forward to Josh coming back; no pressure and just getting back into his stride and enjoying his racing. If he hits 2-3pts I'll be pleased and we all should be.

For various personal reasons I've not been able to get to a match for a couple of years, until last Sunday when I found myself in Lincolnshire for a weekend while my wife watched a couple of gigs in Lincoln.

I grabbed the chance to see the Scunthorpe v Berwick match and was so delighted that I could finally watch some live speedway on a great track, despite pre-meeting fears about the Bandits' injury crisis.

It wasn't my first visit to the EWR so I brought a folding chair in. Unfortunately my mobility away from the car is very limited these days and I have to use a stick. As I approached the gate to a very friendly and warm welcome from the woman taking the cash a young guy standing nearby insisted on helping me by carrying my chair and bag to wherever I wanted to go in the stadium. I decided to just go for the nearby apex of bends three and four where I could see the pits even if I had to duck the shale.

I asked about the track shop so I could buy a Speedway Star. My helper told me it was now at the far end of the stadium but would get a copy for me, which he very kindly did.

He told me he'd be in the pits if I needed any help during the meeting. After two very entertaining matches, including the NJL I managed to get myself out of the chair and started folding it up ready to struggle back to the car. At this point my helper re-appeared and came with me all the way to the car.

This is superb customer service and needs recognition. I stupidly forgot to ask my helper his name but I was told I wasn't the only person he'd helped in and someone passing-by seemed to call him 'John'.

I will be contacting Rob Godfrey directly to give my thanks, of course.

Great racing on a superb track with the promoter communicating with his customers on the pa throughout and 21 heats of team racing all for £16 including programme . The place deserves to be full every time it opens. It's such a shame that money's tight in the town.

Sadly the EWR is about 200 miles from my home. I do wish it was nearer. Thankfully other interests do take me up there from time to time, although not lately so I do always call in when I can.

Can Rob be persuaded to open a chain, with one not too far from Gloucester? ;-)

Thanks so much. It was worth the wait to finally watch my beloved sport live again. Once I was able to watch almost every night of the week. I still would, if only I could....

Nice to hear some friendly comments about EWR and its helpful people , if only this could be repeated on tracks nationwide.

• Like 2

For various personal reasons I've not been able to get to a match for a couple of years, until last Sunday when I found myself in Lincolnshire for a weekend while my wife watched a couple of gigs in Lincoln.

I grabbed the chance to see the Scunthorpe v Berwick match and was so delighted that I could finally watch some live speedway on a great track, despite pre-meeting fears about the Bandits' injury crisis.

It wasn't my first visit to the EWR so I brought a folding chair in. Unfortunately my mobility away from the car is very limited these days and I have to use a stick. As I approached the gate to a very friendly and warm welcome from the woman taking the cash a young guy standing nearby insisted on helping me by carrying my chair and bag to wherever I wanted to go in the stadium. I decided to just go for the nearby apex of bends three and four where I could see the pits even if I had to duck the shale.

I asked about the track shop so I could buy a Speedway Star. My helper told me it was now at the far end of the stadium but would get a copy for me, which he very kindly did.

He told me he'd be in the pits if I needed any help during the meeting. After two very entertaining matches, including the NJL I managed to get myself out of the chair and started folding it up ready to struggle back to the car. At this point my helper re-appeared and came with me all the way to the car.

This is superb customer service and needs recognition. I stupidly forgot to ask my helper his name but I was told I wasn't the only person he'd helped in and someone passing-by seemed to call him 'John'.

Great racing on a superb track with the promoter communicating with his customers on the pa throughout and 21 heats of team racing all for £16 including programme . The place deserves to be full every time it opens. It's such a shame that money's tight in the town.

Sadly the EWR is about 200 miles from my home. I do wish it was nearer. Thankfully other interests do take me up there from time to time, although not lately so I do always call in when I can.

Thanks so much. It was worth the wait to finally watch my beloved sport live again. Once I was able to watch almost every night of the week. I still would, if only I could....

I'm pretty sure the chap is Jon Bulmer. He's a great guy.

Rob, would you mind if I use your post above on our website?

Thanks.

All the best

Rob Peasley (Scunny Press Officer)

• Like 1

Great post.

I'm pretty sure the chap is Jon Bulmer. He's a great guy.

Rob, would you mind if I use your post above on our website?

Thanks.

All the best

Rob Peasley (Scunny Press Officer)

Please do Rob. I'be had a p.m. from someone telling me it was Jon Bulmer. Every, EVERY track should have one.

I can see why you travel up from Oxford. I would if I could.

(EDIT: Can't find an email address for the club so can you please be sure that Rob Godfrey gets to see my thanks please?)

Edited by Rob McCaffery
  • Like 2

Hi Rob!!

It's very lovely and touching to read this message, you will be unaware but I have stood on that exact spot for the last 10 years! I have grown up with the track, gaining personal confidence and meeting friends from places that I would never visit myself. A smile and a helping hand costs nothing does it. Which was why I was persistent to help and assist you. The Speedway Stars was just a little bit that I could do for you, and helping you with the items you was bringing in. I was watching out for you through the meeting to make sure you didn't escape at least with out a bye!

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip and I am glad that I was able to help you!!

Don't be a stranger, I look forward to your future visits and being able to help you! You do need to tell me more about some more of the places you've commentated from!!

All the best

Jon

• Like 5