British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scorpions 2017

Adam Ellis, Anders Thomsen or Kevin Wolbert? Think they would do decent jobs

Admitted his self it's not one of his favourite tracks.

Like most tracks in our league.

• Like 1

Nobody has gone with Wolbert this year as, has been posted pre season & throughout the season, he is just after a place to lower his average before going back to Edinburgh in 2018

• Like 1

Nobody has gone with Wolbert this year as, has been posted pre season & throughout the season, he is just after a place to lower his average before going back to Edinburgh in 2018

Kevin is a good and experienced rider and all I've ever seen of him he gives 110%, he'd be Scunthorpe's number 1, by a mile and I think he'd do well at home, but more importantly, away too...

• Like 1

Kevin is a good and experienced rider and all I've ever seen of him he gives 110%, he'd be Scunthorpe's number 1, by a mile and I think he'd do well at home, but more importantly, away too...

I dont see him ever being a no 1 to inconsistent for me away very useful dont see him averaging more than 7.2 overall in a tough Championship.

Difficult choices if another rider is released, could be any of Kerr Auty Douglas and Toft but personally I don't think any of these should be replaced although it might be taken out of Scunny's hands for next year if Douglas doesn't reach a 7point average or finish in the top 4 in his Aussie round.

Definately Scunny need a no 1 to mix it with the best and I believe that Stefen Nielsen but for injury could have challenged for that spot.

Are you serious Nielsen will do well to replace the older version of Wilko.

You are kidding about this right, he should never get a team place in this country again for his antics.

You are kidding about this right, he should never get a team place in this country again for his antics.

Why "Gazc"..?? Edited by Sidney the robin

Covatti back fit months ahead of schedule and wanting to get a place in England 👍

Why "Gazc"..??

Rode for us in 2014 on what can only be described as a flymo and dropped more than 2 points on his starting average.

Move forward to 2015 he re-joins his parent club on a 6.19 average after poodling around at the back for most off the season, not trying a leg and an absolute turnaround occurs and he adds the 2 points he dropped back on to his average.

He well and truly shafted Glasgow that season for his own gain

We probably should not be taking gambles on complete unknowns. This team change has to bring in proven ready to roll re-enforcements otherwise I cannot see the point of it. Kennett for me; I thought about him being a Southern based rider; then reminded myself he used to trek up to Berwick so commitments permitting Scunny would be a breeze.

With respect, he's hardly a complete unknown. Anyone who follows speedway in Sweden will tell you what a talent he is. Remember that Tommy Jansson, Anders Michanek, Tony Rickardsson and Peter Karlsson were all "complete unknowns" at one time. ;)

Kevin is a good and experienced rider and all I've ever seen of him he gives 110%,

Ah the innocence of youth , try watching him ride for your team when it's perfectly obvious he's not giving his all . One night at Plymouth the Glasgow team manager was phoned from the referees box and asked if there was anything wrong with him cause his performance was that bad , still he got his new low average got him back to Edinburgh the following season .

Covatti back fit months ahead of schedule and wanting to get a place in England

Being fit or race fit are probably 2 different levels but another name added to lower his average before going back to their no1 club in 2018. We need riders that are racing & up to speed now.

Does Wolbert not ride in Poland on Sunday's?

Ripping up polish third tier with denis gizatulin at kolejarz opole

Edited by 13GrigorijLaguta