British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

I like young Bailey i really think the lad can keep improving also King's Lynn have always tried to give young lads a chance over the years. (ie) Sparshott,Dye,Mallett,Framingham,Featherby (ect).I have seen Josh ride twice he has a tidy style and i believe at Saddlebow he can mix it away it will be difficult also his gating is a weakness but he has real talent though.

Would like to see Josh in at No 7. as he is a Kings Lynn rider with a big future if his progress carries on rather than go for another rider who has been around for some year and is not making any progress.

Josh would be a good move but he would for sure need alot of help from the other riders .

Looking good in oz that Batch seems to have got his mojo back, fighting for points from the back when not gating.

Could be far and away the best heat leader trio for you guys this season

• Like 1

Any online videos available for the recent Australian action folks?

Have not seen any, but there are any they are likely to be mentioned in the Australian thread in the International Section.

Edited by A ORLOV

What average would Josh Pickering come in on 3 or 5?

What average would Josh Pickering come in on 3 or 5?

youtube has a few heats from a number of the state meetings.

Search WA SA QLD solos....

youtube has a few heats from a number of the state meetings.
Search WA SA QLD solos..

Thanks for that, I'll have a look.

5youtube has a few heats from a number of the state meetings.

Search WA SA QLD solos....

looks like our options for our no7 is going to be very limited, still think that Josh Bailey would be our best bet but after signing on for the young stars riding in 3 leagues might be to much although he would get plenty of support from the fans. Has anybody else got any views on who it should or could be.

I like young Bailey i really think the lad can keep improving also King's Lynn have always tried to give young lads a chance over the years. (ie) Sparshott,Dye,Mallett,Framingham,Featherby (ect).I have seen Josh ride twice he has a tidy style and i believe at Saddlebow he can mix it away it will be difficult also his gating is a weakness but he has real talent though.

Like everyone else, I imagined young Josh Bailey would have been tailor made for that 7 position. Obviously he had talks with the Lynn bosses before signing for Scunthorpe and the Young Stars, So this idea of riding for all 3 leagues has to be a 'no-goer'

Surely, had he been in the frame for the Elite side then he wouldn't have been allowed to signed for Scunthorpe . . So although the promoters, are said to be keeping their option open, have in fact excepted Josh will not be at No 7.

We must wait with anticipation that we acquire the right man.

I think second division racing is vital for a young rider like Josh, whether he rides for the Stars or not he must race in the Champioship for the sake of his development.

• Like 1

Does it really matter who's at no 7 ? Surly it's only till we've had 4 home 4 away and once the averages change the no 7 rider will be changed any way . That's if the team average drops of course

I think second division racing is vital for a young rider like Josh, whether he rides for the Stars or not he must race in the Champioship for the sake of his development.

That's probably right, but the thought of him riding in all 3 leagues could be really detriment to his development ...

Does it really matter who's at no 7 ? Surly it's only till we've had 4 home 4 away and once the averages change the no 7 rider will be changed any way . That's if the team average drops of course

Obviously it matters.... You say the positions will be changed when the first set of figures come out, but that's purely conjecture as the new team points limit has yet to be decided. If say Lynn start off well and the team 1 to 6 are scoring good points, then there will not be any leeway to make reserve changes....

Obviously the Promoters will be looking for a young, improving rider, on a low average, who will benefit from riding in the top league, not one who will be dropped and changed if his scoring is slow to develop. If a defeat was created because the reserve scored few points, then the other 1 to 6 should have more of the responsibility to perform, than an out of depth Reserve No 7