British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

I have probably stuck up for Buster more than most and always gave him the benefit of any doubt. He has made no secret that him acquiring the Chairmanship of the BSPA has diminished his priority for Kings Lynn and now he is there through necessity rather than love. I appreciated it is his business and needs to be run on solid footing, but nobody is asking him to be foolishly spending good money after bad is not the way to go. However, in this business, the promoter has to speculate to accumulate if he is to succeed.

I don't think the vast majority of complaints would need money to sort. From reading on here and my own thoughts the most complaints would be solved by ;-

1 Start on time Free

2 No long tractor grades unless track dangerous Free

3 If long grading necessary no (or short) interval Minimal loss of income in bars etc*

4 Keep fans informed Should cost no or little more than at present

* any loss of revenue would be made up by less fans deserting the sport

Apart from the lack of actual racing which is also in his hands via providing a good racing surface the above seems to cover the majority of complaints. It can be sorted with minimal cost and would probably pay dividends if meetings finished at a reasonable time as parents would feel confident enough to bring their kids on a school night.

We have an almost absentee promoter in Rob Lyon who I know is laid back but is past horizontal at present, someone NEEDS to show the club cares. It shouldn't just be left to Dale Allit and Scott Campos to show a presence on twitter. The clue is in the name PROMOTER.

I agree about replacing under performing riders but as I said earlier Lynn probably have a budget and some riders will not ride for the money on offer even tho Lynn are renowned for paying on time.

I honestly cannot see any will or intention to change, when was the last time we saw a Buster rant tho it might be difficult for him to rant against himself :P

Maybe passion has been banned by Adrian Flux/Norfolk/ Arena as non politically correct in which case bring back Saddlebow Road.

• Like 2

By the response I'm getting on Twitter it seems people are happy with what they're being served and see no wrong so it's confirmed for me 2017 IS my last season of watching the Stars.

I can't imagine any body who was there last night are happy with the racing. Never mind the result the racing was rubbish. If people can't see anything wrong with the team and club they should open there eyes and wake up.

• Like 3

By the response I'm getting on Twitter it seems people are happy with what they're being served and see no wrong so it's confirmed for me 2017 IS my last season of watching the Stars.

well I and many more are far from happy so your not alone .

I can't imagine any body who was there last night are happy with the racing. Never mind the result the racing was rubbish. If people can't see anything wrong with the team and club they should open there eyes and wake up.

top post I totally agree I hope Trees reads this

well I and many more are far from happy so your not alone .

top post I totally agree I hope Trees reads this

You really don't like Trees have her opinions do you.

This is exactly it,we don't know who really is available.Just because they have been released by their clubs doesn't mean they become available to Lynn.They may as you say Trees have been promised a ride once averages etc change at certain clubs.Like the Sedgemen and Tungate swap.Tungate may have been told weeks ago once his average drops we want you at Belle Vue if you fancy it.

Promised? You make it sound like the clubs are doing them a favour which is clearly not the case.

I can assure you every rider is up for grabs if you want them enough.

• Like 1

You can see the appeal of Belle Vue for Tungate, riding a track he seems to love and working under the Aussie team manager.

On the plus side Jorgensen looks an improvement on porsing. Other than his first ride and second when he dumped on his backside by fricke he looked a decent rider. Fast as well...

• Like 1

On the plus side Jorgensen looks an improvement on porsing. Other than his first ride and second when he dumped on his backside by fricke he looked a decent rider. Fast as well...

He withdrew from tonights meeting after three rides.

You really don't like Trees have her opinions do you.

well your wrong there - it's good that someone is totally committed to the club .
  • Like 1

Personally I don't like the Team Managers take on meetings where he glorifies the positives. I would much prefer the 'Say it like it was approach' Yesterday he went on how wonderful the team effort was to claw back into contention when we were so far adrift, . but the fact was, we had been truly hammered. Our positives from this meeting were few, and accounted for 2 brilliant 5-1 heats. But listening to Dale, you would think we did really well. The only reason we were in contention at the end was for stupid double points rule. Probably if the riders were listening to this assessment, they probably thought they did well......

I still believe there is not much wrong with the Lynn team. They need to perform better, as individuals and as a team. With the exception of Lambert, all the riders could be classed as decent gaters. We shouldn't fear anyone especially on home soil. We desperately need a 'Schlein' as captain or manager, someone to encourage, advise and motivate the team. We don't seem to have that enthusiasm any more and simply going through the motion.. The view from the terraces is that the team don't wake up until the chips are down, so surely this can be seen in the pits.....

I'll go along with that. I'd had seen Jorgensen before and had been impressed. Against BV he was thrown in the deep end, but didn't disgrace himself. I thought he was unlucky to be excluded from his second ride, but it was his forceful attitude that got him into contention. I'm in no doubt he will be a tremendous asset to the Stars team. Give him a few meetings to get accustomed and he will be a solid second string with Huckenbeck, with Rose relegated to the top reserve.

All we need is a quality No.7 and a 'Kick up the Arse' for the rest... To supply only 4 race winners was criminal.......

• Like 2

Thing is you don't have enough points to use to get a decent number 7.

Batch Lambert Huckenbeck and Rose all doing their jobs.

Holder has been disappointing, but not just for KL, but tbh there are probably not better options available.

Porsing was disappointing and been replaced.

No 7 you had resolved the issue and unlucky that lambert, who was on a bargain average, got injured and cannot be adequately covered by guest.

Really only potential change would be replacing Jorgensen and if points then allowed upgrading number 7.

What I mean by a quality No.7 is someone who is keen and talented. and wants to learn from riding with experience riders... something like Dan Bewley or Jack Smith... I'm' not expecting an established rider but someone who is destined for the top league. His No1 priority is he has to be able to gate. Josh Bailey was always up against it when last out of the gate. I thought Jake Knight equipped himself quite well against Wolves and is worth persevering with..... Rather do that then bring it guests of other teams....

How do you think the team will look with the revised line-up

1. Troy Batchelor 7.93

2. Thomas Jorgensen 6.08

3. Kai Huckenbeck 6.17

4. Robert Lambert 7.46

5. Chris Holder 7.27

6. Lewis Rose 5.33

7. Danny Ayres 3.00

Kai & Robert get on really well so I'd certainly partner them up as they'll ride together 3 times

Chris & Lewis get on really well so I'd keep that partnership getting 2 rides together.

Jorgensen does gate well and looks fast which could be very important up against opposition No1's in heat 1 along side Troy and facing the opposition No3's & No5's in his other 2 races and getting heat 8.

• Like 1