British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Especially after his performance tonight.Not sure of his average though,and how many leagues he rides in,if indeed he rides in the top Polish league.

sensational performance by him

Was a great performance.When he was at Lynn I remember Rob asked him once to do (I think it was HT15) He wasn't happy and pulled a face.

He's only any good if HE wants to ride here and brings good motors.

• Like 1

Was a great performance.When he was at Lynn I remember Rob asked him once to do (I think it was HT15) He wasn't happy and pulled a face.

He's only any good if HE wants to ride here and brings good motors.

And he smashed into the safety fence after some showboating wheelies :lol:

The new 7m Tv screen looks good replacing the old score board we can watch the tractors now on the big screen 👍😂😂

The new 7m Tv screen looks good replacing the old score board we can watch the tractors now on the big screen

Stay at home then

Stay at home then

Many are, that's great advice and exactly what King's Lynn and British Speedway can afford isn't it :rolleyes:

• Like 1

But why whinge about the tractors on the new big screen.They would be there with no screen.It must be an improvement,is it not

Stay at home then

Many of the fans of five years ago are doing that. I choose the ones I want to go to which I judge will good give VFM racing and have not seen any good ones this year. When I read of the ones I have missed, it is clear that I have not missed much. So it is likely I will stay at home more and more and just enjoy the GP on TV.

Many of the fans of five years ago are doing that. I choose the ones I want to go to which I judge will good give VFM racing and have not seen any good ones this year. When I read of the ones I have missed, it is clear that I have not missed much. So it is likely I will stay at home more and more and just enjoy the GP on TV.

sadly that's what's happening fans are staying away VFM this season certainly is not - least by the sound of it we are at least trying different material on the track hopefully that might help to at least get some passing on track rather than gate and go racing .

For me I really look forward to the start of the season, and then once the season gets under way the quality or rather the lack of it starts to grind me down. Have to say this has happened over the last few years when the track has failed ( is it the tracks fault or the curator ?) to deliver.

The sad thing about speedway is it is such an exciting sport when produced correctly but a real pile when it its not. The potential is massive, but sadly I can see it becoming an amateur Sport run as it is now, in this Country.

Enjoy it while you can

• Like 1

For me I really look forward to the start of the season, and then once the season gets under way the quality or rather the lack of it starts to grind me down. Have to say this has happened over the last few years when the track has failed ( is it the tracks fault or the curator ?) to deliver.

The sad thing about speedway is it is such an exciting sport when produced correctly but a real pile when it its not. The potential is massive, but sadly I can see it becoming an amateur Sport run as it is now, in this Country.

Enjoy it while you can

Here's the problem, it's not been enjoyable at all in 2017

The thing that gets me is the fact that Joe Public always say " Speedway, its first out of the gate always wins" and it's said in a derogatory way. Why doesn't the sport do all it can to put this right? It's been going on for years.

The thing that gets me is the fact that Joe Public always say " Speedway, its first out of the gate always wins" and it's said in a derogatory way. Why doesn't the sport do all it can to put this right? It's been going on for years.

But the 'first' to do things in a lot of sports has an advantage.

Looking at Motor sport and the Grand Prix that is the most boring sport there is. Pole position will win 9/10 races.

Going away from motor sport , first to throw in darts will win most legs, whoever serves in tennis will win most games.

I dont see an issue with people thinking that speedway is first out of the gate wins. That is a fact in most meetings, but the promotion is making sure people see that there are some great races.

Ward v Gollob v Hancock

Loram v Nilsen v Rickardsson

Screen v Hamill v Swist

Loram & Havelock v Hancock & Hamill

Not enough is done to promote the races an the meetings that are different

• Like 1

I might be way off here,but could it be that Lynn is fast with longish straights, and with the bike's engines always changing and need to be revving hard that has made Lynn not the exciting track it used to be.

A lot of riders(more so their bikes) don't like lots of dirt anymore.Something that Lynn had back in the day when the engines were less peaky.

Would be nice to get a riders point of view but maybe take the curbs in and make the track shorter but a lot wider and have the maximum banking allowed(10% I think).

Any ex riders that can give there opinion.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2