British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Does any one know what is the points limit for a No 7 as I have seen more than one on different line ups ??

The value of the reserve points is governed by those that left over when assembling the team. The minimum a new rider can have is 2pts, whereas the most pts he could have would be (50pts divided by 7, each rider being equal) would be 7.14 . Because the heat format has changed this year, the reserve riders will have harder races riding against better riders. It is for those reasons some teams have gone for one better rider instead of two.. Hence the difference in reserve rider's points.....

It is opinionated which is the best way to assemble the team this year. Some have gone for the strong top end with a lesser middle and a weaker reserves. Whereas some have gone for a more all round team strength, at the expense of a out-n-out top man.. It is arguable which is best both have their advantages. The first set of figures should indicate the benefits of each but it will probably be much longer before it becomes clear which is the best....

• Like 1

September probably - or maybe July 31st!!

Edited by Skidder1

Perhaps waiting for James Sarjeant?

Better get a few sets of spare tapes in stock!

I think it's too soon for Kinsley. Maybe they are waiting to see who Belle Vue use as their number seven as Williamson would fit.

Kinsley couldn't get round Mildenhall last year so can't see him moving into Premiership. Think it will end up being Bailey but they're just hoping someone pops up.

Yes, he is.......I think. So much else been going on I'm not sure.

Just checked and he is, along with King, Bjerre, Bjerre, Garrity, Kerr and Bates.

Edited by Gemini

Sarjaent doesn't fit anyway

Edit - plus he's useless

Edited by therefused

Yes, he is.......I think. So much else been going on I'm not sure.

Just checked and he is, along with King, Bjerre, Bjerre, Garrity, Kerr and Bates.

Along with Pugh, Pugh and Barney magrew

• Like 2

Along with Pugh, Pugh and Barney magrew

Cuthbert, Dibble and Grubb have more potential imo... :D

• Like 4

Was going to put that but couldn't remember if it was Dibble or Dribble

• Like 1

This was a suggestion I made a couple of years ago when seeing Gavin on stage showcasing Niels. From that moment he was an obvious choice. Whether he can replace Mike Bennett remains to be seen, but Gavin does have that aura of confidence and knowledge that a commentator needs. He has shown no problems standing in front of full house speaking freely and fluently , and his speedway knowledge is equal to most of us. He has all the attributes to make the job a tremendous success.

This is just another piece of that jig-saw that has been assembled to make 2017 a truly special year..... :t:

• Like 1