British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Still not converted on the fairness of the 1.4 loading of EL riders yet. Yes I understand the logic and the reason why it had to be done, but don't necessarily agree with it. From my viewpoint there are an awful lot of riders who raced in both leagues and the comparable CMA's are so variable. Some riders performed better in the EL and some in the PL, but it is the PL scores that are being used for team building purposes. Obviously those riders with better performances in the EL are a better acquisition than those who performed better in the PL

On the face of it teams using riders with PL scores will have a better chance of retaining their scores than those teams with EL riders and their loaded averages. Sure there will be a slight drop due to the stiffer competition, but nothing like the 40 % extra that some have been loaded with. I appreciate this was for team building only and yes, the first set of figures will be interesting reading to see the effects of what is expected to happen. On the face of it there are an abundance of riders within the 6-7pt category the this could be the area where the biggest changes will come from.

KL have selected 4 riders with this loaded CMA's, I don't know how that compares with other clubs. I cant imagine there will be teams with any more than that. When I look at each teams strengths, in comparison to others, I don't think about their averages, just my opinion and perception of each rider / team.... and this is what is most intriguing in that there are many teams comparable with the others in the league and that has to be good for the sport....

(Edited: Altered to suit a query)

Edited by GRW123

Still not converted on the fairness of the 1.4 loading of EL riders yet. Yes I understand the logic and the reason why it had to be done, but don't necessarily agree with it. From my viewpoint there are an awful lot of riders who raced in both leagues and the comparable CMA's are so variable. Some riders performed better in the EL and some in the PL, but it is the PL scores that are being used for team building purposes. Obviously those riders with better performances in the EL are a better acquisition than those who performed better in the PL

On the face of it teams using riders with PL scores will have a better chance of retaining their scores than those teams with EL riders and their loaded averages. Sure there will be a slight drop due to the stiffer competition, but nothing like the 1.4 % that some have been loaded with. I appreciate this was for team building only and yes, the first set of figures will be interesting reading to see the effects of what is expected to happen. On the face of it there are an abundance of riders within the 6-7pt category the this could be the area where the biggest changes will come from.

KL have selected 4 riders with this loaded CMA's, I don't know how that compares with other clubs. I cant imagine there will be teams with any more than that. When I look at each teams strengths, in comparison to others, I don't think about their averages, just my opinion and perception of each rider / team.... and this is what is most intriguing in that there are many teams comparable with the others in the league and that has to be good for the sport....

1.4 is a multiplier - not a percentage.

1.4 is a multiplier - not a percentage.

Sorry for the misprint, I was aware of that, it didn't show up the way I wanted it to. Have since altered it

Is press and practice still on tonight ?

Just seen that it is the juniors today

Edited by lynnboy

Is press and practice still on tonight ?

Just seen that it is the juniors today

it was Young Stars this afternoon, but no track action

it was Young Stars this afternoon, but no track action

Any news on the replacement number 1 ?

Dump Holder sign Danny King and with the points available sign a much stronger no7IN place

In place of Holder & Bailey they could fit on King & Wilkinson!

Any news on the replacement number 1 ?

1 Josh Bailey

2 Lewis Whitmore

3 Ryan Kinsley

4 Scott Campos

5 Danny Phillips

6 Connor Locke

7 Taylor Hampshire

not sure if Scott has plans to continue riding, but for now he is

• Like 1

Many of members of the forum seem to seeking to replace Holder is his signing in doubt???

I doubt it.

Many of members of the forum seem to seeking to replace Holder is his signing in doubt???

Probably because the British Champion is without a team place. :unsure:

• Like 1

And because of the Polish nonsense Holder is tied up in.

• Like 2