British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Roughly translated, I'm friends with dale and don't want him to get the sack.

He's co-promoter so would have to sack himself lol

the only place I'm going after heat 15 is home some of us has an early start for work the next morning . .

It doesn't go on that long!!

How many of the crowd actually attend them tho. . Jonathan used to walk around the terraces most weeks and was always approachable even if folk didn't always like the answers. Waggy was always about after meetings. Cyril Crane and Maury Littlechild were always about. Fans appreciate one to one conversations far more than easily controlled after match press conferences, although I agree they are better than nothing, but kids with school next day probably miss out on them!

No comeback on here....I'm pretty sure it was on the internet where I heard management refer to "keyboard warriors". There's nothing stopping any of the management replying to comments on here, even if they use an alias (members are pretty quick to work out who is who.

Christ, can you just imagine how difficult that would be lol

Well said star lady, Jonathan was always willing to talk to fans and even does now, I have had many chats with Rob and Buster in the past, but not Dale, he may be a nice person but from what I can see I don't think he is the right person to be team manager that is my personal opinion which I am entitled to. I cannot help if a lot of other fans think the same as me! I think dale would be better off carrying on with the juniors, I think Olly Allen would bring something completely different and would be very professional as he was always like that as a rider, may even be able to help the boys with their gating as some of them need it.

I too, am of the same opinion as you.. In the past I have found it very easy to talk with Buster, and enjoyed a lot of banter with Jonathon . Was disappointed when he and Buster parted . They wanted to converse and were interested with your opinions. But with Rob Lyons I have always found he was hard work with his response being very brief and to the point. I have never spoken with Dale but have observed him many times. He comes across as a very nice, well mannered, educated man. I have never seen him run or rush about, never seen him flustered or excited. He comes across more of a school teacher, than a motivator come Team Manager....

If the team was cooking on gas, being a Team Manager would be so easy and anybody could fill the position, But when results and performances are not as they should be, the TM becomes the most important man. He would draw on his experiences and knowledge looking for answers. He would have experience of engines and bike set up, he would have experiences of the pressures the riders are facing. He would gain the riders confidence and be in a position where the riders would listen........ somehow I don't see Dale being that man....

I think our team of riders are capable of far more than we have seen so far.... so in that respect I don't see the need to make any changes.. All we need is someone to motivate them into a proper TEAM...

Here we go again .....

Your like a horse with blinkers on you can't beyond your nose end take them off and you will see theres real problems on the track and off and Dale don't seem to be able to sort or motivate the riders like Rob can so if any of the riders or the management ain't up to the job I say get rid now so there's a chance of us salvaging our season else it will be over by the end of May
  • Like 1

Can we please find a way to bring Richie Worrall back? He's on fire at the moment .

Im a fan of his but his average is very high for are league still cant think why richie not in the belle vue team from the start .

Lynn wont drop Holder.If they don't do it now they can't.Averages to come soon so still room for change and hope Holder comes good.A change at reserve will happen.

Can we please find a way to bring Richie Worrall back? He's on fire at the moment .

I may be a bit slow here............................................................but do you mean Steve Worrall, as Ritchie Worrall is already in the Belle Vue team ?

Richie does not have a Premiership team. Steve rides for Belle Vue.

• Like 1

Richie does not have a Premiership team. Steve rides for Belle Vue.

Whoops wrong way round. :oops:

• Like 1

doesnt matter how long the press conference last I have to get home as from what I've seen 99.9% of the fans leave on a Wednesday night with work or school the next day the last thing I'm going to do is hang around another 45 minutes or so .

Edited by Haza

Never mind Haza, you can have a word with Rob when he's wandering about before the meeting instead......

You may well be right.

The club may already know what the new team building averages will be and we could be well under that.

It was suggested that the it could be revised to about 42.

Currently we're at 37.91.

If that remains we could replace Bailey with a 6.09 rider

We have to stop Kerr completing 4 home 4 away with Poole then we can fit him in on the 5.98 for Bailey

How we would look then is:

1. Lambert 7.83

2. Rose 5.40

3. Kerr 5.98

4. Holder 5.41

5. Batchelor 7.67

6. Huckenbeck 4.84

7. Porsing 4.76

The amended rule is out, the new limit after the first set of average is 42

Don't panic Stars fans, we've got Holder from Poole and it seems he's brought rule manipulation with him :lol:

Team Composition

18.7.3 For the SGB Premiership ONLY, it must not exceed 42.00 points in any

declaration following the issue of established CMA for 2017, except where the MA of

the introduced rider is equal to, or lower than the rider being replaced.

Any re-declaration must include 2 riders who have competed or are eligible to enter the

National Development League (Conference League).

With only 4 home and 4 away matches it wii be the end if the month to reach this target. only one rain/off will mean that no changes can be made until August (Average wise) or have i got it wrong

Sorry I meant JULY

Aaaah! if that is the case then our season will be over to all intents and purposes by the end of July - with no changes very soon!

With only 4 home and 4 away matches it wii be the end if the month to reach this target. only one rain/off will mean that no changes can be made until August (Average wise) or have i got it wrong

Sorry I meant JULY

As far as i am aware the averages will come into play a week after they have completed the 4h 4a