British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Does any Lynn fan know why Rose is in Torun with Holder and Kurtz Bro's.

Kurtz bro's were there for Aus vs Poland

Holder there for Torun, but why Rose just wondering?

team mates and trucks r us sponsor both riders

They are mates go motor x together and also team mates

So, is there going to be any rider changes for the V Leicester match? No comment or preview on the website - yet. Does that mean something interesting is "on the way" or just that no one can be bothered to put up the teams?

The media team will put it out tomorrow I guess.....

Meanwhile with the lack of information "casual" fans will have made other plans

• Like 2

It does make me wonder how we all coped 20-30 years ago.I know you are going to say you have to move with the times.But years ago i would just turn up to see a meeting relying on the odd bit in the Lynn news and advertiser.Is that paper still going by the way.

We must have had casual fans years ago too who didn't have information to go on.Most casual fans will go as and when it pleases them anyway.

• Like 1

Or they may have checked the fixture list on the official website to see if a meeting is on? Or the BSPA website, looked in a 2017 prog, asked their Stars fan neighbour if there's a mtg, asked on facebook/twitter .... loads of ways to get the info you want 😀

My neighbours don't know what speedway is. I don't do Facebook or Twitter . I don't buy a newspaper anymore. I rely on info on the Stars website. The club seem slow again this season updating there website.

Or they may have checked the fixture list on the official website to see if a meeting is on? Or the BSPA website, looked in a 2017 prog, asked their Stars fan neighbour if there's a mtg, asked on facebook/twitter .... loads of ways to get the info you want

Christ !! you don't half talk some crap..... How you can defend this lack lustred approach to advertising is beyond me . This is nothing more than incompetence, at the highest level, and you are looking to defend them..

If the club cant be bothered to provide the information on a forth coming meeting, then why should the fans bother to go.... At a time when the social media is there for all to use it has never been easier to promote a meeting... All that's needed is 5mins in front of a computer . Probably this goes someway at to explain why the attendances are always dropping....

Years ago we always had updates of future meetings in the local rag, with interviews and photos too. No wonder the sport is just about dead ....

• Like 5

It does make me wonder how we all coped 20-30 years ago.I know you are going to say you have to move with the times.But years ago i would just turn up to see a meeting relying on the odd bit in the Lynn news and advertiser.Is that paper still going by the way.

We must have had casual fans years ago too who didn't have information to go on.Most casual fans will go as and when it pleases them anyway.

In the days you are talking about there was a meeting every week on the same day of the week and at the same time. They could turn up on a Saturday night at 7.30 and know they would see a meeting. Even ten years ago you could turn up on a Wednesday at 7.45 and know you would see a meeting.

So casual fans didn't need reminding that every 2 or 3 weeks they might get to see a meeting or there might be 2 in a week maybe the times we've moved to ain't that good !

• Like 2

let's hope fans doesn't have anything else todo tomorrow night lack of information coming from the club is normal sadly .

my thoughts entirely - if the club can't be arsed to try and attract fans why should the fans be bothered to turn up .

Or they may have checked the fixture list on the official website to see if a meeting is on? Or the BSPA website, looked in a 2017 prog, asked their Stars fan neighbour if there's a mtg, asked on facebook/twitter .... loads of ways to get the info you want

oh so its up to the fans to see if there is a meeting on we have to look for the information - now I thought the club was run as buissness surly if they want us fans to go along and spend our £17 the club has to put just a little bit of effort in to get fans through the gate thats basics that there is a meeting Wednesday and the line ups should at least be on Facebook Twitter and the clubs OWN website surely this is a must less than 48 hours to start time ???? Edited by Haza
  • Like 1

I walked through Kings Lynn's town centre yesterday and didn't see any adverts or posters for speedway. then the club wonders why people don't turn up to support the Stars.

• Like 1

I walked through Kings Lynn's town centre yesterday and didn't see any adverts or posters for speedway. then the club wonders why people don't turn up to support the Stars.

bet you saw plenty for this weekend stock car meeting though

Christ !! you don't half talk some crap..... How you can defend this lack lustred approach to advertising is beyond me . This is nothing more than incompetence, at the highest level, and you are looking to defend them..

If the club cant be bothered to provide the information on a forth coming meeting, then why should the fans bother to go.... At a time when the social media is there for all to use it has never been easier to promote a meeting... All that's needed is 5mins in front of a computer . Probably this goes someway at to explain why the attendances are always dropping....

Years ago we always had updates of future meetings in the local rag, with interviews and photos too. No wonder the sport is just about dead ....

top post every word is spot on

So the meeting is advertised in the top right hand corner of the website, that's enough for a casual I guess..

The meeting reviews are always posted the day before....

I'm looking forward to the meeting, fingers crossed no problems in Sweden tomorrow!!

Edited by Trees