British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Give the kids a break i think a couple of season and he will get back to where he was .

I'd stick with Josh over knight.

He will have the better career in this sport and seems committed, unlike Knight.

I'd stick with Josh over knight.

He will have the better career in this sport and seems committed, unlike Knight.

neither are good enough- I've said right since the club announced Bailey the no7 position was just to make the numbers up and pick up given points .

Huckenbeck, Holder and Bailey have 1 away meeting but the others, the averages below will be their new averages.

Lambert 7.89

Batchelor 7.89

Holder 6.53

Huckenbeck 5.94

Rose 5.50

Porsing 4.75

Bailey 2.00

Total 40.50

With the revised 42 limit we can only replace Bailey with a 3.50 rider.

With the improvement in Huckenbeck and Holder's form that 3.50 will be even less.

As a team manager, I'd be ruthless now and replace Porsing and Bailey.

Giving us 10.30 for 2 replacements now for me is a better option than waiting for Porsing to drop 2 points off his average, this would leave us with 8.25 to replace both.

• Like 2

With the improvement in Huckenbeck and Holder's form that 3.50 will be even less.

Giving us 10.30 for 2 replacements now for me is a better option than waiting for Porsing to drop 2 points off his average, this would leave us with 8.25 to replace both.

The Managers at Lynn can be many things, but ruthless is not one of them. 'Striking while the iron is hot' is the attribute of an astute Manager. Teams like Wolves have shown that you need to be abreast with the rules to make them work for you. Waiting around and opportunities can be lost...

Now that the season is in full swing, most of the riders are fulfilling their potential we all thought they would, with the exception of Porsing. Like you I have been disappointed with his scores and expected better. But saying that I don't feel it would be the right move to swap him... He has so much more to give and is a capable rider. Probably a spell in the reserve berth will relight his fire s and kick on to become the race winner he can be.... Going on your figures above, I think it would be very hard to replace Porsing with a rider whose average fits or one with the same potential . We have time on our side at the moment as the PO are not the be all at present.... I'm sure once Porsing gets dialled in he will be as productive as the other riders...

The BSPA made the reserves positions a joke.. Riders like .Bailey never had a chance, he was only there to make the numbers up.. ( It annoys so much that riders are invited in then dropped to suit the men in charge...They were always going to be out of their depth).... Bailey will now be replaced by another who obviously has more experience to cope. with the pressures of riding in the Premiership. I think having one strong reserve and one weaker has advantages over 2 mediocre ones.

I am not at all sure that Porsing has much more to offer on a consistent basis. He has had flashes of brilliance - in fact I nicknamed him Turbo Porsing for those surges out of the second bend. He may be a decent second string but is prone to being very inconsistent. We will see if the management can be ruthless when necessary.

I'd say Niklas has been a little disappointing so far but there is a good rider in there somewhere and a spell at reserve might kick start his season.

The Managers at Lynn can be many things, but ruthless is not one of them. 'Striking while the iron is hot' is the attribute of an astute Manager. Teams like Wolves have shown that you need to be abreast with the rules to make them work for you. Waiting around and opportunities can be lost...

Now that the season is in full swing, most of the riders are fulfilling their potential we all thought they would, with the exception of Porsing. Like you I have been disappointed with his scores and expected better. But saying that I don't feel it would be the right move to swap him... He has so much more to give and is a capable rider. Probably a spell in the reserve berth will relight his fire s and kick on to become the race winner he can be.... Going on your figures above, I think it would be very hard to replace Porsing with a rider whose average fits or one with the same potential . We have time on our side at the moment as the PO are not the be all at present.... I'm sure once Porsing gets dialled in he will be as productive as the other riders...

The BSPA made the reserves positions a joke.. Riders like .Bailey never had a chance, he was only there to make the numbers up.. ( It annoys so much that riders are invited in then dropped to suit the men in charge...They were always going to be out of their depth).... Bailey will now be replaced by another who obviously has more experience to cope. with the pressures of riding in the Premiership. I think having one strong reserve and one weaker has advantages over 2 mediocre ones.

I'd say Niklas has been a little disappointing so far but there is a good rider in there somewhere and a spell at reserve might kick start his season.

Whilst I understand where you're both coming from the problem is, it looks like we'll need to replace 2 to get a half decent No7.

We not really going to get much improvement in the team by just replacing Bailey.

For me, Porsing makes far more sense to let go for the greater good.

Huckenbeck, Holder and Bailey have 1 away meeting but the others, the averages below will be their new averages.

Lambert 7.89

Batchelor 7.89

Holder 6.53

Huckenbeck 5.94

Rose 5.50

Porsing 4.75

Bailey 2.00

Total 40.50

Still got a bit of time before our next away meeting when Bailey,Holder and Huckenbeck will get their averages.But like you said we are going to need to replace 2 riders and at this time it has to be Porsing with Bailey.Incidentally when they do that last away match,don't the new averages not kick in for a week thus allowing you the extra 7 days to make changes on the old averages for those 3 riders?

Tungate would be a good start in my eyes and maybe Starke.

Edited by tellboy

Well any decision about Josh has now been taken out of the club's hands as he's now taking time out from speedway.

Hope he does return to the track at some point.

Thinking about it, reckon the new number 7 will be a pretty obvious choice (unless of course the Stars make two changes)!

Edited by Speedball
  • Like 1

My guess Simon Lambert

Isn't Simon Lambert injured at the minute? I just hope it's not Jake Knight.

Isn't Simon Lambert injured at the minute? I just hope it's not Jake Knight.

It will be

It was last week when Jake Knight said he had got a team place somewhere. So why doesn't he say where? Does he think he is so good the there will be a big celebration at whatever club he's giong to when he announces it?