British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

So signing a championship rider who's got an average of like 2 is going to make us win the league afraid not! Yes

Maybe he will do better at home than bailey was but away he will be just as bad!

Edited by hair

Still waiting to see you name a rider on 3.31 or less that you think will be lots better.

Come on hair who do you think?

Edited by tellboy

So signing a championship rider who's got an average of like 2 is going to make us win the league afraid not! Yes

Maybe he will do better at home than bailey was but away he will be just as bad!

Lambert will score more points both home and away, and that's an improvement to any team....

Lambert is the best rider you could of signed. He's been abysmal this season but he can't get any worse. He will still score a few points a night and will get his average which is better than Josh, let's be honest

I'm afraid not probably the most uninspiring signing of the season so far . That said hope he proves me wrong .

who that is inspiring would you sign on the average available?

• Like 1

I'm entitled to an opinion as any of you fans are! And my opinion is that he's a rubbish rider always has been and always will be!

Cant believe your philosophy about a No 7. He is a rider destined by the worse average. and would not be expected to beat heat leaders. But he is more than capable of scoring points in reserve races and that something we have been missing with Bailey. All riders points scoring ability is of equal importance. Every point our rider scores then that equates to double because the opponent rider cannot secure the same point. If a reserve scores nil her is of little use, but if he scores 4 pts that actually equate to 8 , because that 4 pts the opposition cant score......

So the few points Lambert scores will be worth far more than we do at present.....

I'm entitled to an opinion as any of you fans are! And my opinion is that he's a rubbish rider always has been and always will be!

I do not think people are saying he is a good rider just that he is better than the rider the is replacing so the team as a whole has improved
  • Like 2

Cant believe your philosophy about a No 7. He is a rider destined by the worse average. and would not be expected to beat heat leaders. But he is more than capable of scoring points in reserve races and that something we have been missing with Bailey. All riders points scoring ability is of equal importance. Every point our rider scores then that equates to double because the opponent rider cannot secure the same point. If a reserve scores nil her is of little use, but if he scores 4 pts that actually equate to 8 , because that 4 pts the opposition cant score......

So the few points Lambert scores will be worth far more than we do at present.....

Or in other words, a 43-47 defeat turns into a 47-43 victory. :D

Still waiting to see you name a rider on 3.31 or less that you think will be lots better.

Come on hair who do you think?

Lee Payne, Nathan Greaves or Liam Carr all worth a shout...

Well if he was to make a comeback then,his average would fit.Didn't realise he had retired but his average is still on the list for 2017 team building.

The list just has every rider who rode last year, although I wish Olly would make a comeback...

The list just has every rider who rode last year, although I wish Olly would make a comeback...

And you think those are better!
  • Like 1

And you think those are better!

I don't.Lambert has started poorly but will out score the above and he will only get better.Can't see anyone better on that average.

Not sure Matt would do any better with the points on offer ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke

Hmm, don't think they are as good imo.Greaves rides for Wolves too. Edited by tellboy

Lambert is surely the best signing Stars could have made, certainly strengthens them at reserve. He'll be one of the better number 7s in the league, if he can score 3 from 3 heats, which he is quite capable of doing, then that is likely a 4-5 point swing per meeting.

what Stars really need is for Holder to fire consistently, as the rest of the team (bar perhaps Porsing) have more or less been doing their job. If holder can add 3 per meeting, which tbh he should be doing, then between that and the resreve switch your looking at a 10 point per meeting swing.

• Like 2