British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Really? Jake Knight at No7 on Weds? Well out of his depth. I will not be going is that is the case.

Really? Jake Knight at No7 on Weds? Well out of his depth. I will not be going is that is the case.

To be fair, he scored 3+2 for Berwick yesterday at Peterborough and I thought deserved a bit more but was caught on the wrong racing line.

Gated pretty well too and that's half the battle an was only his 2nd meeting of 2017.

I'm actually intrigued enough to attend Wednesday.

Yes, that's right.

Jake Knight is the reason I'm attending Wednesday night, seriously no joke :lol:

Swpuld tungate and Newman fit for porsing and lambert when the new averages come out? Not that I can see Newman being allowed to ride elsewhere, with a nice 3.5 average for later this season/next season.

I hope the club act on this and fast and be ruthless if it means Porsing being released to get a proper no7 then so be it we've sat back as a club on team changes for too many seasons and lived to regret it we always wait till it's too late , do we want to win this league or not ?

To not go on Wednesday due to the fact a rider got injured at weekend and you don't like his stand in is horrid.

• Like 1

I don't know what people are expecting anyway, we are back to square one ie the riders that fitted before Lamberts average went down.

More concerned about Huckenbecks absence personally.

How about not worrying about things before the meet, just going along enjoying the meeting then moaning like **** afterwards when it's all gone Pete Tonge, or not as the case maybe.

I'm more interested to see if Holder and Lambert can stop Fast Freddie from hitting 15

To not go on Wednesday due to the fact a rider got injured at weekend and you don't like his stand in is horrid.

Hardly horrid. I'm not going because Lambert was injured. I'm not going because I don't want to see the home team put to the sword ( again ) due to poor choices by the promotion. Without Huckenbeck or an adequate replacement and a stand in for Lambert at reserve ( who I do not believe will score ) and with Porsing seeming to have serious problems regaining any semblance of his form it would likely be very poor VFM. VFM in term of racing - I was there when Belle Vue shredded the Stars with barely one decent race or part of one. Going or not going is a personal choice of how to spend my own money. That's all. IF all fans still living had to go just because the Stars were riding there would be 3,000 to 5,000 there. Still no news of who is riding 36 hours before the match continues to be a no-no in my opinion. Some people might like the excitement of hearing who is riding on the day of the match. I don't.

Is it certain that Kai is missing tomorrow night? No word of it on Stars website.

Is it certain that Kai is missing tomorrow night? No word of it on Stars website.

well that's the last place to look

and that I venture to suggest is a big part of the reason fans are unhappy. Some things in speedway cannot be helped but treating fans with contempt is not one of them.

A simple statement that he is riding or alternatively he isnt (and to please Trees :D ) everything possible is being done to get a replacement would go a very long way.

Not good.

In terms of Lambert, there is a lot of indiscriminate whinging on here. Would be better to consider how long he is likely to be out for and how many meetings will be missed firing that period, might be better to wait for him to get fit rather than rushing into changes. If the best we could do under the points limit was Todd Kurtz and Max Clegg for Porsing and Lambert I'd have thought it would be better to stick with what we've got.

Definitely going to be very tough to get anything like an advantage to take into the second leg - Roo Boy will be out to prove a point as well - and with having two poor reserves can see a 10 point loss .

Disappointed that Huckenbech has decided to miss our Wednesday meeting in preferrence to practice for a SGP qualifier..... How many times have we heard riders say the practice track was totally differrent to that of the meeting. and in that sense was of little importance. Whereas The Stars plight is much more serious. Bearing in-mind we are missing (S) Lambert, through injury Huckenbeck absence is unacceptable..

Losing these 2 riders will probably give as much as 20 point swing to Wolves . When you are as strong as they are, it is us that need an advantage.... Another foregone conclusion..

Our only hope is More wind.... :t: