British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Yeah don't think so, shame for Rose having a pretty good season.

Why not,you never know.

Who do we get to replace Rose now,will this be a season ender for Rose again.Lebedevs would be good :D

Just hope its not Porsing......Does not put any effort into racing, rocks up as if he is a famous superstar ,spits his dummy out on numerous occasions, don't like to have his hair out of place or any shale up his finger nails and finally does not mix well with other team mates

• Like 3

Just hope its not Porsing......Does not put any effort into racing, rocks up as if he is a famous superstar ,spits his dummy out on numerous occasions, don't like to have his hair out of place or any shale up his finger nails and finally does not mix well with other team mates

Szczapaniak?

Mads would he fit?

Edited by foreverblue

Mads would he fit?

Not like for like.Klindt might at the next average change though.

Revised team

1. Iversen 9.04

2. Jorgensen 6.08

3. Huckenbeck 5.93

4. Williamson 5.06

5. R.Lambert 7.44

6. Porsing 4.96

7. S.Lambert 3.00

It's not overly strong but just want Batchelor and Holder out

Iversen can't because of the Polish ruling.

What i would like is to hear from Holder his reason for his conduct and the reason for his walking out. Batch must have had permission to withdraw as the referee wouldn't go on the riders reason for withdrawing. it must have been a medical verdict.

• Like 1

People are blaming Holder and Batchelor for the unrest Thursday. Rob Lambert and Kai also refused to ride and were excluded leaving the Stars with the reserves taking there place in one race.

Unfortunately, Lambert as Captain has to take on board opinions and views of his fellow riders, Lambert as a rider, had rode in 2 races and showed he was capable of getting results.. Because of his age and inexperience he was ram-roaded into objecting to ride on the back of the input from the 2 Aussies... Lambert was in a no-win situation. For that I I feel for him. His and Huckenbeck exclusion was totally the result of chaos in the pits., where leadership was non-existent.

But no amount of goading should have tempted him into the spectators pen to confront an objector. He has to be more distant than that. Prior to this, there was some No-body at the pit gate giving his to'penneth about all the hanging about we had to endure, and again Lambert had to be restrained from going into the lions den. He needs to grow up and understand peoples frustration when things go wrong.

Who do we get to replace Rose now,will this be a season ender for Rose again.Lebedevs would be good :D

Our season ended on Thursday night......... It now appears the promotions at Kings Lynn are clueless and gutless at making the right decisions. It was always my belief the Club was more important than the Rider,, Not any more.......By not making example of these riders, is like saying: F--k the supporters, the riders can do as they like. They should both have been issued with 28 day suspension for withholding their services. Probably then, they might considered the consequences of their behaviour, but while the promoters keep wiping their arses, nothing will ever change...

What will happen the next time the track is not to their liking. ???????

Foot note:- I feel sorry for Lewis Rose, He's one of the good guys, who has attained another nasty injury. He has such terrible luck... Hope your recuperation goes well .

• Like 2

I'm certainly no expert on tracks but it reminded me of how the track used to be when we were riding in the Premier league 10 yrs ago, deep and grippy, an attackers track that made it a fortress against opposing teams (a track that the home riders could understand and have an advantage with). Reminded me of the track when we beat Sheffield (annihilated more like).

Recently the track has become very neutral so no home advantage. Maybe the riders need more practice on the deeper grippier track style? Looking at many other tracks over the years, the track on Thursday was still better than most and still very raceable. Once Buster had put down the sawdust? and neutralised the track we were back to the processional racing that everyone has been complaining about.

I could see no reason to refuse to ride, i mean there was only 1 accident all night and as for Batch retiring from the meeting through injury but being able to ride the next day.... i don't know (maybe should have a 24hrs non ride rule in place?).

The sport I love is dying on it arse and I think Buster does have the best intentions but there is only so much he can do with finances, rules etc. I was there on Thursday and was embarrassed for the fans and staff who work week to week to put on these events. To the riders who wanted to race, I thank you, to those who didn't, I hope you had very good reasons to let your fans down and trust you will be happy with the outcome.

GRW said " What will happen the next time the track is not to their liking. ???????"

​That is what has finally killed off my interest ( obsession really ) in going to watch the Stars at Saddlebow Rd. Thurs night was not the first such time of being very, very messed about and kept waiting needlessly for track modifications demanded by riders, when Buster has said it's rideable and raceable ( and the referee too ). Supporters won't go on and on putting up with it. Well, this supporter won't. Even worse new, would be supporters certainly won't. Buster ( at KL ) and the BSPA ( in general ) have to get a grip on what they offer to people who pay to come in through the turnstiles.

• Like 1

What i would like is to hear from Holder his reason for his conduct and the reason for his walking out. Batch must have had permission to withdraw as the referee wouldn't go on the riders reason for withdrawing. it must have been a medical verdict.

Yes please Chris! Why not? Not so that we can shout him down or argue the rights and wrongs but just to hear his perspective on it. It is "right" for him ( his view ) , so why not share it? One problem is lack of transparency / communication. In the same way the referee's report should be made public. Why not?

• Like 1

Kasper Wyrona he's going very well this year

all the fans ask for is 100% commitment form the 7 riders and the promoter this season we've had neither from either . The club is in meltdown mode and know one seems to care other than the paying public. Won't be long till the use it or lose it cry goes out well the club only got its self to blame .
  • Like 2

Not quite accurate Steve.

All the rider's want track work, 2 rider's didn't want to know regardless and pack up their gear.

No matter which way you look at it it was totally unacceptable to be packing up your equipment when the meeting wasn't called off.

Us fans were treated badly Thursday night by our own rider's.

well if sitting in the pits and chatting to some Poole riders about it isn't accurate enough then I guess I wasn't :neutral:

• Like 1

The silence from the SCB is deafening. Is Neil Vatcher on holiday.

Chapman is supposed to be the saviour of British speedway, we have seen no evidence yet that the sport looks likely to retain its existing fan base, let alone grow it and now we see yet again how poorly run is his own club.

We need someone who really is committed to openness and transparency and who has the vision and ability to save the sport.

• Like 2