British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

I've always rated Michael Palm-Toft as a rider, and after his performance at Leicester last night, we would be silly not to consider him if he is let go by Somerset, as some suggest?

It's not a suggestion, it's fact. Palm-Toft is no longer a Somerset rider

That's a fair comment, but there 2 sides to that. Would you expect the fans to come if riders continued to perform badly.

Batchelor, when riding for Swindon, the previous week, he scored 10 from his 4 rides against a much stronger Leicester side that fielded both Nilsson and Przedpelski. Last night in his 5 rides, he only beat someone in only one of those rides. Clearly no where near as efficient as he was previously. It wasn't as much the points, but the lack of determination he showed. How many more performances like that would you suggest is OK ???

Batchelor is really pi**ing the fans off, and while Buster does nothing, will only do the same... If Buster wants to keep him then I suggest his contract is changed to a point basis only...

pI**ing fans off has been Batchelor's speciality for quite some time.

• Like 1

So because Batchlor has a bad night he dose not wanna ride for the club anymore ?

BTW we were promised a statement from Chris Holder after the weekend, were we not? That'll be next Monday then?

BTW we were promised a statement from Chris Holder after the weekend, were we not? That'll be next Monday then?

According to the latest press release Holder is back in the line-up for Wednesday.

Interesting?!?

That's a fair comment, but there 2 sides to that. Would you expect the fans to come if riders continued to perform badly.

Batchelor, when riding for Swindon, the previous week, he scored 10 from his 4 rides against a much stronger Leicester side that fielded both Nilsson and Przedpelski. Last night in his 5 rides, he only beat someone in only one of those rides. Clearly no where near as efficient as he was previously. It wasn't as much the points, but the lack of determination he showed. How many more performances like that would you suggest is OK ???

Batchelor is really pi**ing the fans off, and while Buster does nothing, will only do the same... If Buster wants to keep him then I suggest his contract is changed to a point basis only...

Even the best riders in the past have done similar.Just because they score 10 one night doesn't mean they will score the same the next.Speedway has fine lines and making the gate is so important in whether you score well or not.

I was there last night. 1st race he was disqualified for leaving the track on an unsatisfactory start. bit silly but happens, track took some getting used to for us. so his 2nd 1 was a right off. then a win. he wasn't off the pace and tbh although toft rode ok he was nothing special.

Sometimes riders score points under the radar and others they ride hard for not a lot.

Last night made me realise if we do replace Holder it has to be for a big heat leader. if not we go backwards and you will all moan about the fact we lack top end strength and inconsistency in riders. Its ok if lambert and Batchelor are fit but what when they are not. All of this could have been averted had the riders put their point across on the night. Why did that not happen and why did caney walk. as rubbish as holder was that night. Shocking decision to up and leave. unless a rider is dropped from sweden/poland. or a struggling polish team have a rider who wants more meetings. we should probably maybe look at trying to forgive.

I actually beleive if holder was to say. "hands up, track was rubbish but i was out of order" we can move on.

Simon lambert and Tero Aarnio was the biggest problem last night. Aarnio tried his all but for lambert it just didn't happen.

It was as if his tall big build didn't suit the track? do tall riders struggle on small tracks as a rule? watching josh bates turning the bike inside out on the inside line was actually very entertaining/ for a bigger guy this must be a very hard move to pull off?

According to the latest press release Holder is back in the line-up for Wednesday.

Interesting?!?

No I'm not saying that at all.

What I'm saying is if we want to make changes, then do it. Just don't do it in a vindictive way to try and stop them from riding elsewhere.

As for Batchelor, can't see why anyone is surprised. Been that way since he's been over in the U.K. He's just a mood rider and always likely to be.

In understand that Robert stayed in Poland to get a medical assessment on his wrist as he thought it was broken. I see no issue with that. He's had the all clear so heads to Sweden tonight.

I would have an issue if he then didn't turn up on Wednesday but sure that he will. As far as I can recall he has never messed us about and always been committed to the Stars (heat 9 last week the exception).

I wouldn't worry about Wednesday, I've heard that they is a possibility of a rain shower tomorrow morning, so the meeting will be called off by 10am no doubt....or have Lynn potentially got a much stronger team this week?!!!

I actually beleive if Chris Holder was to say. "hands up, track was rubbish but i was out of order" we can move on.

You know, I think you're right.

Interesting?!?

I noticed that. I think it's the "other" Chris Holder.

Either that or it's slightly on the wrong side of the Trade's Description Act

As Holder is listed as riding tomorrow either it's a misprint or something very dodgy going on. It will be interesting to hear fans views if it turns out to be the later.

if he's gone through personal stuff maybe he is struggling mentally? I don't want to make excuses for him but you know.

I want to like him. Im trying my hardest. iv tried all season. I want him to be a "great" for us! Its just hard

From the Stars website..

KING’S LYNN: Troy Batchelor, Thomas Jorgensen, Chris Holder R/R, Kai Huckenbeck, Robert Lambert, Nicklas Porsing, Simon Lambert

As Holder is listed as riding tomorrow either it's a misprint or something very dodgy going on. It will be interesting to hear fans views if it turns out to be the later.

on reflection its likely a misprint ... shhould say 'Holder R/R i'd guess ?

So your saying let's not upset the riders just in case of the future but it doesn't matter what the riders done to the club against Poole cos the way I look at it Holder Batchelor Lambert and Huckenbeck all want sacking Holder refused to ride Lambert and Huckenbeck done the same all be it they got excluded for 2mins and Batchelor withdrew with a wrist problem but 24hours later guested for Bellvue so I say sod the riders

No I'm not saying that at all.

What I'm saying is if we want to make changes, then do it. Just don't do it in a vindictive way to try and stop them from riding elsewhere.

As for Batchelor, can't see why anyone is surprised. Been that way since he's been over in the U.K. He's just a mood rider and always likely to be.

In understand that Robert stayed in Poland to get a medical assessment on his wrist as he thought it was broken. I see no issue with that. He's had the all clear so heads to Sweden tonight.

I would have an issue if he then didn't turn up on Wednesday but sure that he will. As far as I can recall he has never messed us about and always been committed to the Stars (heat 9 last week the exception).

Why Lambert didn't go out was because he had asked for the ref to come down to the pits and inspect the track as it was dangerous, ref decided otherwise put the 2 mins on and when both Kings Lynn riders did not go out he then decided to head down looked at the track and buster had to do track work before meeting was allowed to go ahead. I totally agree with you Lambert has always been committed to the stars I would say also for the past 3 seasons

• Like 7