British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Feel sorry for Robert Lambert, he's committed and does his best for Kings Lynn it's a shame the rest of the team don't have the same attitude as his, that includes Buster Chapman who I thought was honest and upfront but he's done nothing but ruin Kings Lynn speedway aswell as drag down a dying sport in this country

• Like 1

In all the times I've supported the Stars, I cant remember a time when moral at this club was so low. But Its not just that, I get the impression that every other team are feed up to the back teeth with the troubles and shenanigans created by this club and, namely our promoter. I feel everyone would be happy if we were to pack-up because of the problems Buster has caused within the sport, and that doesn't generate much enthusiasm with us fans.....

I believe us fans, are between the devil and the hard place, in that we can do no more, than we have tried to do.. Buster only does what Buster wants, and we have little choice in the way the business is run. I would hate to see the club close its door on the sport here in Kings Lynn, but to think it wont happen is just burying you head in the sand. The club is in dire need of new blood, to Promote the club, , To Manage the club , To Govern the whole existence. Its so obvious Buster cant do it on his own. He needs help... Either he don't want the help or that others don't want to help, there seem to be a massive problem...

At Kings Lynn, the venue has so much going for it, but the biggest problem appears to be Buster persona....

This Club was built up to be respected and appreciated by all, Them days are long gone... These past few weeks, we have descended into a club in total turmoil ....... Surely that cant be allow to continue....

• Like 1

GRW 123 wrote " At Kings Lynn, the venue has so much going for it, but the biggest problem appears to be Buster persona....

This Club was built up to be respected and appreciated by all, Them days are long gone... These past few weeks, we have descended into a club in total turmoil ....... Surely that cant be allow to continue.,"

Unless those who surround Buster can encourage him to listen to fans concerns, perhaps in a series of meetings or a new style of supporters club, I can't see a future for the club under Buster's sole control. Of course as the owner he can do as he chooses but KLS will wither and finally flounder unless better ways of running the club are embarked on. It may be that he no longer values the Stars speedway team as being a viable part of the business at the AFA. Changing the name of the 2018 "top" league will not turn around the fortunes of KLS nor of the sport in general.

• Like 1

There are apparently 2 big articles in the Speedy Star this coming week - by Chapman and Van Stratten. Should make for interesting reading!!

• Like 1

There are apparently 2 big articles in the Speedy Star this coming week - by Chapman and Van Stratten. Should make for interesting reading!!

Could be indeed - just as long as they are not heavily pushing that they are " on the right path" and " it will all work out well" and if supporters really want speedway " they must turn up to support their local team and bring a friend". Most of us have grasped that idea already.

• Like 1

I think that this will likely be the case. If the rumours of the New, new league structure of 12 teams in the top level Scooby Doo Doo league are correct for 2018 I can't see this working out either. Only if they dispense with the half a dozen overpaid GP level riders would it have half a chance. Even then another renamed "super league" will do nothing to attract new fans in itself.

They could call it the "use a guest, r/r, doubling up, absent riding in another country, super league" :rofl:

• Like 2

They could call it the "use a guest, r/r, doubling up, absent riding in another country, super league" :rofl:

I hope they do attract a Massive Sponsor and it is called the Doo Doo League ( or Top Poop Toilet Tissue League ) to reflect the mess speedway is in, in the UK. Can't wait for these two big articles in the SS. Some kind of Revelations?

I hope they do attract a Massive Sponsor and it is called the Doo Doo League ( or Top Poop Toilet Tissue League ) to reflect the mess speedway is in, in the UK. Can't wait for these two big articles in the SS. Some kind of Revelations?

No revelations apart from CVS implying kings Lynn did not ask the referee to cancel the meeting in the double header. Also the speedway star saying the sport is in the biggest mess they have known since being in publication, which makes them worried about their own future and the price has gone up by 10p.

I personally have a digital subscription and must say that I think it provides good VFM.

• Like 2

Speedway in its biggest mess ever ? And they need ink for the fans to know that ?!!!!

Not in as big a mess as Sweden!!!!!!

Keep hearing about the mess in Sweden.What are the problems,solely down to money?

Seen plenty mention that the 2017 season is one to forget.

For me, it's one that should be very much remembered by fans and management if as a club we move forward.

• Like 4

For me, it's one that should be very much remembered by fans and management if as a club we move forward.

The sport has to move forward, we can't afford another 2017. Proposed change should be tested by asking does it restore credibility and integrity, does it help or hinder restoring team building that will create teams fans can call their own and identity with for more than one season and does it enable a continuity of fixtures. Promoters must now give priority to what is good for the sport as a whole and not just what benefits them.

I hope changes for the better can be made at Kings Lyn but the present promotion give no cause for optimism if the current idea to increase guests to cover any absence is an example. That is exactly what most of us don't want

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 2

we have to move forward as a club if not the future is very bleak - hopefully much will have been taken on board and things off track will change - I feel we need new blood as co promoter at least with some new ideas to freshen things up and this person needs to be able to stand up to Buster or nothing will change - a change of attitude towards the paying customer is needed as much as anything -as for the team it's obvious the team we have isn't going to make the play offs in 2018 so we need a new face or two a number 1 would be a starting point .

Will things change ?sadly that's in Busters hands

Edited by Haza
  • Like 1

The future is very bleak for KLS because Buster IS still running things HIS way and those around, him who choose to stay involved are "Yes Buster, No Buster, Three Bags Full Buster", so new ideas are given short shrift ( that's the way it looks from the outside ).

What looks even more bleak was that the crowd for Thurs night's double header was well down even when it included Poole & Rye House fans. Buster is very out of touch with the fans he continually exhorts to turn up. It can only end in tears.