British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Let the kissing begin then ! :lol::party:

Buster is a shrewd businessman so if he can get Holder on what we were paying NKI and he thinks he can take us to the play offs and beyond I'm sure he would sign him as long as Holder was prepared to come to Lynn in the first place.

No Kasprezak- he's signed for the Pie-rats

After the information that the Stars will be announcing their first rider this week, each day is treated with optimism that this is the day. But true to previous it was always expected to be the last day of the week. So Friday is the day, but who will be the first named rider? Will they take the easy option and choose one that we all assume will be riding? or will they go for a rider who was questionable whether he stayed or goes.? .. I don't expect we will get the name of a major signing, they will want to keep that under wraps till the Supporters meeting, But it needs to be someone of high importance to show other teams our intentions, plus keeping the fans interested.

My guess, and hoping, it will be Robert Lambert :t:

After the information that the Stars will be announcing their first rider this week, each day is treated with optimism that this is the day. But true to previous it was always expected to be the last day of the week. So Friday is the day, but who will be the first named rider? Will they take the easy option and choose one that we all assume will be riding? or will they go for a rider who was questionable whether he stayed or goes.? .. I don't expect we will get the name of a major signing, they will want to keep that under wraps till the Supporters meeting, But it needs to be someone of high importance to show other teams our intentions, plus keeping the fans interested.

My guess, and hoping, it will be Robert Lambert :t:

I reckon it will be Robert. I certainly hope it is.

I'm sure Lambert will be signing for the Stars. He has been mentioned on this thread and dismissed but Mikkel Michelsen would be worth a punt on a starting average of 8.43 assuming he isn't riding in the Ekstraliga which I guess would rule him out.

Colin Pratt ? Lives locally, big mates with Buster. Just a shame that Mainman Rogers has thrown his lot in at Plymouth otherwise we could have gone with him and his magical calculator ! 😂

• Like 1

Hopefully not Dale Allitt.

I agree Dale not the man for this job leave him with the young Stars but need someone who with more experience in my opinion and Dale isn't the man.

Here is my team for 2016 if it fits

1 Neils/Holder if neils opts out

2 Klindt

3 Lambert

4 Musielek/Milik

5 Cook

6 Huckenbek

7 2 point fodder (bailey/stokes/jpb/smith etc)

3 good heat leaders, 2 good 2nd strings and 1 good reserve!

I don't expect to see this team however because I'm sure it will be far too expensive!

team id expect to see

1 Holder

2 Porsing

3 Lambert

4 Rose

5 Batchelor

6 other lambert

7 huckenbek

i think this team will have inconsistencies. I hope we don't opt for a team without at least 2 consistent heat leaders! 6-7.5 point riders (unconverted) are always inconsistent. look at previous seasons! Frustrating!

Well I'll disagree, think he is the right man for the job.

Been in and around the club for years. Ran the Young Stars on a shoestring budget. Helped bring on the likes of Kerr, Rose & Bailey.

Seemed to have done well at Peterborough as well. Plus let's face it, Buster and Rob know him better than any of us on here. Both as ex team managers should know whether he's up to the task.