British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

I wish somebody had asked him if he thinks he has what it takes to challenge for the number 1 jacket! Id love to see him pushing himself be better than holder. renew that old rivalry from the old days! A bit of a challenge there! Something to prove! maybe unlikely but be cool if he was to prove people wrong!

When you think when they rode under 16's in OZ Batchelor nearly always use to come out on top, Batchelor declined as holder progressed. Would be good if holder could push Batchelor along to challenge him for the no 1 race jacket

The Polish speedway authorities are NOT higher than EU employment laws, even if they like to think they are. A speedway authority has no power to demand where someone works. They cannot dictate which leagues riders can and cannot ride in.

But they could relieve you of your job if you disobey their rule and get away with it in this game I guess .....
  • Like 1

When you think when they rode under 16's in OZ Batchelor nearly always use to come out on top, Batchelor declined as holder progressed. Would be good if holder could push Batchelor along to challenge him for the no 1 race jacket

when Iversen signed for Lynn his career was in decline out of GP average around the 7 mark and look what happened to him-Batch is at the same point I feel same as Iversen was its now or never Troy is more than capable to doing the same - and with having Holder in the side and hopefully hitting the ground running in March after doing well in the Aussie championship I feel Troy is going have a great year .
  • Like 1

We'l see. Thats my opinion.

Well it's a good job no one takes any notice of your opinions.

• Like 6

spot on I've been saying that all winter - Iversen or any eu citizen can earn a living were they see fit

Yes. But a company can choose to offer a contract which contains an exclusivity clause. And it's up to the contractor whether they sign or not. If people really think this is breaking a law, can they quote that law?
  • Like 3

Exactly. There appears to be no law broken here and with the potential earnings on offer Poland can put enormous pressure on riders.

Yes. But a company can choose to offer a contract which contains an exclusivity clause. And it's up to the contractor whether they sign or not. If people really think this is breaking a law, can they quote that law?

yes his Polish contract may well say 3 leagues only but the point I'm trying to make they cannot stop Iversen or any other EU citizen from working - now it may well be Iversen Polish contract is that good he will go along with what the poles say but from what I've read in this weeks speedway star Iversen clearly wants to ride in the UK and is prevented doing so by Polish speedway rules - personally I think what's needed is a rider to defy a Polish club and sign for a British club or 4th league side and see then what the Poles do - yes a Polish contract could be cancelled but would Gorzów in Iversen case want to lose a top rider like Iversen ? On the other hand could Iversen afford to take that chance ? Edited by Haza

yes his Polish contract may well say 3 leagues only but the point I'm trying to make they cannot stop Iversen or any other EU citizen from working - now it may well be Iversen Polish contract is that good he will go along with what the poles say but from what I've read in this weeks speedway star Iversen clearly wants to ride in the UK and is prevented doing so by Polish speedway rules - personally I think what's needed is a rider to defy a Polish club and sign for a British club or 4th league side and see then what the Poles do - yes a Polish contract could be cancelled but would Gorzów in Iversen case want to lose a top rider like Iversen ? On the other hand could Iversen afford to take that chance ?

That's it, of course he wouldn't, if it had affected more riders then no doubt something would've been done sooner ....

To be honest its mainly only affecting the top Danes. NKI and Kildemand being the 2 most high profile riders.

To be honest its mainly only affecting the top Danes. NKI and Kildemand being the 2 most high profile riders.

Exactly, but potentially others and it only affects the UK and Denmark with regards to losing riders.

All the talk about Holder at NO1, me thinks Lambert could push him hard for the NO1 jacket if he carries improving like he has over the last 3 years. ENGLISH pride!

• Like 1

All the talk about Holder at NO1, me thinks Lambert could push him hard for the NO1 jacket if he carries improving like he has over the last 3 years. ENGLISH pride!

He is going to have to improve a hell of a lot to get near being a no.1
  • Like 1

He is going to have to improve a hell of a lot to get near being a no.1

Yep agree, but he is improving every year, fact