British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Iversen has done an interview about the meeting so I'm sure he will be there. I was surprised Holder was named but maybe this is a goodbye to the UK for the time being.

I don't suppose anybody knows if there is a live stream available for this meeting anywhere, for those of us who don't want to travel long distances for what can only be described as a very mediocre line up. (Please post if you know of one?)

As always it will be interesting to see what the final line up actually is, but I'm not holding my breath after what has happened in past years! Lets hope NKI finishes his season with a win in this one, and its not the last we see of him in the UK.

Paul Starke is fourth in the Leicester averages and that after riding in the top five for most of the year. He was competitive in the British Final so hardly out of place in this field.

It was purely a response to why Poole have sent their No 7. Paul Starke was Leicester reserve for about half a season.

I haven't stated there is anything wrong with this and I am not doubting his ability to be there either but this meeting is quite a bit stronger than the British Final but he has beaten most of these riders this year.

If you would have said to me last season that Pooles current reserves will be in next seasons ELRC, I and many may have given a rye smile but well done to both.

It was purely a response to why Poole have sent their No 7. Paul Starke was Leicester reserve for about half a season.

Starke has been in the 1-5 for the vast majority of the season, about 80% of it. Plus he IS 4th in their averages. Its only Woryna missing for dodgy reasons, unlike 5 Poole riders!

rumour is that Holder's out

It's a bit early for the 24 hour flu I thought he'd get. Is this the new 48 hour variety?

• Like 1

Starke has been in the 1-5 for the vast majority of the season, about 80% of it. Plus he IS 4th in their averages. Its only Woryna missing for dodgy reasons, unlike 5 Poole riders!

Woryna? Wozniak surely?

• Like 1

Shawn is always right Arnie. :wink: If he says it's Woryna then it's Woryna.

Well Holder has flown out to Poland today so will it be a missed flight or the Torun demand I stay another day.

• Like 1

Yes but Starke was only there in the team because he was riding for Leicester and for most other teams he would be a No 7 in the averages. And also he did start as a No 7.

In fact according to averages if Poole had sent Rohan Tungate, Nikolai Klindt, Szymion Wozniak and Troy Batchelor to the ELRC, they would all be the No 7 for Poole due to averages so it doesn't make any difference.

Also I personally think had Newman not got multiple injuries mid season and lost a bit of form getting fit, he would have gotten into the main team and he was definitely quicker than Kurtz, Pedersen and Buckzowski so on form he probably is Poole's second best rider so why not send him.

Woryna? Wozniak surely?

"that Pole what rides for them sometimes", better? :D

Well Holder has flown out to Poland today so will it be a missed flight or the Torun demand I stay another day.

Poole should make sure he's there surely ......