British Speedway Forum
TheReturn

Congratulations Belle Vue - League Champions

Same thread appears every year but at the start of the year every team knows that they are riding to make the playoffs and then it's winner takes all. Yes it would be good if we had league champions and then playoff winners but that's not how it is

Hhahhahaa. I guess you support the robins. Could be worse.

True - he could support Poole :wink:
  • Like 1

Thought I had dozed off on the sofa and woken up after the playoffs.

No Belle Vue are not League Champions. They have won the right to choose who they are going to meet in the playoff semis. They have won nothing else......yet.

We should have a league topper's trophy as well as league champion's trophy ...... the play offs are for SKY, for the clubs, for the fans but they can't take away the fact that a team has topped the league over the season .......

No there not for sky as the Pl would not have them would they ? they have them because clubs want them to keep the season alive keep the crowds up and make much needed money ......When the play offs start no one will give a monkeys who finished top

Same thread appears every year but at the start of the year every team knows that they are riding to make the playoffs and then it's winner takes all. Yes it would be good if we had league champions and then playoff winners but that's not how it is

You took the words right out of my mouth. Belle Vue deservedly finished top of the league even after losing 2 home matches (could even be 3), the P/Off's will be a different matter and that's the one that counts.

• Like 2

Ok I am wrong if you say so... but I still believe the tam that finishes top of the table after months of racing should be league champions.

You are wrong, no question. So you're thread is false titling.

There are plenty of people who think like you.

The play offs are so successful that all the speedway countries use them.

They and they alone decide who wins the league title. You don't have to like it to accept it.

Personally I love the play offs and make the sport feel like big time.

• Like 2

Superleague has a shield for the team who finishes top I believe, seems like a good idea to me.

Yep a lot of sports do. And it makes sense. End of the day that trophy doesn't mean much, it's all about winning the final and being champions. Nonetheless, it's a nice acknowledgement that topping the table is an achievement in itself.

• Like 1

True - he could support Poole :wink:

Almost every year these threads appear.

When Poole top the table there doesn't tend to be a big deal made.

In fact, most can't wait for Poole to be taken apart in the Play-Offs (which is rare the last few years) after topping the league.

Play-Off winners are League Champions

Finishing top after 28 matches gives that team 1st pick of opponents and 2nd leg at home.

That's the benefits of coming top of the league, nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 2

Bring on the play offs I say. Part 1 of a 2 part season complete

Try telling Coventry, Poole won in 2010!

That would also mean Birmingham won it 2013! Gain one, we lose one! Lol.

Oh yeah, well done BV. Best team over the season.

Edited by lisa-colette

No there not for sky as the Pl would not have them would they ? they have them because clubs want them to keep the season alive keep the crowds up and make much needed money ......When the play offs start no one will give a monkeys who finished top

Err, I haven't said just for SKY have I, I know the clubs, riders and fans get plenty out of them too Orion 😆 Edited by Trees

Well done Belle Vue on winning the league but the job is only half done and now you have to win the play-off's.

It will be interesting to see who you pick!?