Berwick 2017 50th Year

Bridger 8.53

Gappmaier 4.00

Vissing 6.80

Doolan 6.99

Bellego 7.63

Ayres 3.60

Blacklock 2.00

Like the look of this team, maybe though you`d still have the problem with Gappmaier at two that you do with Carr. Seems Berge isn't quite as happy at Berwick as he thought he might be so for him to leave the team would make sense for club and rider and Carr is weak at two, though I think the big problems for him are machine related, nevertheless he isn't, and doesn't look like scoring the points he should be so I agree about dropping him. Bellego being a club asset must be under consideration, though he has a full diary now so to add Berwick`s fixtures could prove a problem especially where there are clashes as I`m guessing the clubs he has now would take precedent over Berwick`s fixtures.

Agree Liams problems are machine related.He needs to do a lot of testing with his current

motors or get last seasons engines tuned and in his bikes asap.

too much of a risk imo although if it's the right rider (a good one) then I suppose it isn't a risk

The two you Czechs are flying this year and no they don't know the tracks but we're at the point of salvage and team building for next year after this coming weekend.

Like the look of this team, maybe though you`d still have the problem with Gappmaier at two that you do with Carr. Seems Berge isn't quite as happy at Berwick as he thought he might be so for him to leave the team would make sense for club and rider and Carr is weak at two, though I think the big problems for him are machine related, nevertheless he isn't, and doesn't look like scoring the points he should be so I agree about dropping him. Bellego being a club asset must be under consideration, though he has a full diary now so to add Berwick`s fixtures could prove a problem especially where there are clashes as I`m guessing the clubs he has now would take precedent over Berwick`s fixtures.

I would assume that Berwick would have paid the loan fee to Glasgow for the season, if this is the case i am sure Berwick will try & recoup as much of that as possible.

I am really not that surprised if this is the case i have never seen a more temperamental rider than Dimitri if things don't go his way, it is going to prove difficult for Glasgow to offload him.

Edited by Gazc

I would assume that Berwick would have paid the loan fee to Glasgow for the season, if this is the case i am sure Berwick will try & recoup as much of that as possible.

I am really not that surprised if this is the case i have never seen a more temperamental rider than Dimitri if things don't go his way, it is going to prove difficult for Glasgow to offload him.

I dont think he minds riding for us, he's just been slow? Did Liam not buy engines off Burza? Or another former Berwick rider?
  • Like 1

No one would part money for his registration, not that they really need to anyway. Its not even Easter and it sounds Berge is already unsettled FFS. Another season or two he will run out of clubs willing to take him on loan. He's got the talent and the machinery just not the mentality or maturity.

No one would part money for his registration, not that they really need to anyway. Its not even Easter and it sounds Berge is already unsettled FFS. Another season or two he will run out of clubs willing to take him on loan. He's got the talent and the machinery just not the mentality or maturity.

Unfortunately his fellow Frenchman Bellego has the same temperament IMO.Highly talented though.

This is where good management and support system around the team kick in. If a rider is struggling, work with him, help him, if there are problems, sort them out. Gating seems to be a problem throughout the team, is it something to do with set-ups? Gating looked better against Ipswich, when the starting gate was like a ploughed field. Do they need to make the starting gate deeper?

The riders apparently under pressure have talent, look at Berge in the World under 21 last year, look at the way Liam finished last season. They don't suddenly become poor riders. They may lose confidence, they may be on machinery which is not working as well as it once was. That's when the riders / management need to work together and re-build confidence, work at things.

Then at least id things still don't work out, you have given it a good chance, then look to make changes, if the right riders are available.

• Like 4

I dont think he minds riding for us, he's just been slow? Did Liam not buy engines off Burza? Or another former Berwick rider?

If he did , they are still second hand engines, does not matter who owned them

The two you Czechs are flying this year and no they don't know the tracks but we're at the point of salvage and team building for next year after this coming weekend.

Cannot see Czechs signing for Berwick, Berwick does not have a good name over there at the moment. Would need a good PR team to go over and convince them otherwise, and a large wallet.

This is where good management and support system around the team kick in. If a rider is struggling, work with him, help him, if there are problems, sort them out. Gating seems to be a problem throughout the team, is it something to do with set-ups? Gating looked better against Ipswich, when the starting gate was like a ploughed field. Do they need to make the starting gate deeper?

The riders apparently under pressure have talent, look at Berge in the World under 21 last year, look at the way Liam finished last season. They don't suddenly become poor riders. They may lose confidence, they may be on machinery which is not working as well as it once was. That's when the riders / management need to work together and re-build confidence, work at things.

Then at least id things still don't work out, you have given it a good chance, then look to make changes, if the right riders are available.

Got to agree, the club has talked it's ability to change up, and have delivered with the infrastructure so far. We have had such a bad track for the last 6 to 8 years, and is now massively improved, and am sure it's development is on going. If the management has skills to improve on the team side, they need to put it together and act now, they have "talked the talk", now lets see them "walk the walk"

Sadly, I thought the team didn't have structure from the beginning, but was hoping to be proved wrong, nearly every rider had an "IF" against them.

If he did , they are still second hand engines, does not matter who owned them

Cannot see Czechs signing for Berwick, Berwick does not have a good name over there at the moment. Would need a good PR team to go over and convince them otherwise, and a large wallet.

Got to agree, the club has talked it's ability to change up, and have delivered with the infrastructure so far. We have had such a bad track for the last 6 to 8 years, and is now massively improved, and am sure it's development is on going. If the management has skills to improve on the team side, they need to put it together and act now, they have "talked the talk", now lets see them "walk the walk"

Sadly, I thought the team didn't have structure from the beginning, but was hoping to be proved wrong, nearly every rider had an "IF" against them.

No point making changes until first averages come out, give the struggling riders until then as they have 3 meetings this weekend and a few more before end of month. Why does Berwick have a bad name with Czech riders? We've gave so many a chance compared to any other team in Britain?

I agree regarding the look of the team from when it was announced.

• Like 2

No point making changes until first averages come out, give the struggling riders until then as they have 3 meetings this weekend and a few more before end of month. Why does Berwick have a bad name with Czech riders? We've gave so many a chance compared to any other team in Britain?

I agree regarding the look of the team from when it was announced.

We used to have a good name in Czech, but in recent years the Czech riders with the exception of Matej Kus have not been treated respectfully at Berwick, the nail in the coffin was Hynek Sticheur. However every Czech I know, think the fans at Berwick are fantastic, it shows when we visit CZ

Unfortunately his fellow Frenchman Bellego has the same temperament IMO.Highly talented though.

Nope sorry. Having had both Berge and Bellego at Redcar recently there is no comparison. Berge turned up each week and punched his clockcard. Bellego turned himself into a Premier League (as was) Number 1.

Yes a good solid interview and preview on the excellent Bandits website which continues to entertainand inform not least through The Dirt where you get updated blogs all through the week with George Dodds latest posting probably required reading for a few on here.

• Like 1