British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Select, Followed By Bob Kilby Memorial Trophy 15. 9. 16

At least there won't be any queues at the back straight bogs.

Queues at the back street bogs, are you mad ?

Only a few die-hards dare enter and they have been seen weeping on the grass banks beforehand (it is a very sad sight to see)..

I understand that sometimes you can spot ER checking the quality of the toilet paper (mostly Izal) and waving his arms wildly at the wildlife within..

• Like 1

Just keep Kurtz and Newman free of any injuries.....purleeeese!

Just keep Kurtz and Newman free of any injuries.....purleeeese!

Kurtz should be ok, 3 duck eggs.

Only a few die-hards dare enter and they have been seen weeping on the grass banks beforehand (it is a very sad sight to see)..

I understand that sometimes you can spot ER checking the quality of the toilet paper (mostly Izal) and waving his arms wildly at the wildlife within..

Gone are the days when people queued to get into the back straight bogs. They have such a fearsome reputation, I've seen grown men having a slash against the outside of the bog walls through utter fear of going inside.

A couple of years ago I did see Shov in there trying to avoid the splash back on his open toed sandles.

The bogs will be missed. Never again will there be such a stench. :(

• Like 1

Gone are the Izal days...now it's Aldi Supreme at 99 pence for 15 rolls. Sad to think they will never be used again if we don't get a result at Lakey.

Gone are the Izal days...now it's Aldi Supreme at 99 pence for 15 rolls. Sad to think they will never be used again if we don't get a result at Lakey.

Hope they would only be used once. :o;):cheers:

you say it looks like a good meeting Orlov but is it? In reality it's little more than just a practice match for Nick and Sedgie to give them a bit more track time. At full price I'm struggling to get any enthusiasm for this.

You normally get a good meeting when the racing is close, there is a reasonable amount of overtaking and the result is unpredictable with the bonus of a last heat decider. I enjoyed it as I did the NL meeting last week as the above happened, you do not need GP superstars half a lap ahead to have a good meeting.

I will accept and surprised there was not a small price reduction.

The numbers were down on last week, I would say about 400.

Really enjoyed the meeting, smaller crowd but a lovely warm evening, good racing, no queues at the burger van, glad I went, especially if this is to be the last meeting at the Abbey. Lot of jeers when it was announced that Poole had signed Lindback. Hope Morris can repeat that score tonight at Lakeside if it is on. COYR !! :t:

• Like 1

A "select" side using rider replacement!

• Like 2

I miss those crusty cheese and onion rolls they used to sell on the back straight...these Aldi one's just aren't the same :-( ;-)

• Like 3

I miss those crusty cheese and onion rolls they used to sell on the back straight...these Aldi one's just aren't the same :-( ;-)

Remember those rolls very nice indeed, remember collecting Pepsi bottles to get the money back on them.I also remember the

the gate being there stopping you from going over onto the expensive side until about heat 11 happy days.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

Remember those rolls very nice indeed, remember collecting Pepsi bottles to get the money back on them.I also remember the

the gate being there stopping you from going over onto the expensive side until about heat 11 happy days.

Blimey...forgot all about the Gate...haha...brilliant. As a kid, it was such a treat to have a cheese and onion roll and bottle of coke...plus my programme signed by the opposition riders... the simple joys in life.

• Like 1

And money back on the hubbly bubbly empties, you went home better off after climbing in! Fond memories of 60s 70s Saturday night's at The Abbey, when it was always sunny, gates of 4-10000. When local lads rode their hearts out for Swindon St.George God and the Queen...hurrah!

Why would anyone queue for a bloody orrible burger.

Not surprised only 400 turned up charging full whack!Hopefully 4000 will turn up for the opener at the new Rosco Arena.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1