British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SharpenRake

Glasgow V Workington Pl League Cup Semi-final 1st Leg 18/9/16 3pm

Looks like this tie has already been won after just 9 heats so makes the second leg a lot easier& can not see Workington getting back into it now.

I was not there but some are saying it should not have started?

Looking at the score it's apparent Workington didn't.

• Like 1

Just my opinion but i'd say the track was totally fine (when i say fine, it was wet, but not much standing water on the track) I just think that one team wanted it more than the other. You had a few Workington riders chucklng it after less than a lap if they didn't gate.

Edited by DJEuan

Nope. Nothing wrong with the track at all, Worky just didn't look interested other than Vissing. Highlight being his two fingered salutes to the Glasgow fans which showed he was still interested. :lol:

A meeting that we were bound to win, but Worky seemed to have decided the tie was over before it started.

• Like 2

Quite an enjoyable meeting despite the wet with heats run in quick succession. Glasgow's desire to win was tremendous with Lunna, Summers and Bach just never giving in. Ht15 was superb with Bach chasing Wells for 3 laps before going under him though may have benefitted from Wells goggles pinging off at the end of lap 2.

Credit to all the riders for giving it a go with the categoric exception of Jensen who gave up before the first bend in his first two heats and pulled onto the grass. Hansen worked his socks off and Vissing let his frustration get the better of him at the end of ht13. Never say never but Glasgow should have safe passage through.

Does not look good all the retirements

Roynon seemed to have bike issues in the early meeting and Jensen was disinterested which counts for 5 R's.

• Like 2

Does not look good all the retirements

Was only one teams riders doing all the retiring though ;-) .......which kinda tells you all you need to know

• Like 1

Not a lot wrong with the track slightly heavier due to the dampness but times were still on a par with the normal.

Sadly Workington for some reason just didn't look up for it , on a side note referee consulted both teams at heat 10 to ask if they were happy to continue both were happy to continue so to blame the track is clutching at straws.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

Hope to get back up to Glasgow. This year

The more the merrier alway's get a warm welcome at Ashfield no matter who you support

• Like 1

Shocking performance from Workington . Jensen touring round at the back for a lap before popping a wheelie in front of the stand , what's that all about ? Vissing's two fingered salute was aimed at the Grand Monarch ( the new Frank Ebdon - 1 hour 20 minutes , well done Jim ) for not stopping the meeting after heat 10 , although I've seen meetings run on far worse tracks than today's .

Couldn't understand Worky's lack of interest today , it was a semi final and their last chance of silverware this season and some of their riders just didn't want to know . But a 39 point lead should see us comfortably into the final , with now Somerset to come in probably the next two Sundays . I don't see them capitulating quite so easily as today's opponents did .

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 1

Sorry Adam, I lnow that you had a good meeting last night but I think it's time to stop. :neutral:

Edited by tyretrax
  • Like 1

Shocking performance from Workington . Jensen touring round at the back for a lap before popping a wheelie in front of the stand , what's that all about ? Vissing's two fingered salute was aimed at the Grand Monarch ( the new Frank Ebdon - 1 hour 20 minutes , well done Jim ) for not stopping the meeting after heat 10 , although I've seen meetings run on far worse tracks than today's .

Couldn't understand Worky's lack of interest today , it was a semi final and their last chance of silverware this season and some of their riders just didn't want to know . But a 39 point lead should see us comfortably into the final , with now Somerset to come in probably the next two Sundays . I don't see them capitulating quite so easily as today's opponents did .

Vissing must have completely lost the plot.... was extremely funny though.