British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ace no.5

Lakeside Vs Belle Vue, 21/9/16...

Get Nikki Ped over!!

As Pedersen and Piotr Pawlicki are Wolves assets I feel a couple of injury problems for Masters and Thorssell over the weekend. Or as it's called 'doin a Poole'. :wink:

• Like 2

As Pedersen and Piotr Pawlicki are Wolves assets I feel a couple of injury problems for Masters and Thorssell over the weekend. Or as it's called 'doin a Poole'. :wink:

I think you're being a bit unfair, nowadays it's called doing a Poole or doing a Wolverhampton.

Thats the problem with broken bones isn't it. They tend to stop a rider from riding.

once or twice maybe would be believable, but something happens at Poole every year.

Didn't you bring up zagar in the other knockout cup bit semi thread?

#your(sic)gettingsofunnyitsridiculous

Probably but shouldn't you spell peoples names with a capital letter.

I think you're being a bit unfair, nowadays it's called doing a Poole or doing a Wolverhampton.

Like Belle Vue wouldn't have made changes if the opportunity arose.

Take the moral high ground if it makes you happy. :wink:

I think you'll find that most Aces fans are pleased that we are going into the play offs with the 7 riders who have got us there.

• Like 2

I think you'll find that most Aces fans are pleased that we are going into the play offs with the 7 riders who have got us there.

It is excellent that Belle Vue have managed to come through the season with the same 7 riders. Quite a rare thing to happen.

In Poole's case Watty just wasn't scoring anything. I don't know what really happened but think his personal life got in the way. Suprised he never managed to get his riding back and was just as bad if not worse at Leicester. Bjarne hasn't strengthened us from the Watty we expected to be with us this year.

Of course Hans got injured at the worst possible time and I don't think Lindback is going to just come in and bash in a few big scores. But rather him than guests to be honest. We could have gone horses for courses with Harris at Monmore and Tungate/King/ hougaard at BV.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

In a perfect world no changes would be allowed up to a month before.

However British Speedway is far from perfect.

I'm sure most neutrals will be behind the Aces.

I agree that Poole choosing the right guests for the away matches could have made them stronger than signing Lindback, although I think he will do better than guests at home and it is the aggregate scores that matter.

It's the fact he comes in on a 7 that is wrong and which damages the credibility of the league competition.

In a perfect world no changes would be allowed up to a month before.

However British Speedway is far from perfect.

I'm sure most neutrals will be behind the Aces.

I have no problem with an injured rider being replaced but it has to be by rider who is of the same or a lower standard. How many fans genuinely believe that Lindback would average 7 or less if had been riding here. With all due respect to Craig Cook his average for matches ridden this year is near enough 7, would people assess Lindback and apparently Dudek in the same category.

• Like 3

I had a go at the promotion about not taking Tai when he approached us.

They said it would have required two changes to the team.

They contacted Tai's UK team to inform them of that a conversation had taken place.

I member of the management committee informed them it was highly likely Tai's average would be reassessed making a straight swap with Zagar impossible.

The Aces were happy to stick with Zagar and were not looking to change but didn't want accusations of back room deals and therefore informed Wolves of the approach.

I had a go at the promotion about not taking Tai when he approached us.

They said it would have required two changes to the team.

They contacted Tai's UK team to inform them of that a conversation had taken place.

I member of the management committee informed them it was highly likely Tai's average would be reassessed making a straight swap with Zagar impossible.

The Aces were happy to stick with Zagar and were not looking to change but didn't want accusations of back room deals and therefore informed Wolves of the approach.

Haha very funny!!!

How many meetings has Fricke missed either through injury or unavailability??

• Like 1