British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ace no.5

Lakeside Vs Belle Vue, 21/9/16...

Discuss! I would like to think we could get out of here with nothing worse than a 6-8 point deficit. Glad to see Scottie scoring well tonight with 10+3 from 5. Will be interesting to see who the Hammers bring in for AJ.

We should of won there last time and that was without Zagar who goes well there. I think we can keep it close and maybe even sneak a win, but in play offs luck plays a big part and the best team doesn't always win. The good thing about racing lakeside is i like them, so it will be very small consolation if we lose.

I hope belle vue haven't pick it the wrong way round and find themselves adrift after the first leg with a mountain to climb

• Like 1

I hope we can take a decent lead to Belle Vue to keep it interesting on the tele but wouldn't surprise me if we lost both meetings. We need everyone to be at there best to get the win Wednesday. The way Kennett and Bridger are riding at home we should see a good meeting and maybe Cook can chuck all his money and get Hancock over, although that's just me being a dreamer lol.

The last two times BV have failed to score 40 away from home have been at Lakeside. So by BV standards this could be a drubbing. I'll go with 48-42 leaving BV happy going into the following weeks home leg.

I think this may be close if Lakeside ride as a team like last night, they certainly have riders who ride their track very well but over two legs you have to fancy Belle Vue.

As the play-offs are an utter Sky-engineered farce, I still want Belle Vue to win the league title - it's rightfully theirs.

Just hope that we put on a decent show for everyone; and don't fall apart as usual away from Arena.

Great shame that AJ cannot be part of it. The guy is the ultimate professional.

Edited by The Voice Of Reason
  • Like 1

Lakeside should be good for at least 40 points at Belle Vue. They managed that in the a fixture and although they were well beaten in the b fixture they had to cover Jonsson with rr which only scored 3, I'd expect the right guest to score double figures.

We suffered our biggest defeat of the season at Lakeside, I doubt we will be that bad when we go back but we need to keep it within 10.

If they don't get Iversen I think Lakeside will struggle to find a guest who can score 12 points at home, which could be the deciding factor. Be surprised if tungate doesn't guest at Belle Vue.

Just checked, it looks like Iversen doesn't fit with the latest averages, maybe they can get his average re-assessed down by a point to fit?

Tungate has had consistently good scores at Belle Vue this year. Not sure I'd choose him as a guest at number one though. He's due a bad one there.

Surely kk would be the first choice guest to cover aj at the NSS? After that though..guess king, lambert or tungate is about as good as it gets? None of whom are number ones.

Got to be kk if he fits for both legs and if Lakeside really want to make an effort of doing the best they possibly can.

• Like 1

Jon Cook has stated that they are considering 2 current EL riders.

KK and King would be the obvious options - with Bomber as an outside bet.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

You mean like how Poole used Tungate as a guest at Belle Vue two days before he was due to ride the place with his own club

Jon Cook has stated that they are considering 2 current EL riders. Surely you can't use the same guest home and away due to the 8-day rule - or does that not now apply in the play-offs?

KK and King would be the obvious options - with Bomber as an outside bet.

8 day rule doesn't apply to a home no 1

Got to be kk if he fits for both legs and if Lakeside really want to make an effort of doing the best they possibly can.

KK would for Poole as he bleeds blue. He just rarely turns up for his other British clubs.

Pressure definetly on the Aces but Lakeside could throw a spanner in the table toppers hopes.

Aces I reckon will do better than either of their previous visits. 49-41

KK would for Poole as he bleeds blue. He just rarely turns up for his other British clubs.

Pressure definetly on the Aces but Lakeside could throw a spanner in the table toppers hopes.

Aces I reckon will do better than either of their previous visits. 49-41

Wasn't it 48 - 45 on their last visit?