British Speedway Forum

But at least you have the choice, FB!!!!

ps I thought speedway was supposed to get your blood pumping!!

Yes i think it does get your blood pumping but in a slightly different way!

• Like 1

There are plenty in the 40-50+ age group that have dodgy joints or other health issues that require them to be able to sit down.

I'm not aware of too many other sports/entertainment venues where you cannot get a seat if that is your choice!! Even speedway riders get the chance to sit down between heats!!

I even sit down in a lap-dancing venue!! :D:shock::wink:

I know that after 3 knee operations & a new hip in the last 3 years but always prefer to stand up.

It used to be funny watching all the fans going into Poole with their seat cushions though on my holidays on the South Coast😀

Don't forget the luxurious back straight stand mate??!

Where you can even see local insects, clear your nostrils & learn to wee holding your breath at no extra cost😀😀

• Like 1

Again its about having that choice. Any 'reasonable' stadium should at least be able to give punters the choice of whether to sit or stand - especially when paying £17 or £18 minimum for the privilege!. The fact that some don't is all part of the many reasons why some supporters have drifted away.

• Like 2

Swindon have one stand & who would want to watch speedway sat down anyway unless you are 70 plus in years.

Some of us are sadly 70 +and need to sit down as a meeting takes nearly 3 hours nowadays

As far as I'm aware, the fence isn't being moved, in fact we only re-staked the kickboards 2 weeks ago!!

The levels levelled, and kerbs on 1 & 2 being altered.. It will need re-measuring for length, but that's all will need clerically altering.

OK fair play, and good news :)

A week is a long time in speedway! Just as it is in politics and business. Anything can and might well change before the first meeting of the year takes place anywhere. Fingers crossed that Swindon make it to the tape and complete the season because if not there will be no Sky meetings.

A week is a long time in speedway! Just as it is in politics and business. Anything can and might well change before the first meeting of the year takes place anywhere. Fingers crossed that Swindon make it to the tape and complete the season because if not there will be no Sky meetings.

Why won't Swindon make it to the tapes?

They are riding at Blunsdon.

• Like 2

Waytogo where did you get that misinformation from? Swindon are spending yet another season at the old Stadium and at this rate more after....

• Like 2

Whether there will be any Sky meetings will have little to do with Swindon - or any other club!!!!! :cry:

• Like 2

The plight of clubs and the - will they -wont they be part of the situation, certainly does affect whether Sky broadcasts any 2017 season matches, because if one more track dropped out Sky do not have to keep to the contract. This requires , we are told, there to be 8 teams racing the Premiership. We have not had any schedule of televised match from Sky for next season and that was the reason for my post.

The plight of clubs and the - will they -wont they be part of the situation, certainly does affect whether Sky broadcasts any 2017 season matches, because if one more track dropped out Sky do not have to keep to the contract. This requires , we are told, there to be 8 teams racing the Premiership. We have not had any schedule of televised match from Sky for next season and that was the reason for my post.

I expect Sky needed confirmation of all confirmed teams before they could arrange any scheduling of televised matches..

I expect Sky needed confirmation of all confirmed teams before they could arrange any scheduling of televised matches..

That makes sense. Sky would probably have wanted an early look at Coventry in their temporary home at Leicester as that would have been a good talking point.

Now that will not happen, and with the Aces sorted, some sensible decisions on live TV can be made by Sky.

No doubt we shall get the schedule in the next two or three weeks.

Now that will not happen, and with the Aces sorted, some sensible decisions on live TV can be made by Sky.

No doubt we shall get the schedule in the next two or three weeks.

Or maybe not. :wink:

• Like 1

Rumours the day following Coventry's news that Sky have now dropped out of the deal.