British Speedway Forum
4thbender

Sheffield 2017

I for one hope it is Josh Bates. The lads got guts and passion Each year he's progressed and got better and wouldn't want him riding against us🙃

• Like 6

I for one hope it is Josh Bates. The lads got guts and passion Each year he's progressed and got better and wouldn't want him riding against us

Do you support Coventry or Sheffield? :lol::lol:

Kyle Howarth confirmed on Tigers Twitter as Tigers 3rd signing for 2017. Great to have him back !!!

• Like 7

I for one hope it is Josh Bates. The lads got guts and passion Each year he's progressed and got better and wouldn't want him riding against us

He might have got some guts and passion, plus you can't fault him for his effort, but how has he progressed and got better this year? He is still making big mistakes on his 'home' track (Sheffield) and has dropped .24 off his starting average this year.

Think we've had this exchange of views in the past!

• Like 1

So Josh finishes 2015 riding mostly at reserve and ups his average. Starts 2016 riding at 2, 4 and 3 and his average only drops by 0.24.

Yes we have had a difference of opinion before as I think you don't see the bigger picture.

Do you support Coventry or Sheffield? :lol::lol:

The clues in the thread Title and the word "us" 🙊😮

• Like 2

So Josh finishes 2015 riding mostly at reserve and ups his average. Starts 2016 riding at 2, 4 and 3 and his average only drops by 0.24.

Yes we have had a difference of opinion before as I think you don't see the bigger picture.

The clues in the thread Title and the word "us"

Was a joke, because he has progressed for Coventry, but not for Sheffield

• Like 1

A bit incomparable to be honest as for Coventry he was a protected EDR in a different race format. He did progress though I will give you that.

• Like 1

Was impressed with Bates last season, & he looked a lot quicker than 2015. Just needs to calm down when behind, as he doesn't always ride the right lines, but that will come with experience. Would like him at Peterborough next season.

• Like 1

Very pleased to see Kyle back, there was a point when I wondered whether or not that Workington might try and lure him back.

On the subject of Josh Bates, he did have an in different season last season for Sheffield, but he started to show what he can do towards the end of the season and I think that the starting average in my opinion attractive proposition for the team and I would welcome him back with open arms.

I just think for his own benefit he could do with being away from the pressure he must have riding at Sheffield

He showed this with how he rode for Coventry and some good scores in his guest bookings, however I agree that on his average it wouldn't be a problem having him back.

Edited by The Third Man

Kyle Howarth confirmed on Tigers Twitter as Tigers 3rd signing for 2017. Great to have him back !!!

Three very good signings so far.

If Howarth continues the way he ended, he could yet become a genuine no 1.

Was impressed with Bates last season, & he looked a lot quicker than 2015. Just needs to calm down when behind, as he doesn't always ride the right lines, but that will come with experience. Would like him at Peterborough next season.

Bargain average too

I saw Bates twice at Glasgow,,,

Riding for Sheffield he looked completely out of his depth

Guesting for Somerset he rode out of his skin and gave Somerset the result they needed

That is the problem inconsistency

• Like 1