British Speedway Forum
4thbender

Sheffield 2017

Great news on Steady. If we get the last two signings right, i think we will be right up their challenging for the silverware. Steady should be on the ball with all the setup's etc, and with him being quite young he should be on the same wavelength as all the young guy's in the team. I hope they will look up to him and take his advice, especially the younger ones in the team. From what Steady says the team building should be finished this week. Then roll on to the start of the new season. UTT.

Great news, potentially, hope this works out, and with team as it is should be a good year.

As long as we get the track sorted out.

• Like 3

Again miles from the truth,,,, mum died 10 years ago thanks.

Keep on digging that hole.

Sorry Norman but it sounds about right! You're getting me worried now though about this hole I'm supposed to be digging.

I'll be keeping an eye out for you at Owlerton next year, still you shouldn't be too hard to spot in your dress, cardigan and wig, oh and that large knife!

interesting to see how a rider with good track expeience and only just stopped riding at a good level can turn to management

i wish steady all the best in his new roll and im not a sheffield suporter

Great news, potentially, hope this works out, and with team as it is should be a good year.

As long as we get the track sorted out.

I think that is just as important as the team if not more so. Last year it was awful and that's a crying shame because it can be very good indeed.

Sheffield and Belle Vue are the two tracks closest to my home and I know some top people at Owlerton. The fact that I went to NSS on twice as many occasions in 2016 is a direct result of the quality of the speedway

My advice for the promotion is let Graham Trollope get on with it without any interference from anyone. That's what happens at Scunthorpe and I am sure there will be many a Sheffield fan who would like to have the standard of racing that they have at EWR.

• Like 3

Nice to see Steady brought in as the new Team Manager, will be interesting to see how he fares but cannot be any worse than Booey as Third man says his dog could do better.

Sheffield cannot sign James Sarjeant as he has already signed for Coventry and we already have Josh Bates and Lasse Bjerre riding Coventry.

• Like 2

Nice to see Steady brought in as the new Team Manager, will be interesting to see how he fares but cannot be any worse than Booey as Third man says his dog could do better.

Sheffield cannot sign James Sarjeant as he has already signed for Coventry and we already have Josh Bates and Lasse Bjerre riding Coventry.

Ahhh I forgot that part about 2 double uppers/downers in the same team... Having seen the way Glasgow,Ipswich,Newcastle have gone i think the best team for us would be - Brady Kurtz & Nathan Greaves

Sorry Norman but it sounds about right! You're getting me worried now though about this hole I'm supposed to be digging.

I'll be keeping an eye out for you at Owlerton next year, still you shouldn't be too hard to spot in your dress, cardigan and wig, oh and that large knife!

Be careful in the shower.

How about Kevin Wolbert plus a 2 point rider. A little weak at the tail but if they improve we could be well up for it.

Ahhh I forgot that part about 2 double uppers/downers in the same team... Having seen the way Glasgow,Ipswich,Newcastle have gone i think the best team for us would be - Brady Kurtz & Nathan Greaves

Nathan won't be back. Apparently it's a strong reserve and the major rumours (from the same place I was told about Josh Grajczonek 5 weeks ago) is Rob Branford.

If Branford is the reserve of choice, it leaves us with 5.66 for the final rider, in which case Klindt would look about the best of the bunch that are left

• Like 1

If Branford is the reserve of choice, it leaves us with 5.66 for the final rider, in which case Klindt would look about the best of the bunch that are left

Klindt has already signed for Poole, Esbjerg in Denmark and Poland's Wanda Krakow. Surely a fourth weekly commitment would see him burnt out by June because of all the travel?

interesting to see how a rider with good track expeience and only just stopped riding at a good level can turn to management

i wish steady all the best in his new roll and im not a sheffield suporter

Joe Screen did the same with Sheffield, did ok IMO, had to be better than the retired police man that did it the year before. Think Simon will do ok, he knows Sheffield inside out so should be able to pass some of his experience on. (Knows all the other tracks too so lets see what he can do for the team, glad to see him still involved at Sheffield.)

Klindt has already signed for Poole, Esbjerg in Denmark and Poland's Wanda Krakow. Surely a fourth weekly commitment would see him burnt out by June because of all the travel?

Good point, well made