British Speedway Forum
4thbender

Sheffield 2017

This is an amazing team, if that team was injury free it would win it in my opinion

Hard got 2 pointers coming in winning a few NL races is a far cry from PL.

Grajczonic

Bates

Allen

Bjerre

Howarth

Branford

JPB

That's my guess pretty confident about most of them being in the side except maybe one.

Junior

Edited by junior fan
  • Like 1

Hmmm ... the averages I'm looking at .....

http://www.speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/el16_issue_final_3.pdf

...... show Brady on 6.44 which converts to a team building average of 9.02 I think

Brady Kurtz has got a 2016 Premier League average of 6.75 which is the one that will be used for 2017 team building as per the AGM statement

Edited by 1stBendTiger

Brady Kurtz has got a 2016 Premier League average of 6.75 which is the one that will be used for 2017 team building as per the AGM statement

7-65 i think you will find

lets not forget most championship sides will be chasing him if poole allow him to ride in that league this season, a good prospect on a favourable average for our league that nobody seems to be mentioning would be troy batchelor.

lets not forget most championship sides will be chasing him if poole allow him to ride in that league this season, a good prospect on a favourable average for our league that nobody seems to be mentioning would be troy batchelor.

Never thought of Troy but he could certainly do some damage in this league, would again be ecstatic if he came Sheffields way

I might be wrong but isn't both Brady and Todd part of the Drillerman team? Brady is a steal on that average. 2015 he was awesome around Owlerton.

I think; based on what Bates has said that Steady will be retiring. Sounds like team plans are well on the way to be finalised. Would love to see Steady fly round Owlerton for 1 more season; however I think it probably would be best for him to call it a day. since he came back has he finished a season Without being injured once?

On another point; I know Garrity has his issues but he is box office. I have spoke to many supporters and agree he provides the entertainment required to pull the crowds in. IMO big mistake to let him go. Saying that Sheffields recent problems have been putting together a good team but riders who are injury prone and Garrity will probably always be 1 of them riders.

Grajczonic

Bates

Allen

Bjerre

Howarth

Branford

JPB

That's my guess pretty confident about most of them being in the side except maybe one.

Junior

Would that one be Allen. Who are you alluding to? Oliver Allen has retired or am I in a time warp!

You can talk about Jason Garrity and Brady Kurtz, but the best value rider for the Championship is Jack Holder, especially around Owlerton. Remember him posting the best time around Sheffield for a couple of years until Steady went out determined to beat it in the following heat (0.1 off the track record!).

Holder is the man for Sheffield.

Would that one be Allen. Who are you alluding to? Oliver Allen has retired or am I in a time warp!

You can talk about Jason Garrity and Brady Kurtz, but the best value rider for the Championship is Jack Holder, especially around Owlerton. Remember him posting the best time around Sheffield for a couple of years until Steady went out determined to beat it in the following heat (0.1 off the track record!).

Holder is the man for Sheffield.

Jake Allen

Jake Allen

Oops! and I put him in the team a few days ago, I put it down to the aluminium pans my mother used for cooking when I was a kid! Sorry Junior fan.

Grajczonic

Bates

Allen

Bjerre

Howarth

Branford

JPB

Junior

so we can take it Rob will be there if you're posting him in the team ;)
  • Like 1

I think it fair to say it is highly unlikely that Brady Kurtz will ride in the Championship this year, he only rode for Plymouth for a few months and left at the first available opportunity.

He did say at the end of the 2015 season that he was not interested in the then Premier League.

Chris Harr is is likely to want massive money and could prove very expensive.

Grajczonek is the one that interests me and thinking of the team budget and the average he is on he would prove to be a solid number 1 for the club.

Like most fans at Sheffield I am sorry that Jason Garrity has not been asked back, he connected well with the fans and had started to mastered the track and was capable of beating anyone around Sheffield, but injuries and some of his away form was not great at times, and the one thing that has held the club back over the last two seasons has been injuries to our top rider.

As for Steady if anyone had listen to his interview at the last match of the season would have known that it sound very much like a farewell speech.

Either way will be interesting to see how the Promotion go about building the team for next season.

I think it fair to say it is highly unlikely that Brady Kurtz will ride in the Championship this year, he only rode for Plymouth for a few months and left at the first available opportunity.

He did say at the end of the 2015 season that he was not interested in the then Premier League.

Chris Harr is is likely to want massive money and could prove very expensive.

Grajczonek is the one that interests me and thinking of the team budget and the average he is on he would prove to be a solid number 1 for the club.

Like most fans at Sheffield I am sorry that Jason Garrity has not been asked back, he connected well with the fans and had started to mastered the track and was capable of beating anyone around Sheffield, but injuries and some of his away form was not great at times, and the one thing that has held the club back over the last two seasons has been injuries to our top rider.

As for Steady if anyone had listen to his interview at the last match of the season would have known that it sound very much like a farewell speech.

Either way will be interesting to see how the Promotion go about building the team for next season.

I think you are dead right here.

Kurtz didn't want to be at Plymouth and with the possible exception of the NL fours did them very little good at all.

I think Harris will be wanting big terms and hope he gets a wake up call. He's not as good as he thinks he is.

I can only assume that Garrity not returning is something to do with off track escapades. At times last season, he was brilliant.