British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mike7164

Newcastle Diamonds Vs Scunthorpe Scorpions Pl 25 September 6.30pm

Well here we are nearing the end of a very successful season our final home regular league season, one thing I don't understand is why we didn't get this fitted in time before the cut off so we could of as it stands be joint second place but hey ho!

Any team changes for either side please post & I will update thanks!

Newcastle ‘Sapphire Engineering’ Diamonds:

1. Steve Worrall 8.98

2. Victor Palovaara 5.49

3. Matej Kus 6.22

4. Ludvig Lindgren ©7.37

5. Robert Lambert 8.30

6. Ashley Morris 4.37

7. Danny Phillips 3.00

Scunthorpe Scorpions

1. Josh Auty
2. Michael Palm Toft
3. Lewis Kerr
4. Josh Bates G
5. Ryan Douglas RR
6. Fritz Wallner
7. Chris Widman G

On a side note do we have a home fixture the week after on the 2nd October?

Edited by mike7164

But what's his real average?

4.92 with bonus, 4.00 without bonus.

But he had a slow start. Take off the opening 3 meetings and it becomes 5.69 with bonus, 4.62 without bonus.

All the best

Rob

Fritz The Blitz has a new average of 5.00 on Sunday. He's at reserve.

All the best

Rob

well if you know the riding order and the averages post them and I'll amend it cheers!

well if you know the riding order and the averages post them and I'll amend it cheers!

I think what Rob has posted is that Fritz is not now assessed as he has completed 4H & 4A meetings. Plymouth was his 4th away meeting meaning he had ridden 39 times collecting 39 points giving him a new average of 4.00. As we know, NEW riders cannot drop below 5.00, hence his new average.

Due to J Auty's illness last week & the enforced move of Fritz to reserve & Carl to the main body, they may well be waiting for Josh. I wouldn't put Kerr at 3 & MPT at 4 at the moment as it would reduce our scoring power, which is not normally very good at Newcastle.

• Like 1

I think what Rob has posted is that Fritz is not now assessed as he has completed 4H & 4A meetings. Plymouth was his 4th away meeting meaning he had ridden 39 times collecting 39 points giving him a new average of 4.00. As we know, NEW riders cannot drop below 5.00, hence his new average.

Due to J Auty's illness last week & the enforced move of Fritz to reserve & Carl to the main body, they may well be waiting for Josh. I wouldn't put Kerr at 3 & MPT at 4 at the moment as it would reduce our scoring power, which is not normally very good at Newcastle.

Changed the reserves ok?

Any more Team news?

Josh Auty is back.

Rider replacement for Ryan - back problem after his Heat 15 crash at Sheffield and further fall at Plymouth.

Josh Bates in for Wilko.

Chris Widman for little Josh.

Frtitz moves down to reserve.

All the best

Rob

There has been light rain this morning which has now stopped. Sun out, no more rain and a very pleasant day ahead. The amount of rain and the duration of it, will mean the track will be wet in the base and I am expected a cracking track for tonight meeting.

Should be an easy win for the Diamonds and hope it is a safe meeting for all riders.

In the second half, the Gems ride their last home meeting in the NJL, which is against Workington Meteors. Should be a good tussle, after our draw away against League winners Halifax Dukes yesterday.

See you there, 6.30 start.

Josh Auty is back.

Rider replacement for Ryan - back problem after his Heat 15 crash at Sheffield and further fall at Plymouth.

Josh Bates in for Wilko.

Chris Widman for little Josh.

Frtitz moves down to reserve.

All the best

Rob

Damn :( Was looking forward to seeing Wilko, oh well, hope all the riders recover well :t: Looking forward to seeing this Fritz dude

There has been light rain this morning which has now stopped. Sun out, no more rain and a very pleasant day ahead. The amount of rain and the duration of it, will mean the track will be wet in the base and I am expected a cracking track for tonight meeting.

Should be an easy win for the Diamonds and hope it is a safe meeting for all riders.

In the second half, the Gems ride their last home meeting in the NJL, which is against Workington Meteors. Should be a good tussle, after our draw away against League winners Halifax Dukes yesterday.

See you there, 6.30 start.

Also good luck to the Gems and well done on their draw yesterday :)

• Like 1

Anybody noticing there track grading every time scorpions have a rider 2 races on the trot

Anybody noticing there track grading every time scorpions have a rider 2 races on the trot

Decent gesture that, gives them plenty time to catch their breath and get ready for the next race.