British Speedway Forum
Poole Quay 7

Wolverhampton V Poole: El Play-off Semi-final 2nd Leg

Did tungate say last week he was guesting for Poole tonight, as mentioned in earlier post by mdmc82?

• Like 1

Would Bjarne have crashed on purpose risking serious injury?

No of course he wouldn't, which is why I think those trying to look for a conspiracy here are way off.

Because of events in the past, I was always of the impression that Ford would do whatever was necessary to win the league. Belle Vue have reigned supreme all season and are rightly placed at the top of the league., so it was expected that Poole would do any underhanded practice and pull whatever stunts in an attack to their supremacy.

The fact that Andersen got injured fitted the bill well, because Ford, would have made changes whatever. Lindback was always going to be considered option, just wished the BSPA were more on the ball. But don't think the deception would stop there.(remember last year replacing North with Kennet with a Doc certificate) only highlight the length he will go to achieve his target....

Matt Ford will never be remembered as a top Manager/Promoter he could have been. The leagues titles he has won means nothing. He will be remembered as the person who brought the sport to its knees with his underhanded corruption, lies and rule breaking.

At a time when the sport was in dire need for some inspiration, all that Ford offered was a disease that destroyed our sport to the core.

Well done that man........

• Like 8

Did tungate say last week he was guesting for Poole tonight, as mentioned in earlier post by mdmc82?

No that was just rumour put on here by a Swindon fan

Not convinced that the Tungate for Pedersen move was pre-arranged as surely no rider would crash on purpose, bit I am equally convinced that now Hans Anderson has made his return to racing Poole should be made to go with R/R tonight and till such a time when Anderson can ride for them again, long term injured I think not.

But its no good supporters of the other EL clubs posting their complaints on here, would it be better if the took those complaints to their own promotions, for example surely Adams and Van Straten will question the situation the find their team up against tonight.

I wouldn't hold your breath.

Does anyone know...

Did Bjarne have a 'settled night'?

I know I struggled for sleep, pacing up and down the hallway outside my bedroom with worry .

Let's all hope the scan shows no lasting damage and (as soon as the play offs are over obviously, that goes without saying) he can resume his career..

Best wishes too to Rohan. Who thankfully has been able to take the guest booking at such short notice.

I see he has been 'rather good' around the NSS this year too?

Not sure if anyone from Poole has noticed his performances there this year but they could do a lot worse than keep him as a guest round there if they and the Aces reach the final. It would be like having another heat leader around the place..

A bit radical maybe, but something Poole may want to consider..?

• Like 2

wouldn't have thought so for a minute, but how bad his injury actually is will be open to fiddling

Even Poole fans must admit this is out of order. A rider gets injured yesterday who was predicted to get injured last week and the guest predicted, just happens to be the guest, do we really think that's just a coincidence? The play offs are a farce.

Not a rumore now is it, just like the rumore last Tuesday Harris was guesting for lakeside. 2 out of 2 it seems.

• Like 1

Tungate was booked last week to cover incase we had a rider

Missing. His services were not required.

Matt Ford will never be remembered as a top Manager/Promoter he could have been. The leagues titles he has won means nothing. He will be remembered as the person who brought the sport to its knees with his underhanded corruption, lies and rule breaking.

At a time when the sport was in dire need for some inspiration, all that Ford offered was a disease that destroyed our sport to the core.

Well done that man........

It's no coincidence that interest in the so called ''Elite League'' must now be at an all time low since its inception.

Rain rom 11-3 in Wolverhampton, hope they have Tungate pencilled in for the re-arranged date if called off :lol:

I can't believe he would have done, but it does seem that he would still have picked up a slight strain or something similar during the meeting. I used to give Ford the benefit of the doubt, and admire the way he always manipulated the rulebook in his favour. But like the rest of the Nation, I be hoping Tai and Co all fly tonight, this is just one dodgy injury too many.

• Like 3

Wasn't actually a rumour that he had accepted a guest booking it was indeed a true statement but one assumed it was meant for the 1st leg!

Rain rom 11-3 in Wolverhampton, hope they have Tungate pencilled in for the re-arranged date if called off :lol:

Don't worry he was probably booked for that as well over a week ago....