British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Hans Back Riding In Poland Today☺

I don't think they mean the same thing at all! If a rider got injured at the beginning of the season and was out for 4 months, that would be a long term injury not a season ending injury though.

Of course 4 months is a long term injury, this rule doesn't apply to early season though only for the playoffs.

This is totally wrong and should not be allowed to be gotten away with although this is a difficult one because the injured rider's so called long term injury has proven short.

Now if I was the BSPA chairman, I personally think this would be wrong to let slide and I would consider these options.

1) Pooles No 5 for the rest of the season should be R/R

2) Pooles No 5 for the rest of the season should be no rider and rides can only be taken by the minimum of 3 reserve replacements.

3) All points scored by Antonio Lindback should be deducted from the first meeting and Poole should have to ride R/R for the remainder of the season.

4) Antonio's points deducted and a no rider scenario at No 5 covered by the minimal 3 rides at reserve.

What would everybody choose because I think these would be four fair options. I would sway to No 2 or 3 as it is not entirely Poole's fault as they cannot stop the rider riding in Poland.

I have doubts re grounds for a retrospective punishment given the facility was already agreed too based on the situation at the time the replacement was made.

Poole would surely claim grounds over whether or not Andersen should be riding given advice and info at that time.

The thing with such changes is they probably are “within rules” but they are morally questionable and just create total apathy among a lot of people.

Edited by The Mockingjay
  • Like 1

Judging by the number of posts.threads on this forum alone - I doubt 'total apathy' fits the bill at all!! :-)

While I appreciate partly in jest…even a rough guestimate adding up total contributions over the numerous threads only comes to about 2,000 ish….about 800 of which will likely involve Starman bickering with people, so in reality there isn’t actually that many people care.

Edited by The Mockingjay
  • Like 1

This is totally wrong and should not be allowed to be gotten away with although this is a difficult one because the injured rider's so called long term injury has proven short.

Now if I was the BSPA chairman, I personally think this would be wrong to let slide and I would consider these options.

1) Pooles No 5 for the rest of the season should be R/R

2) Pooles No 5 for the rest of the season should be no rider and rides can only be taken by the minimum of 3 reserve replacements.

3) All points scored by Antonio Lindback should be deducted from the first meeting and Poole should have to ride R/R for the remainder of the season.

4) Antonio's points deducted and a no rider scenario at No 5 covered by the minimal 3 rides at reserve.

What would everybody choose because I think these would be four fair options. I would sway to No 2 or 3 as it is not entirely Poole's fault as they cannot stop the rider riding in Poland.

Points deducted from first leg. Hans either rides 2nd leg or if unfit they can use a guest/ rr ( whichever rulebook alliws). If Hans declares himself fit but poole choose not to use him, then no facility (I.e. sub 6 pt pl rider)
  • Like 1

Judging by the number of posts.threads on this forum alone - I doubt 'total apathy' fits the bill at all!! :-)

Really?

Posters on here are in the minority, there are far more who have simply walked away and continue to do so every time this kind of thing happens.

Surely if Poole were just looking to strengthen they would have brought Lindback in for Andersen earlier, like Wolves did with Woffinden.

They could have done that. No issue other than the iffy average.

People are making fuss about nothing. This is better than using a guest.

Making a fuss about nothing? Seriously?

It's staggering how often speedway fans get up in arms about something that is legitimate, then when rules are broken they claim it's nothing.

Lindback wouldn't have been interested in joining any earlier or they would have signed him.

Would have thought Hans would have taken a nice winter on his accident insurance, with such a serious injury and x rays to substantiate his claim, but he probably doesn't need the money, but again, he's never struck me as the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Making a fuss about nothing? Seriously?

It's staggering how often speedway fans get up in arms about something that is legitimate, then when rules are broken they claim it's nothing.

Lindback wouldn't have been interested in joining any earlier or they would have signed him.

Yeah. Seriously. And I don't consider myself someone who gets "up in arms" about things that are legitimate either. In fact I seem to have a higher "legitimacy" tolerance than a lot of people on here.

Poole had the play-offs coming up and Hans got injured. For me, being able to bring in a new rider is a MUCH better option that using a guest. Even if Andersen isn't out for the season, he was legitimately injured and Poole acted quickly to plug the gap.

Surely this is more credible than people wondering who is going to be able to use Chris Harris at Wolverhampton. That's a real nonsense.

I do have issues with Lindback's average though. I think the "GP riders assessed at 8" was perfectly reasonable and made sense. But bringing in a rider for the play-offs I have no problem with. And, let's be honest, that' what Wolves did too with Woffinden to all intents and purposes.

There are, of course, major issues with riders' averages that makes the whole average thing a farce at the moment anyway.

• Like 1

Yeah. Seriously. And I don't consider myself someone who gets "up in arms" about things that are legitimate either. In fact I seem to have a higher "legitimacy" tolerance than a lot of people on here.

Poole had the play-offs coming up and Hans got injured. For me, being able to bring in a new rider is a MUCH better option that using a guest. Even if Andersen isn't out for the season, he was legitimately injured and Poole acted quickly to plug the gap.

Surely this is more credible than people wondering who is going to be able to use Chris Harris at Wolverhampton. That's a real nonsense.

What you believe to be credible or not credible is completely and utterly irrelevant.

What is credible is the sport following it's rules.

A signing was ONLY allowed for a LONG TERM injury. Andersen's injury, quite clearly, was NOT long term. There is no grey area here. It's blatant.

As such the signing of Lindback was an illegal one.

In any CREDIBLE sport an illegitimate signing would be ruled null and void any any meetings/matches they had competed in would be conceded. In speedway's case it's by removing a rider's points.

What you believe to be credible or not credible is completely and utterly irrelevant.

A signing was ONLY allowed for a LONG TERM injury. Andersen's injury, quite clearly, was NOT long term. There is no grey area here. It's blatant.

In any CREDIBLE sport an illegitimate signing would be ruled null and void any any meetings/matches they had competed in would be conceded. In speedway's case it's by removing a rider's points.

why is Lindback illegal, he was a legitimate replacement for a injured rider on a average agreed by the governing body. No rule was broken.

Edited by foreverblue

why is Lindback illegal, he was a legitimate replacement for a injured rider on a average agreed by the governing body. No rule was broken.

No. The rule has been broken.

A rider can only be brought in into the playoffs only if the injured rider is ruled as a 'long term' injury.

Lindback should not be riding if in the injury to Hans is short term and Hans was available to ride.

The first leg should have been Andersen R/R.

That's what I believed the rule was.

Basically if it wasn't Poole no questions would be asked then

That's the easy way out & I think the question would be asked regardless of what club was involved.

Ok can you please show me in the rule book exactly what rules have been broken? I do 't know of a single rule Poole have broken here. If one has, where is it in the rule book please?

Hans Andersen was out for a month before attempting a comeback, which he has readily admitted was a failure. And he posted the hand has not yet healed and he couldn't use the hand properly. So he is still out injured.

All this utter nonesense about Poole having points deducted and Andersen should ride is quite pathetic, especially as Hans fas said he is not fit to ride.

As Grachan said, the more sensible call was to go with a replacement rather than guests. No doubt Harris would have been lining up tomorrow for Poole if Matt Ford hadn't brought in Lindback. Poole would certainly have been stronger.

Clearly no rules whatsoever have been broken by Poole. If they had they would have been picked up on it. Instead a few fans have gone Saloms Lot and made fools of themselves y claiming Poole cheated somehow. But without saying what rules they have cheated at.

• Like 2