British Speedway Forum
kingbee

What Would You Like From The Agm

IMO the important thing is to make sure the 4 riders in each heat are of similar standard, racing on more consistent track surfaces. This makes for good, close and exciting racing. The racing has to be good as the foundation from which you can build and promote. To achieve that I think it's vital for the current league tier structure to stay in place. I personally feel there should be more top flight fixtures not less. This will more than likely result in many of the GP riders departing our domestic league scene. Initially, more PL riders will be needed to fill EL team spots and more NL riders should be offered PL spots. Weakening the top end strength of each of the three leagues now is needed in order for our domestic scene to survive. It may tempt another 1 or 2 current PL clubs to try the top tier.

• Like 1

The AGM is an annual get together by a bunch of people who run the sport. The sport would be dead on it's kness if it was not for the fand turning up and paying thier money. So I should think that when they hold the AGM, That from the clubs that make up the EL, they should be made to allow 10 people who go to watch the sport and pay to keep them in business to go to the meeting, sit and listen to them waffle on and on for 2 days and chage very little at the end of it. to be able when all the pointless nonsense is over and done with, to have thier say, to let them know just where they are going wrong. Not that they would listen, but at least they would make it plain that they actually realise that without the fans then the whole show, would grind to a halt in a matter of a few meetings/

Fairness on all sides! Not much hope of that after the play-offs & one side's stack of assets to cloud the promoter's judgement.

Which could be cut back tremendously if the Polish thought of Polish and one other league only comes into being.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow

The AGM is an annual get together by a bunch of people who run the sport. The sport would be dead on it's kness if it was not for the fand turning up and paying thier money. So I should think that when they hold the AGM, That from the clubs that make up the EL, they should be made to allow 10 people who go to watch the sport and pay to keep them in business to go to the meeting, sit and listen to them waffle on and on for 2 days and chage very little at the end of it. to be able when all the pointless nonsense is over and done with, to have thier say, to let them know just where they are going wrong. Not that they would listen, but at least they would make it plain that they actually realise that without the fans then the whole show, would grind to a halt in a matter of a few meetings/

​I think that it must be realised that even with the fans contribution without a number of members of the BSPA putting their hands in their pockets every week many (if not most) tracks would still close.

• Like 4

Poland have the riders by the short and curlies .... I hope when things aren't so good over there that the other leagues remember this rule! Selfish indeed!

Poland have the riders by the short and curlies .... I hope when things aren't so good over there that the other leagues remember this rule! Selfish indeed!

And if they want to ride over here they cannot get a work visa.

Edited by A ORLOV

Here is my radical idea for 2017, and it presumes we remain with an Elite League of 8 and a PL of 13.

All teams are built to PL standards, or a slightly higher number if the PL teams are comfortable with it. Each Elite League team nominates one "designated" rider in addition. For example, Wolves may nominate Tai Woffinden etc.

All teams in both divisions ride all other teams in both leagues, home and away. This gives 20 home and 20 away meetings.

For each meeting between two EL teams, the teams may replace any rider from their team with their designated rider. So again using Wolves as an example, versus Poole they would replace Clegg with Woffinden.

This system would allow the spectators to get their weekly speedway fix, and allow the riders who want to keep busy 40 league meetings a year. It would also allow the "superstars" to ride a 14 meeting season which would allow more of them to commit to the UK.

I don't know how practical it is, but I think it is an interesting concept. I also think that this format would bring a workable promotion and relegation system closer.

Edited by AlanF

...and would you charge more for the EL v EL fixtures?

...and would you charge more for the EL v EL fixtures?

I would think the price point would be higher for those meetings.

Squad system to be re-introduced, like as in Poland and Sweden, gives a chance to see the younger riders to race against the top riders,

Return of the Young England internationals, Series to include return matches in other countries, like we back in the Seventies, gives the chance of the likes of Robert Lambert and Craig Cook and the Worrall twins to impress abroad in Poland and Sweden.

Give Woffy the chance to take the younger riders abroad with him to see how the Poles and Swedes and Danes do their training with the under 21's.

That would be starting point for transparency for BSPA to let the fans know where and when the AGM is actually taking place.

However they are probably worried the fans will stage a demonstration..... Now there's an idea!

When the BSPA held a fans forum earlier this year, a mere 50'or so turned up. That just about shows how much the moaners are really interested when it comes down to leaving their keyboards. You really believe a mass demo woukd happen ?

A lot of speedways problems are very little to do with the AGM itself, they are more to do with failure to properly implement whatever rules are made, and back door rule changes half way through the season, of which the signing of Lindback on a 7 is a prime example.

• Like 1

Squad system to be re-introduced, like as in Poland and Sweden, gives a chance to see the younger riders to race against the top riders,

Return of the Young England internationals, Series to include return matches in other countries, like we back in the Seventies, gives the chance of the likes of Robert Lambert and Craig Cook and the Worrall twins to impress abroad in Poland and Sweden.

Give Woffy the chance to take the younger riders abroad with him to see how the Poles and Swedes and Danes do their training with the under 21's.

Woofy help British youngsters, you're having a laugh as he isn't interested in that.

Promoters to think "hang on a minute, we've got some great English talent coming through. Let's channel some of the sponsorship we throw at average foreigners towards our boys instead"

Or is that too radical an idea ?

• Like 1