British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Kyle Newman. Take A Bow.

They can use their EDR averages for draft order picks. Makes way more sense.

Have a feeling that it will only be one EDR next year tho if we go to 6 man teams.

There is no 6 man team option next season. The idea failed and has been scrapped hence test meetings cancelled.

Most EL promoters are looking to remove the EDR system as it's run it's purpose in their eye's but are looking to accommodate British riders into every team in the 2017 system.

In terms of the EDR's averages for 2017, the fairest option is to use their EL 2016 averages minus 20%

• Like 2

As suggested on the Poole forum, Kyle (and Adam) should be Poole's riders in the ELRC on 8th October - assuming its still on?!

The bspa confirmed today it's still at Coventry on the 8th.

Newman doesn't get the credit because of two reasons, 1 he is still an EDR rider and hasnt left that comfort zone. 2, his PL average is poor compared to some other EDR and the likes of Garrity. Get him in the top 5 for a season and if he performs then he will get the praise a bit like Garrity did this year.

Edited by woz01

There is no 6 man team option next season. The idea failed and has been scrapped hence test meetings cancelled.

Most EL promoters are looking to remove the EDR system as it's run it's purpose in their eye's but are looking to accommodate British riders into every team in the 2017 system.

In terms of the EDR's averages for 2017, the fairest option is to use their EL 2016 averages minus 20%

Where is the link to confirm it's been scrapped. I have read nothing but positive reports so far from the promoters.

Congrats to Kyle for his excellent performances in both legs of the semi-final. He's had a tough year and he was superb in the two biggest matches of the season for us. Great to see a local lad getting it done on track for the Pirates. Not sure if he'll be back next year unless we do get to use his PL average. I'm tempted to say he deserves a place in the starting lineup regardless based on his commitment on track last night.

And finally, it was great to see him produce those performances when several forum trolls were knocking him and suggesting Poole should replace him, or fiddle an injury to get him out the side.

Where is the link to confirm it's been scrapped. I have read nothing but positive reports so far from the promoters.

Link?

No link required, Buster said it wasn't happening at the last EL meeting at King's Lynn during an interview

Link?

No link required, Buster said it wasn't happening at the last EL meeting at King's Lynn during an interview

Must have missed that bit.Heard him say about ripping the rule book up,and only wanting riders that are fully comitted to British racing.

Link?

Time will tell then.

if kyle remains reserve next year it will be fords biggest ever fiddle in the history of ford fiddles...

No fiddling just working with the rules.

• Like 1

I'm sure there's a way to find Kyles true EL average, all this talk of converting his PL one is rubbish.

Link?

Buster may have said the EDR is being scrapped but that's not quite the way Jon Cook phrased it.

Buster is known to shoot from the hip but we haven't had the AGM yet. My understanding is they cant afford to scrap it. Its possible we might find that its dressed up in different clothes (I don't know about that) but underneath it will still likely be some form of costs saving syastem

if kyle remains reserve next year it will be fords biggest ever fiddle in the history of ford fiddles...

matt may also sign 5 riders with a higher average than kyle so he will be reserve at the start of the season no fiddles all by the rule book

You can't make up an average on the basis of rides against other draft riders.

His PL average is reflective of his ability over a whole season against similar quality riders.

I suspect Poole may help Newman with his bikes for EL fixtures as that's the only reason I can think of which explains his poor PL form when in comparison to his EL performances and obvious ability.

matt may also sign 5 riders with a higher average than kyle so he will be reserve at the start of the season no fiddles all by the rule book

It's what average Kyle & the rest of the reserves are given that is the problem & needs to be consistent going forward.

How do the likes of Steve Worrall, Richie, Gartity & others average so much higher than Kyle in the Premier League??.

• Like 1