British Speedway Forum

Some people believe Poole are wrong to let Holder go , including some Poole fans

I don’t consider that a validation of your thought process or opinion in all honesty, harsh and arsey as that sounds - more so when the general concern is a lack of a big hitting number 1 if the side doesn’t have Holder given that in Kasparzak (if that is the route they go down) they will have that, a strong, big scoring Number 1….only Lindgren or Doyle (at best) can make claim to be genuine “stronger Number 1’s", a claim that could just as easily have been made had Holder been in the side - so the general worry re Holder doesn’t rack up.

Other concerns then revolve around Holder being there to help his brother, well if Holder (senior) had been there his brother either likely wouldn’t have been, or would have had a hell of a lot more pressure on him than he will in the sides floated with Kasparzak.

Chris over KK is the best part of 3.00 swing in team building, the 1.5 Holder will loose and the additional 1.5 on his average that couldn’t be used elsewhere in the team. I don’t think it is possible to build a side with Holder in it that would be stronger than a side with KK in it, if that is the route they go down….and given Matt Ford is going down that route it probably validates it given he has won, loads and loads and loads and generally tends to build really, really good teams - I say that as some one who is totally vanilla re Ford, but can clearly see he knows how to build a good side as evidence supports that claim.

Holder in the side is a heart over head wish, there is very little actual logic to it.

Edited by Tyrion
  • Like 1

Does he? i was unsure who ran Poole speedway thanks for telling me.

Its called opinions pal. And because you dont have any opinions apart from the fact that everything that Ford does is always right then thats why you get the stick you do.

Some people believe Poole are wrong to let Holder go , including some Poole fans

he is a total embarrassment to poole speedway and Matt ford let's him carry on like this I never know
  • Like 1

Maybe with KK out of the GPs - hes considered a better signing due to less fixture clashes!

• Like 1

Let's hope Shane's doesn't have too good a year at poole or he could find himself struggling for a team place next season ( Ellis)

Speedway rider in not re-signed for the following season shocker. It happens all the time.

Can confirm one thing. Cyfer won't ride for Poole or anyone in the league at the moment. Was speaking to his agent on Twitter and he confirmed that he doesn't have a place.

Hope that is true.

If Poole are to sign a young Pole I think there are better options available. I think Cyfer has been around long enough riding for S.Gorzow and has not really progressed. The fact he has been dropped by them as he is now out of the Junior ranks and has had to drop into Nice PL indicates to me he will never be anything special or even as good as say K.Woryna.

On subject of James Shanes I just spent some time this morning looking at some of his rides on 2 different Youtube Videos in Grass Track Championships. Have to say his gating in that sport seemed ok and he looked very stylish and even beat the World Longtrack Champion in one race. Also beat Chris Harris in 2 rides.

Wouldn't surprise me if Matt Ford and Middlo have looked at that footage also, as plenty of it, and thought this boy may have some scope to improve.

Appreciate Speedway is different and gating is important. However think he may spring a few surprises and not totally cold having ridden and improved av in N/L plus rode as a guest for Somerset in last 3/4 matches of last season scoring points in all of them even if not that many (learning curve remember).

If a 2 pointer was Matt's aim then I think he got a good young rider with potential to improve.

Can confirm one thing. Cyfer won't ride for Poole or anyone in the league at the moment. Was speaking to his agent on Twitter and he confirmed that he doesn't have a place.

Any team would be bonkers to sign Cyfer. Just because Poole don't want him you don't have to add the same post to every teams thread. Are you his Pimp or something?

Edited by Col
  • Like 2

Hard to find a better 2 pointer out there and I wouldn't be suprised if there are a few in the league this year as promotions struggle with the ridiculous points limit.

It's all looking very good again and we are certainly going to be there or thereabouts again baring injury.

• Like 1

Hard to find a better 2 pointer out there and I wouldn't be suprised if there are a few in the league this year as promotions struggle with the ridiculous points limit.

It's all looking very good again and we are certainly going to be there or thereabouts again baring injury.

Injuries will be key this year due to the stupid 'no change after July' rule.

That's crazy. Teams could find their crowds halved if they lose riders and can't replace them.

If Swindon lose Doyle they are stuffed.

• Like 1

Anybody who signs for Poole has got to be the best according to you.Shane has been about a long while now started at Coventry if my memory is correct I think you will be making changes before the end of July
  • Like 1

Shane has been about a long while now started at Coventry if my memory is correct I think you will be making changes before the end of July

A long time?? About 3 years ??

• Like 1

I dont consider that a validation of your thought process or opinion in all honesty, harsh and arsey as that sounds - more so when the general concern is a lack of a big hitting number 1 if the side doesnt have Holder given that in Kasparzak (if that is the route they go down) they will have that, a strong, big scoring Number 1.only Lindgren or Doyle (at best) can make claim to be genuine stronger Number 1s", a claim that could just as easily have been made had Holder been in the side - so the general worry re Holder doesnt rack up.

Other concerns then revolve around Holder being there to help his brother, well if Holder (senior) had been there his brother either likely wouldnt have been, or would have had a hell of a lot more pressure on him than he will in the sides floated with Kasparzak.

Chris over KK is the best part of 3.00 swing in team building, the 1.5 Holder will loose and the additional 1.5 on his average that couldnt be used elsewhere in the team. I dont think it is possible to build a side with Holder in it that would be stronger than a side with KK in it, if that is the route they go down.and given Matt Ford is going down that route it probably validates it given he has won, loads and loads and loads and generally tends to build really, really good teams - I say that as some one who is totally vanilla re Ford, but can clearly see he knows how to build a good side as evidence supports that claim.

Holder in the side is a heart over head wish, there is very little actual logic to it.

Agree with most of this. But think your maths is out re holder/kk. It's surely a 1.5 point swing, unless u think kk will average 1.5 more than chris.

Holder - starts 12.5 ends 11

Kk - starts 11 ends 11.

Not sure there is anyway you can make that a 3 point difference.

Unless u believe the 1.5 saved by not using holder generates an additional 1.5 beyond the alternative e.g.

Rider a (with kk) starts 7.5 finishes 7.5

Rider b (with holder) starts 6 finishes 4.5.

Though even then I'd argue that you can't really associate that swing to holder as there are other options that could have saved that 1.5 points.

Anybody who signs for Poole has got to be the best according to you.Shane has been about a long while now started at Coventry if my memory is correct I think you will be making changes before the end of July

Thankfully its only a couple of Poole fans with this attitude, the rest (although probably disliking me) are a decent bunch.

Shanes is a half decent 2 pointer.

Are there better 2 pointers out there? Yes of course there are.

He will however try his heart out every race and will be a crowd pleaser in that respect.

If he ever learns to gate he will be a good rider but that is a handicap that he will struggle to overcome.

Saw him at Ipswich and he was bike lengths behind riders such as Connor Coles going into the first bend, yes he rode his heart out and did pass him once and then another time Coles fell off and another time both did.

I wish the lad well but fear his gating will let him down big time especially at places like Wolves and Rye House.

• Like 2