British Speedway Forum

Not sure if announcing a team sponsor is particularly exciting for fans. Good for Matts coffers but there the excitement ends. More exciting to hear that Poole stadium is going to be redeveloed into a stadium similar to Toruns.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 2

That's it for me - never going to buy another Volvo :wink: :wink:

• Like 2

Welcome to Volvo as main sponsors of Poole, great new addition to the 'sponsor family' at Poole.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole

Not sure if announcing a team sponsor is particularly exciting for fans. Good for Matts coffers but there the excitement ends. More exciting to hear that Poole stadium is going to be redeveloed into a stadium similar to Toruns.

so torun plan to build lots of flats as well steve ??

Welcome to Volvo as main sponsors of Poole, great new addition to the 'sponsor family' at Poole.

A proper name.

So we are now know as Volvo Cars Poole Pirates. Better than Poole Volvo Cars Pirates!

Matt Ford said last week he had received 4 offers for team sponsorship but didn't want to undersell his brand so held out. Guess Volvo have come up with the asking price.

Rain has finally stopped but it has been very heavy and prolonged. Not sure if there will be enough time for it to dry out before 3 pm and practice.

Sounds like a very prestigious brand. Well done Matt Ford.

New Sponsor is done but does anyone know anything about the new website.

I would like us to see us have a speedway portal site as well.

Any thoughts??

If it is a Volvo dealership as opposed to Volvo Cars UK I will be amazed if it is a lucrative sponsorship deal. Dealers have very thin margins these days and I can't see them putting a lot of money into a speedway team.

• Like 1

If it is a Volvo dealership as opposed to Volvo Cars UK I will be amazed if it is a lucrative sponsorship deal. Dealers have very thin margins these days and I can't see them putting a lot of money into a speedway team.

It's the dealership. But this is Poole we have a Aston Martin Dealership. It will be paying somewhere near 80,000 I imagine to sponsor the team.

Edited by poolebolton

More than that. I heard Matt won't do less than 100,000 a year on the main team sponsor.

More than that. I heard Matt won't do less than 100,000 a year on the main team sponsor.

Does quite clearly state a 5 figure sum, so clearly not as much as £100,000.

Matt Ford said last week he had received 4 offers for team sponsorship but didn't want to undersell his brand so held out. Guess Volvo have come up with the asking price.

Rain has finally stopped but it has been very heavy and prolonged. Not sure if there will be enough time for it to dry out before 3 pm and practice.

And I'm guessing by the fact it was made last minute doesn't exactly sound like people were chomping at the bit!

A five figure sum could be anywhere between £10,000 and £99,999 so it doesn't really give much away. With previous sponsorship deals being six figure sums and the league currently struggling, its anybodies guess as to how much it really was.

Still, a sponsor of any form is better than no sponsor at all.

Does anybody know if there will be any riders on track this afternoon? Not sure if the earlier rain has done too much damage

In that case I can't wait to see him splash the cash on some British assets for once

sorry to say Matt don't buy British q