British Speedway Forum

If Lewis can get back to where he was before his crash then Poole will be stronger particularly away

How many meetings is Kaspazak actually planning on missing for Poole this season? Seems a few are named already.

Kerr scored well for Coventry against Peterborough. I think he just needs time to rebuild his confidence

• Like 2

So I'm not paranoid then?

For those that didn't see the unedited post, foreverblue joked that I was paranoid. Being deliberately nasty about a medical condition that he made up, what a sicko, no wonder he follows brum around on this forum.

Quite sick to make up medical issues to be nasty about while not acknowledging sympathy for someone less fortunate, like brum with his amnesia and insomnia. God forbid brum might have paranoia and alopecia.

I only said that because you said Stevebrum might be, Paranoid was a great song! Perhaps you used to sing it on the karaoke!! I don't know alopecia who is that by?

Edited by foreverblue

From Bournemouth Echo.

PIRATES chief Matt Ford has challenged Lewis Kerr to give him a selection headache after completing the signing of the British flier on an initial month-long deal.

Ford was forced to act by the absence of Kyle Newman, who sustained potentially long-term shoulder injuries in Friday's abandoned Darcy Ward Invitational.

With the SGB Premiership season just 10 days away, the Poole promoter was delighted to secure the services of Norfolk-born Kerr, who has ridden for Lakeside and King's Lynn in the top flight.

Ford told the Daily Echo: "Lewis's contract is a minimum of 28 days but I have made it clear to him that we will review the situation with Kyle and the team-building situation.

"At times, riders may step up to the plate and make it very awkward for you to leave them out and that's for Lewis to prove.

"He is a confident lad and I would urge everyone to get behind him. He's quick from the gate and is tough to beat.

"This move has not come with the circumstances I wanted and it was doubly upsetting being this early in the season. But you have to deal with what's thrown at you."

The 27-year-old Kerr has linked up with the Wimborne Road club on a 5.98 average and is due to make his debut in the Knockout Cup first-leg clash with visitors Belle Vue a week today.

The flashpoint of his career came in the Premier League Fours at Peterborough in 2015 when he sustained severe head injuries in a horrifying crash.

Having been airlifted to hospital, Kerr was placed in an induced coma for five days.

Two years on, Ford revealed he felt Kerr had the potential to produce the best form of his career in Pirates leathers.

Ford added: "A couple of years ago, Lewis was on the verge of becoming a top rider but suffered multiple injuries.

"It has been steady progress back. He did fairly well for Lakeside last year but the truth is I have always felt he has got more in him.

"He contacted me on at least a dozen occasions out of season and sometimes a rider makes himself so available to you and is so desperate to ride for you, that you do feel that should anything occur, they would be a very adequate replacement."

So I'm not paranoid then?

For those that didn't see the unedited post, foreverblue joked that I was paranoid. Being deliberately nasty about a medical condition that he made up, what a sicko, no wonder he follows brum around on this forum.

Quite sick to make up medical issues to be nasty about while not acknowledging sympathy for someone less fortunate, like brum with his amnesia and insomnia. God forbid brum might have paranoia and alopecia!

You would probably still make fun of any other conditions anyway.

We know you like to mock people who have a recognised medical condition anyway.

Is Lewis Kerr still sponsored by the Revolution / Jawa speedway team?

Welcome Lewis Kerr. Lets hope his most recent crash in his 2nd ride at Peterborough last week - where he failed to score - sees a quick recovery from his hand/wrist injury!!

This is true,work places do expect you to produce a product but they also expect you to do things safely and to stay safe.If we think something isn't safe to work on we will raise the issue and don't have to work on it until it is safe.Obviously the riders felt it wasn't safe to ride on the track and the bosses didn't put it right.

I would hate a customer to come into our place and say"that machine is safe to run"and we then have to run it and someone gets mangled.

They are racing 500cc motorcycles without brakes. It's dangerous at the best of times. They should be capable of riding within themselves if they dont have the confidence in their ability. What came first, the track to which the riders raced on or racers who produced a track to suit their racing? They get given a track, they should work with it.

Welcome Lewis Kerr, i think he will do well and could improve his average but one question is why did he say his recent crash when he fell off was not his fault surely if you fall off on your own without contact it has to be your fault.

Welcome Lewis Kerr, i think he will do well and could improve his average but one question is why did he say his recent crash when he fell off was not his fault surely if you fall off on your own without contact it has to be your fault.

Maybe it was the bikes fault! ;)
  • Like 3

Is Lewis Kerr still sponsored by the Revolution / Jawa speedway team?

No. He moved back on to GM's using Lyagers bikes before getting his own sorted.

It looked like he lost a chain, locked his rear wheel and it threw him off.

It certainly wasn't anyone else's fault no one was near him.

Maybe it was the bikes fault! ;)

Well it won't be long before he can blame the Poole track.

• Like 1