British Speedway Forum

What a stupid response! Youre citing ONE persons view, not the whole club.

And why do people keep putting Batchelor in for Poole? Can't be doing with him!

looks the best about on that average after a poor season last time around and he only came in may i think he will be a rider well sought after i think troy will be on matts radar for sure

Bachelor is in a similar bracket to Watt, Schlein, Bjerre etc. Has lost some mojo and might be able to get it back, if any of them can do so they are on bargain averages but it's a risk with them all.

Reckon Matt should apply for Poole to join the Polish extraleague

The vibes you are giving out is that GB speedway needs change so long as it doesn't affect Poole!

If the EL and PL were to move closer then the changes are correct and the 'top' riders can be employed but at a considerable cost to overall team building.

Fairs fair for all and if it doesn't suit then yes by all means move on.

Edited by GWC
  • Like 1

I wish that people who are suggesting line-ups would use the correct averages (the final version from 3/10/16 is on BSPA website) otherwise the converted figures are all to cock!!

• Like 1

The vibes you are giving out is that GB speedway needs change so long as it doesn't affect Poole!

If the EL and PL were to move closer then the changes are correct and the 'top' riders can be employed but at a considerable cost to overall team building.

Fairs fair for all and if it doesn't suit then yes by all means move on.

To be fair to Poole fans it is just the usual ones who are moaning as they realise that using their own assets will be hard this year based on the average conversion for them.

Most Poole fans on here have seen the bigger picture and have accepted the changes and are trying to work out the best 1-7 that Poole can come up with, something all fans of all clubs are doing on here.

But as you say it does smack of the fact that because it doesnt suit Poole then they think everything is wrong.

But please dont tar all Poole fans with that because quite clearly its only 1 or 2

• Like 1

I think it was one of the better agms you've gotta forget about big names and big contracts clubs just can't afford it,doesn't bother me in the slightest that the majority of gp riders won't ride here you see as good racing or if not better without them.

Bringing the leagues closer is the way forward just hope the admission prices follow suit as it's a weaker product.

• Like 3

I wish that people who are suggesting line-ups would use the correct averages (the final version from 3/10/16 is on BSPA website) otherwise the converted figures are all to cock!!

Glad you said that because I thought I was reading it all wrong with the figures people are posting

• Like 1

I think it was one of the better agms you've gotta forget about big names and big contracts clubs just can't afford it,doesn't bother me in the slightest that the majority of gp riders won't ride here you see as good racing or if not better without them.

Bringing the leagues closer is the way forward just hope the admission prices follow suit as it's a weaker product.

Not a chance in hell of cheaper admission. You might see a price freeze for a season but nothing more.

I think the points limit is far too low, by at least ten points.

Not a chance in hell of cheaper admission. You might see a price freeze for a season but nothing more.

I think the points limit is far too low, by at least ten points.

The points limit is very low. Painfully so. It's pretty much Premier league across the board and it will cost the clubs in terms of crowd numbers.

I'm not sure how many times I'll make the effort to go to Swindon to watch a Jason Doyle solo display (providing he still decides it's worth riding here now).

It's catch 22 though, unfortunately. With Lakeside dropping out more teams were needed in the top flight and this was probably the only way to tempt them.

For me the one team who will really flourish as a result of this is Somerset, who can look attractive next year to their supporters.

Another thing one can't help but wonder is if Sky will continue to cover speedway. Presumably their contract was to show Elite League, and there no longer is an Elite League.

I can't find the final version! The latest versions are 29/9 El...27/9 Pl and 26/9 NL. And are these averages rolling or static?

Edited by Sniffy

The points limit is very low. Painfully so. It's pretty much Premier league across the board and it will cost the clubs in terms of crowd numbers.

I'm not sure how many times I'll make the effort to go to Swindon to watch a Jason Doyle solo display (providing he still decides it's worth riding here now).

It's catch 22 though, unfortunately. With Lakeside dropping out more teams were needed in the top flight and this was probably the only way to tempt them.

For me the one team who will really flourish as a result of this is Somerset, who can look attractive next year to their supporters.

Another thing one can't help but wonder is if Sky will continue to cover speedway. Presumably their contract was to show Elite League, and there no longer is an Elite League.

Whats in a name? Its still top flight UK no matter what it is called. Pretty sure Sky would have been contacted about the name change and regardless of strength they want more teams in the league, not the bare minimum. Two new teams will please Sky I am sure.

And considering they get the whole speedway season for probably the equivelent of showing Bury V Bolton, they can't moan. If they want the top stars they should pay for the privilege.

everbody is just having fun none of us know what the final outcome will be :t:

Points limit is fine, as many have said.

Funny how the clubs with the big hitters are complaining but whats the difference having Holder on 12 and Newman on 6 or having Holder on 9 and Newman on 3?

Its the same differential across the board.

Why should the points limit be 60? So the clubs with the biggest asset base can then have 4 riders of 12 average?

This limit brings things closer together. The big names will never ride over here apart from the odd 1 or 2. Those days are gone we need to get used to it