British Speedway Forum

Wonder if he will get fixed up in the uk.

I doubt he'l even ride over here now. Why should he, he will be quite happy with his lot abroad and the GP'S..

I doubt he'l even ride over here now. Why should he, he will be quite happy with his lot abroad and the GP'S..

Why shouldn't it as he has been a great servant to British speedway & even lives here?,

Is their any truth in the 12 point cap rumour?

Mike Bowden from Swindon has said no as Jason will be 13.41.

Is their any truth in the 12 point cap rumour?

It was confirmed by the BSPA release that riders would start with averages over 12

I dont think the averages of Holder or Doyle will stop a strong team being put out.

Look at it this way:

Team One: 12, 9, 9, 6, 6, 5, 3

Team Two: 9, 9, 8, 7, 6, 6, 5

The heat leaders from team 1 should walk all over team 2 heatleaders

Team 2 has 1 point better off in the second strings

Team 2 is slightly stronger in reserve

The way it is structured i can only see Doyle and possibly Holder over here of the GP boys. The 2 of them should clean up and be good for 14 or 15 most meetings.

Thats powerful scoring and will massively help the rest of the team

Matt Ford always builds good sides, why Poole fans are doubting things is beyond me.

Get Holder and 2 good 9 pointers and they alone will get over 30 points a meeting, get in improvers at the bottom and Poole will be favourites

Seems to me Holder doesnt want to ride here and rather than saying that will use the rules as a cop out. Everyone knows he doesnt get on with Ford and dislikes the track.

• Like 1

I made a comment yesterday regarding why not look at Jack Parkinson-Blackburn. As it was my first ever BSF post it had to be approved before entry on the site. Means it was posted a 2/3 pages back so many may have missed it. There were no comments to is so I assume that's the reason. Anyone with thoughts on JPB as he may arguably be the best young rider we have having only turned 16 in Sept, has been turning in mega scores incl 19 at Eastbourne in last meeting of the season.

Would probably get him on a 2 point av and I would argue maybe better long terms option that E.Perks as he seems to have outscored him later part of the season. Seems a hell of a talent.

For me Parkinson along with Bewley, Hume, Smith all l have long term futures in the sport.
  • Like 1

All British teams must include 2 British riders.

I would now get on the phone to Chris Harris.

Ex Bees top 2

Hans @ 1 and Chris @ 5

Harris 9.21 Brady 9.22

One past his peak, the other on his way up.

Only one choice for me, but I accept I'm in the minority, and I also think Brady will be on his way to Somerset.

Oh and Ellis Perks for the second Brit with Kyle, assuming we can't fit Adam in.

Edited by Pirate Baz

Harris 9.21 Brady 9.22

One past his peak, the other on his way up.

Only one choice for me, but I accept I'm in the minority, and I also think Brady will be on his way to Somerset.

Oh and Ellis Perks for the second Brit with Kyle, assuming we can't fit Adam in.

Don't think so. I believe Brady is at Poole 2017.

The bigger problem is for Holder. He has to ride here otherwise he wont have a work permit to be allowed in the country.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Somerset could put together a decent side, Kurtz, Master's and graczjonek,Newman all used to ride there. If Brady doesn't come back I expect to see him as a Rebel.

Might have the wrong Kurtz there Steve. ;)

Somerset could put together a decent side, Kurtz, Master's and graczjonek,Newman all used to ride there. If Brady doesn't come back I expect to see him as a Rebel.

Do Somerset own Masters?

The bigger problem is for Holder. He has to ride here otherwise he wont have a work permit to be allowed in the country.

I agree it is going to be a big problem trying to fit Chris Holder in and maybe would weaken the team overall.

Not 100% sure but thought we made him an asset for that season we had him...

Although being an asset doesn't mean a great deal, a rider will go where he wants. But it certainly helps to have good connections

I agree it is going to be a big problem trying to fit Chris Holder in and maybe would weaken the team overall.

Maybe? It will. You would have to be very clever on who to pick in the other team places. But Matt has done it before, so it is possible although I would prefer more strength in depth.

Chris Holder 12.01

Michael Palm-Toft 5.84

Hans Andersen 10.01

Jack Holder 6.92

Kyle Newman 6.61

Ellis Perks 3.00

Mark Baseby (Isle of Wight) 2.00

Or without Chris Holder

Hans Andersen 10.01

Kyle Newman 6.61

Antonio Lindback 9.8

Jack Holder 6.92

Adam Ellis 7.78

Michael Palm Toft 5.84

Ellis Perks 3.00

Palm Toft went well at Poole - Baseby did well on the Island and riders from there have often graduated to Poole sadly Brady is too expensive at 9.22

I thought Jack Holder's Ave was over 7?