British Speedway Forum

Can't see how Ellis won't be a heat leader, team would be too weak at the bottom end

The only reason to get Doyle is to re-declare when his average drops.

But the 50 point limit is being lowered after the first set of averages.

On what assessed average are you proposing the appalling Cyfer will be on?

Notice a lot of posters are putting E.Perks at number 7 on 3 point av.

In my opinion I would rather have potentially the hottest young property in British Speedway i.e Jack P.Blackburn on a 2 point average.

This lad is only just turned 16 I think in September and look at his scores in the second half of the season in NL (his first real full season) compared to E/Perks. Also when riding against Perks who was on his 3rd season ??

You would gain 1 point to help top half and Matt Ford would be investing in arguably our best future UK talent.

It would be a sound investment to try and purchase him as an asset, use him as number 7 with a more experienced reserve to help bring him on. Have him learn shed loads in the pits with more experienced and also young talented riders such as H.Anderson,J.Holder and B.Kurtz, plus also have him double up with a club in the new PL or even another season in NL.

Invest in the youth in this Country I say. The same with Jack Smith who I rate similar but out of choice I would go with JPS.

Any rumours coming in who we could possibly sign. Hans has signed we all know and Kyle and Brady must be round the corner. The other three could be interesting. I would like Starke back and then invest in another big heat leader to twin with Hans. Starke would also give us another small track expert.

Glad to see Ellis snapped up. Daft for Poole not to include him.

A lot of Poole fans were saying that he could miss out on the top league this season because of his average, well i guess that theory has been proved to be tosh. Most in demand young brit snapped up straightaway as expected.

Top rider in the world in Doyle and the best young brit in Ellis, Swindon looking very strong already , still Poole do have a rider at number one in Hans on his way down

I love that now Ellis is at Swindon, he is the best young brit but last season you said Bates was better. Funny how your opinion changes if they are not at Poole!
  • Like 2

Reading between the lines of what Pirates Of Poole says and he generally has his ear to the ground on these matters it would appear we are signing a new up and coming rider and he will be a higher average than Hans.

My Team

Hans

Jack

Kyle

Brady

E.Perks

T.Kurtz

New 7.50 rider converted to 10.5

Edited by foreverblue

Reading between the lines of what Pirates Of Poole says and he generally has his ear to the ground on these matters it would appear we are signing a new up and coming rider and he will be a higher average than Hans.

My Team

Hans

Jack

Kyle

Brady

E.Perks

T.Kurtz

New 7.50 rider converted to 10.5

Would be a decent team. Would rather have Cyfer than T.Kurtz. I agree Pirates of Poole is our main man for information.

Would who this mystery rider is??

Is Matt simply holding the news of Brady, Hans and Kyle or I wonder if maybe Brady might not be in. I guess he wants to space it out so that we get news spread out a bit more.

I'm amazed no one else has announced any riders yet apart from us and Swindon.

With around four months til the season starts what's the rush?

How about this for a theory - Max Fricke

Considering the situation at BV which hardly clarified other than rescue attempts to try and insure PL racing in 2017, what would be in your mind if you were Max.

If someone like Matt Ford approached and said trying to build a super side for the future based on young Aussies such as J.Holder - B.Kurtz plus him. The chance to have possibly a guaranteed future with the top rated team in UK (I am talking re fan base and security here). The virtual guarantee of getting paid, good sponsorship, and riding with the best future Aussie talent. Ok also throw in Jack P Blackburn as my idea of the hottest young UK talent andf it appeals even more.

We could go from the turbo twins to the turbo trio.

The thought of these 3 tearing up Poole and other tracks is mouth watering. For sure also would bring in the punters IMO wit the exciting racing.

The good thing about this forum is the option to post sensible opinion.

Maybe not such a crazy idea when you think about it

• Like 1

How about this for a theory - Max Fricke

Considering the situation at BV which hardly clarified other than rescue attempts to try and insure PL racing in 2017, what would be in your mind if you were Max.

If someone like Matt Ford approached and said trying to build a super side for the future based on young Aussies such as J.Holder - B.Kurtz plus him. The chance to have possibly a guaranteed future with the top rated team in UK (I am talking re fan base and security here). The virtual guarantee of getting paid, good sponsorship, and riding with the best future Aussie talent. Ok also throw in Jack P Blackburn as my idea of the hottest young UK talent andf it appeals even more.

We could go from the turbo twins to the turbo trio.

The thought of these 3 tearing up Poole and other tracks is mouth watering. For sure also would bring in the punters IMO wit the exciting racing.

The good thing about this forum is the option to post sensible opinion.

Maybe not such a crazy idea when you think about it

Agreed and with Belle Vue situation Matt can probs pay them in Fish from Poole Harbour.

I love that now Ellis is at Swindon, he is the best young brit but last season you said Bates was better. Funny how your opinion changes if they are not at Poole!

He does it for reaction Lisa. Last year he spent the first half of the season slagging off Newman and Ellis, then had to backtrack faster than Lilly Savages wig flying off in a hurricane. He went on and on about Bates better than Adam, that Newman was just a reserve that never improves, then when he realised Ellis was in another league compared to Bates had to change his tune very quickly when it was obvious from the start Adam had far more potential.

Now suddenly when Poole couldn't fit him in the team, he is the best young Brit out there! Lol! We have been saying that for months!

And now he believes Hans is our number one! He's going to be pi55ed when he sees the lineup. Lol!

Still, he will continue to troll the Poole threads. Just glad I don't read them unless they get quoted.

• Like 2

Again failing miserably to actually quote what i posted!

Up to the World Cup Bates had performed better than Ellis internationally, was British Under 21 champion and did well in the first round of the World Under 21. I satnd by my choice that he should have been reserve.

Check back over my posts and i said Ellis outperformed Bates after that point.

Glad to see Ellis snapped up. Daft for Poole not to include him.

A lot of Poole fans were saying that he could miss out on the top league this season because of his average, well i guess that theory has been proved to be tosh. Most in demand young brit snapped up straightaway as expected.

Top rider in the world in Doyle and the best young brit in Ellis, Swindon looking very strong already , still Poole do have a rider at number one in Hans on his way down

So your first point is saying how daft the Poole promotion are for not signing a rider. Over the years that promotion has picked up multiple trophies by getting riders in on bargain averages such as foreigners on 4 points and riders like Ellis on a 3. Do you really think they are daft. Do you have any honesty and unbiased opinions?

Didn't Ellis admit himself he hadn't had many calls. Back to my point about the Eastbourne Birmingham last match so how can he be the most in demand Brit when Blackburn is on a 2 average. I genuinely think your trying to suck back up to Ellis's father after your original comments.

Not sure if you know this but the top rider in the world is Greg Hancock and best young Brit in my opinion is Robert Lambert having rode for the WTC team although Josh Bates won it on his home track.

It has also already been stated Hans might not be number 1. Do you read these topics?

So your first point is saying how daft the Poole promotion are for not signing a rider. Over the years that promotion has picked up multiple trophies by getting riders in on bargain averages such as foreigners on 4 points and riders like Ellis on a 3. Do you really think they are daft. Do you have any honesty and unbiased opinions?

Didn't Ellis admit himself he hadn't had many calls. Back to my point about the Eastbourne Birmingham last match so how can he be the most in demand Brit when Blackburn is on a 2 average. I genuinely think your trying to suck back up to Ellis's father after your original comments.

Not sure if you know this but the top rider in the world is Greg Hancock and best young Brit in my opinion is Robert Lambert having rode for the WTC team although Josh Bates won it on his home track.

It has also already been stated Hans might not be number 1. Do you read these topics?

Yep i dont think he does read Joe. Count those Trophies we've won. Im very pleased that Adam has got a place as i was one who thought he deserved another shot. But Matt is not stupid, he does things for a reason, and as ive said, he will not take last season lying down, we were let down by a couple of riders. It won't happen again.. ;)

Edited by Starman2006

Notice a lot of posters are putting E.Perks at number 7 on 3 point av.

In my opinion I would rather have potentially the hottest young property in British Speedway i.e Jack P.Blackburn on a 2 point average.

This lad is only just turned 16 I think in September and look at his scores in the second half of the season in NL (his first real full season) compared to E/Perks. Also when riding against Perks who was on his 3rd season ??

You would gain 1 point to help top half and Matt Ford would be investing in arguably our best future UK talent.

It would be a sound investment to try and purchase him as an asset, use him as number 7 with a more experienced reserve to help bring him on. Have him learn shed loads in the pits with more experienced and also young talented riders such as H.Anderson,J.Holder and B.Kurtz, plus also have him double up with a club in the new PL or even another season in NL.

Invest in the youth in this Country I say. The same with Jack Smith who I rate similar but out of choice I would go with JPS.

Blackburn,Smith,Hume are along with Bewley the most promising young riders out there Blackburn or Perks JPB all day long.

I think Joe you are well over the top on your comments does Gavan care what Adam's father thinks.?He said he rates Ellis i do to but at that time i felt Bates deserved the knod over Adam just as Gavan did only a opinion no more.Myself being a Swindon fan i am chuffed with the Adam signing our gain hope he has a great season.

But the 50 point limit is being lowered after the first set of averages.

It may well do,but has this been confirmed anywhere?Or is it just another rumour started on the BSF.