British Speedway Forum
Col

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Grand Final 2nd Leg, 5/10/16...

Hope its half as good as my last PO final - mildenhall v Scunthorpe, 2011. Amazingly, 3 who rode that afternoon are racing tonight.

The aces will win tonight by 14 and be crowned champs.

Your calculator needs batteries.

• Like 3

Anything for us vegetarians?

:rolleyes:

Cheese and Onion pasty :party: and cup of tea/coffee/ soft drink :drink: Same meal deal 1 offer.. My other half is veggie and she always has deal 4, Cup of tea and bar of chocolate £2.80; total saving £0.00. How very British speedway when it comes to manipulating the figures . BTW the brown sauce is basic but has an excellent bouquet /taste. Well worth livening up the main course with a mega splash. Plastic cutlery puts the Rye House "accident waiting to happen" stuff to shame. Far more heavy duty and maleable. Makes great Christmas presents too. What's not to like?

• Like 1

Cheese and Onion pasty :party: and cup of tea/coffee/ soft drink :drink: Same meal deal 1 offer.. My other half is veggie and she always has deal 4, Cup of tea and bar of chocolate £2.80; total saving £0.00. How very British speedway when it comes to manipulating the figures . BTW the brown sauce is basic but has an excellent bouquet /taste. Well worth livening up the main course with a mega splash. Plastic cutlery puts the Rye House "accident waiting to happen" stuff to shame. Far more heavy duty and maleable. Makes great Christmas presents too. What's not to like?

Mr Ore, you are clearly the font of knowledge when it comes to speedway catering matters.

I hear your spirited recommendation of the brown sauce but do you have an opinion on the tomato ketchup?

Having considered your advice, I think I will adopt my usual policy of shoving my butties down my trousers and give the gastronomic delights offered at the venue a miss on this occasion.

Be careful out there, it's a dangerous world.

:t:

Anything for us vegetarians?

:rolleyes:

Grass :shock:

• Like 3

Belle vue are more than capable of doing what Wolves did in the 1st leg and take a big lead early. Not sure if Belle Vue will overhaul the deficit but I think it'll be closer than some expect.

I hope your right, the early heats are crucial for Belle Vue if they are to make any kind of come back.

Hope I'm wrong, but its a forgone conclusion....imo

Zagar and Nicholls the weak links tonight....imo

As opposed to Tai and Freddie being pretty damn hot round that place!

Howarth will give Jacobs a run for his money, so dont bank on the '2' 5-1's that everyones predicting ?

Just hope the track has plenty of grip, just like it did for the WTC FINAL and NOT like it didnt, for the WTC play off!!!

P.s I also get fed up of Tai blaming moisture in the air ??? just like he did last weekend in Torun ???

You don't know anything about tracks as the race off was far too much grip and the final was slicker producing more lines and better racing.

• Like 2

Grass :shock:

Thanks for that helpful suggestion.

Will you be having much grass at the new state of the art Swindon Stadium?

Or will it just be the tumble weeds blowing across the set of a Spaghetti Western?

Have a good one.

:t:

• Like 2

Well its arrived. The BIG night. All the best to all fans and riders have a great night and enjoy the occasion. As a Poole fan I have to admit I've missed not being in the final this year but hey, you cannot win all the time. I do hope the Aces pull it back and get the Title they so thoroughly deserve after a good season.

Hopefully this is not over by heat 3 - If ever there was a night for Zagar and Nicholls to produce the goods this is it. Pretty certain the Worrals and Cook will perform and Joe will do OK.

Ah dear..

Let me explain this simply for you.

It's not as simple as saying "Oh they finished top therefore they should be champions"..

If there were no playoffs things can turn out very differently. As the season reaches its climax the pressure increases and some teams wouldn't do so well..

You also keep forgetting, Belle Vue finished top because they won at Wolves the night Kylmakorpi scored 0 0 0.. A normal score for him that night, Wolves win and they're top so the difference between the teams over the season is negligible.

If you're suggesting that Belle Vue have choked under the pressure, as they did last year in the 1st leg, then you're defeating your own argument that they would have won the league if playoffs weren't around.

A) I am not suggesting they chocked at all, where or how did I even suggest that.

B) I posted that Belle Vue deserved the 'League Champion' tag before the play offs.

C) Belle Vue won over 28 matched by 5 points. Their league result at Wolves is irrelevant, over 28 matches Wolves lost by 5 points.

D) Your post and most of your posts are so patronising.

Edited by TheReturn

Good crowd in tonight but they need big crowds in the regular season not just the playoffs. At least there should be an atmosphere early on.