British Speedway Forum
Col

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Grand Final 2nd Leg, 5/10/16...

While I don't mind the riders having a little bit of a tantrum with each other after a race (with the helmets on usually )something have to be done regarding mechanics acting like thugs and minders.They should be banned if inciting trouble as a couple of them did last night.The riders and stewards can sort out any niggles themselves.It could lead to provoking the fans and that is not what is needed in a family sport like speedway.Generally both sets of fans mingle on the terraces without anything more than good natured banter and that's how it should stay.Great meeting great atmosphere and what a track that is.

Just a mention for Peter Karlsson he was instrumental in winning this title for the Wolves. Hes been a great professional and a tremendous rider throughout his career, totally loyal and someone certain other riders could well learn a lot from, total respect to the bloke.

Agree100%
  • Like 1

Guest GiveusaB

Nothing 'unfortunate' about it? It was a typical 'dont care for other riders safety move' by Lingdren and Cook had every right to be annoyed?

Why dont referees intervene and exclude someone for unfair riding? that would soon make them think twice???

Having said that, I've seen Cooky make some moves of similar nature this season!?

One thing you can say about Lingdren, is that, he does dish it out, but he doesnt complain when its done back to him!?

Notably his battles with Holder in the WTC!

Congratulations to PK for an incredible service to speedway!

Nicholls will have to move tracks next year? he's a nice guy, but just doesnt have the bottle to ride the NSS !!!

Great meeting and tremendous, committed racing by both teams. BV fell short on the night but it was always going to be a tall order after Monday.

I said after the first race that although Lindgren won, PK looked to be very fast and so it proved. He was probably the one who raised his game a little more than the others over two legs. A great servant to the Wolves and to speedway in general.

Tai sometimes doesn't think things through when he's doing interviews and says the first thing that comes into his mind. If he had laughed off the jeers he was getting, he would have come across much better rather than calling the fans 'idiots'. He's still a great rider but I don't think that he will ever be truly popular in this country unlike previous champions Collins and Loram.

As far as the Aces were concerned, the two riders who underperformed on Monday, Fricke and Jacobs were excellent and it ended up a 'what might have been' conversation on the way home. Nicholls appears not to be quick enough these days on big circuits sadly and I think it might mean he will move on in the winter, but the future is bright for the Aces with a lot of young, up and coming talent.

However, the real winner last night was the amazing track which is now starting to 'feel' like the Hyde Road track. After all the (deserved) stick the management got at the start of the season, maybe they should be getting some praise as well. Their time will come, I'm sure of it.

• Like 2

BuzzCagney, on 06 Oct 2016 - 07:46 AM, said:

The real winners this year are Belle Vue (ignore the last 2 meetings against a side with a circus sideshow track).

Great stadium, what an achievement and a brilliant season too.

Well done Aces.

Describe the words winners this year, if rumours are true then that surely isn't the case?

good meeting.... BV reserves did their bit! Shame about the main body and Snotty... :o

Woffy! "There are a lot of haters here - That's okay cos I'm going to smoke them!" :rofl::D

Nothing 'unfortunate' about it? It was a typical 'dont care for other riders safety move' by Lingdren and Cook had every right to be annoyed?

Why dont referees intervene and exclude someone for unfair riding? that would soon make them think twice???

Having said that, I've seen Cooky make some moves of similar nature this season!?

One thing you can say about Lingdren, is that, he does dish it out, but he doesnt complain when its done back to him!?

Notably his battles with Holder in the WTC!

Congratulations to PK for an incredible service to speedway!

Nicholls will have to move tracks next year? he's a nice guy, but just doesnt have the bottle to ride the NSS !!!

I mean't it was unfortunate he lifted at the wrong moment which was why he clipped Cook's wheel.

Just a mention for Peter Karlsson he was instrumental in winning this title for the Wolves. Hes been a great professional and a tremendous rider throughout his career, totally loyal and someone certain other riders could well learn a lot from, total respect to the bloke.

Totally agree and when i have had the pleasure of speaking to him a really nice person too.

While I don't mind the riders having a little bit of a tantrum with each other after a race (with the helmets on usually )something have to be done regarding mechanics acting like thugs and minders.They should be banned if inciting trouble as a couple of them did last night.The riders and stewards can sort out any niggles themselves.It could lead to provoking the fans and that is not what is needed in a family sport like speedway.Generally both sets of fans mingle on the terraces without anything more than good natured banter and that's how it should stay.Great meeting great atmosphere and what a track that is.

Agree100%

Agree with you, once Cook and Lindgren had had their words and were on their way back to the pits that should've been the end of it, mechanics should never get involved.

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB

I think Woffinden said of Lingdren last Saturday, after he was cut in 2, that's one rider he wouldnt be trusting again???

All of the comments about Tai are amusing when Cook had a massive tantrum because Lindgren passed him. Will never be a top rider if he has such an issue with that.

• Like 1

I didn't see much wrong with Lindgrens overtake of Cookie, hard yes, but have seen worse in the GPs. Looks to me like the handbags were started by the pit crews, nothing wrong in Cookie letting Lindgren know his point of view.

From what I have seen, this track is better than the old Hyde Road.

A good interview with Adams, talked sense without the bragging. Could be because of the meaningless league fixtures until the play-offs, that crowds are poor during the season.

The Elite league needs more teams in it, just stagnating the way it is.

• Like 2

Everyone has an opinion about last night here's mine.

Everything that happend last night good or bad contributed to the best night of speedway i have had since the golden days back at hyde road.

Being sat in the grandstand was awesome every person sat in there was drawn in by the atmosphere.I'm a smidge off being 60 now but i was up and down out of my seat jumping up and down waving my arms in the air and shouting my head off i have not done that in years at a speedway meeting.Even though my team got beat i had one hell of a good night out,Brilliant the whole thing.Great racing,atmosphere,crowd and rider interaction,on track controversy the works.I would just like to thank the riders the fans and everyone involved who gave me a great night at the speedway.All i can add to that is if our sport could create half the atmosphere we had last night through out the season they would be turning people away at the gate.

By the way i love cookie if every rider had the same passion and loyalty to their club we might have more chance of reproducing the type of meeting we had last night on a more regular basis as then they would all put there heart and sole into every meeting.

Oh and by the way through gritted teeth congratulations to wolves. :t:

• Like 9

The Elite league needs more teams in it, just stagnating the way it is.

I agree - hopefully the AGM might change things, but I somehow doubt it.

Can you imagine the Barclays Premier League with just eight teams in it? Variety is the spice of life!

A superb effort from Belle Vue; on a track that is a credit to British Speedway.

Congratulations Wolves upon lifting the title.

Well done to both teams for putting on a great display - proving that if the sport is promoted correctly; and delivered on a track conducive to exciting, fair racing AND with no 'guests' or R/R; then there may actually be a future for British Speedway.

Fantastic to see PK go out in style. You have been a loyal servant to British Speedway over decades. I don't think there can be a true Speedway fan anywhere that does not hold you in high esteem.

And thank you so very much for your efforts and contribution for Lakeside - whilst we had you on temp loan for a few seasons. You always gave it 100% for us; but it was great to see Monmore's Prodigal Son return to his true home.

To see PK finish last night on such a high was tremendous to watch - but even more importantly, it was oh so richly deserved given his loyal, fair and honest contribution to this sport.

Edited by The Voice Of Reason
  • Like 5

I really enjoyed that (finally managed to zone out the commentary) if all meetings were half as good speedway wouldn't be in the mess it is now.

Congratulations to all the riders they all played their part.

Woffinden I've said what I think of him before and last night just emphasised my views, good rider but totally classless and arrogant.

Lindgren, borderline dangerous. Cook's reaction is what you used to get most meetings and added to it all, cannot understand why Sky ignored it

Belle Vue riders rode their socks off but left themselves just a bit too much to overcome.

I'm not a great PK fan but he has been a fantastic servant to British speedway and in many ways its sad to see him go.

I understand PK was on a Woffy engine, now whilst I totally acknowledge that PK is very very skillful, his performance just showed how much riders now depend on engines and not talent, emphasised when a Wolves reserve got on the bike and became a totally different kettle of fish to his previous races. It's not a trend I like, speedway IMHO should be about skill not highly paid tuners/mechanics etc. Bring in standardised engines

• Like 2