British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
soupy

Edinburgh 2017

That is a interesting thought and has got me wondering which of them will be in their countrys' World Team cup squad next season.

Probably both if they ride to form. Perhaps Australia have the better alternatives. Holder, Doyle, Batchelor, Fricke, Kurtz, Morris could be chosen ahead of Masters if he loses form. Not quite sure there are as many good British riders to replace Cook.

would like to see final 3 announced soon.

Season tickets on sale and the seven not declared.

I'd have masters in the team every year over cookie.

:t:

I wouldn't...Sam is quality but for me Cookie is the best we have had at the Dale and I'd love to have him back again
  • Like 3

So Cleggy is back.

Needs to be the season he really kicks on.

Really talented lad. Just needs to get the bigger tracks sussed.

http://www.edinburghmonarchs.co/news-centre/article/2016-12-15/max-back-for-his-third-year

Finished the last season on 4.34. Presumably he'll get the 2.5% reduction on that?

Edited by TheScotsman
  • Like 1

Clegg at No.2 will it work? Maybe at home he'll score 4 or 5 points inc. bonus but away I reckon he will struggle.

What was his away average this season, i know it was awful the season before but it was his first look at a lot of tracks.

Should have been better this season, I know Rob had to take a lot of his rides away the season before.

Junior

Last season Cleggy averaged 5.47 at home - 6.20 with bonus, so should be able to manage ok at number 2 at home.

Away my fag packet says 2.69 - 2.98 with bonus so that needs a lot of improving.

But remember that Mark Riss is more than likely going to start at reserve so will be able to help out if Max is struggling.

And Mark was improving at a great rate by the end of last season.

I would expect Mark and Cleggy to be swapping the reserve berth from time to time.

Always depending on who the 5 pointer will be of course!!

Clegg at No.2 will it work? Maybe at home he'll score 4 or 5 points inc. bonus but away I reckon he will struggle.

he will have to improves a lot if riding at no2 .He was woeful away from home last season any time I seen him.He also had some pretty poor home meeting from reserve.Monarchs usually get it right though. Edited by Fromafar

Check out Max's end of season home scores for Wolves though. He was very good.

Hopefully max with border roofing gone can now put everything behind him and become the rider we know he can be. Just need to see him kick on a bit away from home now.

He should be able to hold his own in the main body was beating heat leaders for fun at home last season and with the quality of rider not as high this year he should be able to score around 4/5 away IMO.

• Like 2

Pleased that Clegg is back.

I would like to see him develop in to a good second string in 2017. He has ability and it is time for him to step up a level in this league.

Edited by Gunner85

Really talented lad. Just needs to get the bigger tracks sussed.

Not sure riding Armadale and Monmore every week is going to help to that end really. Comes across as a rider who has never had a big home track and could really do with one, although you can understand him remaining with the two clubs with whom he is happy and settled.

So Cleggy is back.

Finished the last season on 4.34. Presumably he'll get the 2.5% reduction on that?

That would make him 4.23 then? Leaving 6.03?