British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
soupy

Edinburgh 2017

there are a few riders in nl yes but are they ready/good enough for higher leagues

some can hold there own against the lower end riders yes but most are not ready

And it will always be so, until the later are given a chance, as they are now.

• Like 3

Wishing all speedway supporters a very Happy New Year with no rain offs and a safe season for all the riders

A'Ra'Best all

• Like 3

Wishing all speedway supporters a very Happy New Year with no rain offs and a safe season for all the riders

A'Ra'Best all

And same to you

• Like 1

there are a few riders in nl yes but are they ready/good enough for higher leagues

some can hold there own against the lower end riders yes but most are not ready

That's all that the need to be able to do as it's the lower end riders that they'll be racing. Then when riders gain experience and move up the team the next riders from the NL move into the Championship. :t::cheers:

• Like 1

That's all that the need to be able to do as it's the lower end riders that they'll be racing. Then when riders gain experience and move up the team the next riders from the NL move into the Championship. :t::cheers:

i agree

but which way some are talking they want the ones who arnt ready pushed up too soon which will result in them loosing confidence and not making enough money to continue in the sport untill they are good enough

yes the odd 1 who is ready fails to get the step up they need to improve

but the thing that worries me is some get the chance too soon and it has the opposite effect

it will always be the same

its not really got anything to do with foriegn riders coming in on a 4 or 5 or foreign riders being given british passports and coming in on the same as brits

its about riders who ride in the lower league not looking like there ready and a unknow foriegn rider is given the chance and team place ahead of them insteed its a gamble that some or most teams are willing to make

• Like 1

Where did you get this information from ?

I can provide some hard facts regarding National League newcomers in 1990:-

Edinburgh's Danish newcomer, Frede Schott was assigned an initial GSA of 2.00, whilst Aussie first timers, such as Ipswich's Shane Parker, started on 3.00

Can you provide provide actual facts to support your memory/thinking :rolleyes:

Shane Parker never came in on a 3 average. He rode at number 2 for Ipswich in his first season

Shane Parker never came in on a 3 average. He rode at number 2 for Ipswich in his first season

Wrong, my friend. I was at Foxhall Heath early in May,1990, watching Berwick gaining a draw against the Witches.

Shane Parker and Chalky White were the home reserves, and were on the wrong end of a Heat 2 5-1 from Steve Widt and Kevin Little.

Wrong, my friend. I was at Foxhall Heath early in May,1990, watching Berwick gaining a draw against the Witches.

Shane Parker and Chalky White were the home reserves, and were on the wrong end of a Heat 2 5-1 from Steve Widt and Kevin Little.

So was it a different Shane Parker that rode for Ipswich at Powderhall on 29/4/1990 who was listed with a GSA of 3.00 Gavan?

Or has dontforgetthefueltapsbruv been providing you with the "facts" :D :P

Young Josh Pickering is picking up some pretty impressive scalps in the Aus Champs.

Might have a decent chance of making it over here.

If he follows in the footsteps of Max Fricke we'll all be mighty pleased.

(Well maybe not "all"!!)

Young Josh Pickering is picking up some pretty impressive scalps in the Aus Champs.

Might have a decent chance of making it over here.

If he follows in the footsteps of Max Fricke we'll all be mighty pleased.

(Well maybe not "all"!!)

Young josh is certainly showing promising signs back home hopefully he will continue that we he arrives.

• Like 1

Don't want to rain on your parade but Jayden O Malley & Jye Etheridge showed promising signs whilst back in Aus before signing and we all know how that turned out.

Just saying this probably will turn out different but leaving the comfort zone off Australia and performing over here are totally different and must be pretty intimidating for a young rider coming over for the first time.

• Like 1

Yep you're totally right Gazc but you have to take them and keep your fingers crossed.

Jye had it rough last season with rain-offs and no reserve option. I still think he could make it.

Yep you're totally right Gazc but you have to take them and keep your fingers crossed.

Jye had it rough last season with rain-offs and no reserve option. I still think he could make it.

I think he could also the description off the worst ever was in my opinion very harsh by Campbell if indeed he said that, was it not an evening news column which is economical with the truth and has history on there news on Edinburgh.

Good piece in the SS about your new guy