British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Sec Final Round 2018 Chorzow Saturday September 15th

I'm confused here, easy I know!

My Sky planner shows the European Best Pairs from Landshut Germany from 5pm until 9pm on Eurosport 2, and no mention anywhere of tonight meeting from Torun?

I looked on the Eurosport website, where it still has the Torun start time as 6pm, and to confuse me even more, my Sky box recorded tonights meeting at 2-05pm today, listing it as the first round of the European Championship from Torun, it ran for one hour, and when I played it back it was CYCLING!

I think I had better book an appointment at the funny farm, or maybe just turn on the TV at 6pm and see what happens.

• Like 1

What channel is it on and time. Mine says half 10 at night for 1 hour only

What channel is it on and time. Mine says half 10 at night for 1 hour only

Originally shown as Eurosport 2 UK, but as reported above it has disappeared from the SKY programme planner having been there yesterday. I have had same experience as Superstars (post above).

As suggested best idea seems to be to turn on at 6pm and see what happens.

Eurosport have changed the schedule at the last minute (tell me something new) so that Eurosport 2 is now showing the qualifying tournament for Wimbledon until 6pm with the European Championship still starting at 6 pm.

It looks like their usual scheduling chaos has confused Sky's electronic programme guide. Virgin's is still okay.

Those whose boxes are not showing the event should either set up recordings for all the programmes shown from 6 through the evening or do a manual recording. In both cases allow an hour or so beyond 9pm to allow for any over-runs.

Eurosport have made up their schedules as they went along since they started in 1991.

Until I did a reset of Digiguide it was still showing Eurosport as carrying highlights of the third round of the One Sport Best Pairs from Gniezno, an event called off weeks ago and not being run until next month.

You couldn't make it up......best leave it to good old Eurosport ;)

Sportowe Fakte say it's on by the way.

https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/relacja/73430/1-final-sec-w-toruniu

Now watch the tennis coverage over-run.......

Edited by Rob McCaffery

Earlier round of the pairs from Landshut being shown currently on Eurosport2.

They've departed from the revised schedule! Presumably the tennis finished early.

Virgin's epg shows Tennis until 6, as does Digiguide which is usually very accurate.

On Eurosport's website they show Speedway 5-6 then the SEC at 6 and that IS what they are showing. They also show an SEC round from ITALY at 6 :wink:

That website offers 'subscription from £29.99" - I take it if you pay more they tell you the real schedule.

So it looks like all is well. The only confusion now will be on co-commentary...

says sec from torun starts at 10-30pm for 1 hour

confusing

That's the scheduled highlights.

They don't make i easy, and here we're just talking about the British version. There's several different versions around Europe, all with differing schedules.

Edited by Rob McCaffery

I'm confused here, easy I know!

My Sky planner shows the European Best Pairs from Landshut Germany from 5pm until 9pm on Eurosport 2, and no mention anywhere of tonight meeting from Torun?

I looked on the Eurosport website, where it still has the Torun start time as 6pm, and to confuse me even more, my Sky box recorded tonights meeting at 2-05pm today, listing it as the first round of the European Championship from Torun, it ran for one hour, and when I played it back it was CYCLING!

I think I had better book an appointment at the funny farm, or maybe just turn on the TV at 6pm and see what happens.

Exactly the same for me.

No info either. :nono:

Sky planner just updated with 10 minutes to go

• Like 1

Sky planner just updated with 10 minutes to go

How ridiculous is that? ?!!!

God God.. it's only minutes into this and Ermolenko is p!ssing me off with his totally useless drivel.

And on top of that the camerawork is appalling.

• Like 1