British Speedway Forum

Of course the Polish troll is an alien from planet Zog, I mean it's obvious to anyone as brill-yant as me. Can't work out why you can't see it.

Thought I'd call back in to see why this thread was still going. Degenerated into "I know something you don't", as usual.

How anyone can claim that something is absolutely true without offering any evidence or justification other than "his English is too good" is quite baffling, but then par for the course here. Still, it at least makes them feel like experts, or indeed someone who has a clue. Of course one test would be for someone to ask a question in Polish that can't be easily translated by Google Translate and see whether they can answer it, or is that too much like logic rather than bull?

Edited by Rob McCaffery

Does it really matter if this person is Polish, an alien from planet Zog or just a fan who "wants to be different"? It's just boring with such pointless interaction. A big turn off. And we let him ruin so many threads which are otherwise of interest. If we stop poking him / her, they might post more interesting posts with a different perspective?

That's great but it still doesn't explain the need to write him off as average at nineteen and a quarter. If he is still gating badly, not riding in Europe's very top leagues and not knocking on the GP door at 23 or 24 then that's a different matter. He's our best prospect for several years and I just don't understand why people don't get behind him, it's almost as though they want him to end up being 'average'.

Lambert is now at an age where he can be influenced easily one way or another.

It's not a case of not supporting him or wanting him to be average.

Seeing the massive potential he had at 15-16 to now he hasn't moved on enough, I'd say he's stagnated and the potential he'd once shown is now just looking like any other rider.

He no longer stands out from the rest.

That's great but it still doesn't explain the need to write him off as average at nineteen and a quarter. If he is still gating badly, not riding in Europe's very top leagues and not knocking on the GP door at 23 or 24 then that's a different matter. He's our best prospect for several years and I just don't understand why people don't get behind him, it's almost as though they want him to end up being 'average'.

Part of being British is the need to build someone up only to relish knocking them down again. Tai's had the treatment, Wayne Rooney, Adele, ... er, how long do you want the list to be?

Having flown the German flag in the past doesn't help his cause though. Some people find that sort of thing unforgivable...almost as much as speaking with an Aussie accent.

Part of being British is the need to build someone up only to relish knocking them down again. Tai's had the treatment, Wayne Rooney, Adele, ... er, how long do you want the list to be?

Having flown the German flag in the past doesn't help his cause though. Some people find that sort of thing unforgivable...almost as much as speaking with an Aussie accent.

Flying the German flag, nah, he just found a great opportunity out there and took it with both hands. It ended up of mutual benefit.

Robert is a great young rider, it's good to watch him and all the young brits progress, means more than how marvellous any Polish rider is racing, for us Brits anyway

• Like 2

Seeing the massive potential he had at 15-16 to now he hasn't moved on enough, I'd say he's stagnated and the potential he'd once shown is now just looking like any other rider.

BECAUSE there is no infrastructure in place to help him (and others like Dan Bewley) with proper instruction by ex-riders who actually know what they are talking about. Of course, you can bring a horse to water but not make him drink and some (not saying Lambert) think they know it all once they have slid a bike.

The BSPA don't care two hoots about the national team (please get rid of that Team GB tag) because most don't see any success in the SWC as likely to bring fans in through their own turnstiles.

Until we make some investment in the future we will continue as we are, trending water. The whole set up of Team GB is wrong. I don't agree with the stand Tai Woffinden has taken but he did make some valuable points and if the BSPA and those at the event are not really taking things seriously how do they expect the riders to.

People at Leszno on Saturday have told me how they could see in the eyes of Cook and Worrell how nervous and over-awed they were before the start. There is no shame in that. They have never experienced anything like it. And nor had those around them.

• Like 2

So as far as you,re concerned, a rider who at 15 was more or less unbeatable in the national league,who at the age of 16 went straight into the elite league, proper, not as a cheating reserve,has progressed to a heat leader and often is the only rider at kings Lynn to excite the crowd, has ridden in two world cup teams, got a bronze medal in the world under 21, current British under 21 champion,finished 3rd in 2016 British final, has emerged from a rider relying on the bank of mum and dad to be a self financing independent adult all at the tender age of 19 according to you is stagnating. I think you need a reality check. He is probably the one rider at King's Lynn that actually gets people through the gate and not your so called better more experienced riders.

• Like 5

BECAUSE there is no infrastructure in place to help him (and others like Dan Bewley) with proper instruction by ex-riders who actually know what they are talking about. Of course, you can bring a horse to water but not make him drink and some (not saying Lambert) think they know it all once they have slid a bike.

The BSPA don't care two hoots about the national team (please get rid of that Team GB tag) because most don't see any success in the SWC as likely to bring fans in through their own turnstiles.

Until we make some investment in the future we will continue as we are, trending water. The whole set up of Team GB is wrong. I don't agree with the stand Tai Woffinden has taken but he did make some valuable points and if the BSPA and those at the event are not really taking things seriously how do they expect the riders to.

People at Leszno on Saturday have told me how they could see in the eyes of Cook and Worrell how nervous and over-awed they were before the start. There is no shame in that. They have never experienced anything like it. And nor had those around them.

Agree with much of what you say but Cookie made starts on Saturday in a couple of heats but just wasn't fast enough to keep the lead. Cook has ridden in two Cardiff GP's minimum so a big crowd shouldn't faze him but maybe expectation did. Worrall burst the tapes on his first ride so that probably was nerves but was decent after that. Both are very inexperienced at national level for England (that is my name for the team) and we should be getting these riders in the SEC with haste.

We must be frank in saying that England rode very well on home soil but they beat a poor Australian team with no Doyle and an injured Morris. Had we gone down the play off route the team would have been hammered worse than in the final..

Very true.

Spot on Phil. I saw the interview with Cook post practice/pre meeting he looked a nervous wreck - after being on top of the world all week post Event 1.

It's tremendously frustrating to see how far behind we ALWAYS are in these meetings. Even at home last year it took Cook and King 3 rides each till they were capable of winning a race (or even doing better than 3rd)

I do not for one second think the Latvians, Russians etc are better than us man for man but somehow we cannot compete at this level with them. Russia beat us to 3rd with neither Laguta & Emil scoring 8-10 points less then we all though he would on his home track.

The SWC team should be be separate to the BSPA. I like the way the Americans do it. Lance King whos been there done it at the helm & then people like Steve Evans concentrating on the organization etc. We need a managerial set up similar IMO Not a jolly fun to interview manager with a lot of passion but no clue what its like to ride at this level.

What a waste to Have Havvy Loram Louis Tatum Screen not being used.

Edited by RPNYC

Spot on Phil. I saw the interview with Cook post practice/pre meeting he looked a nervous wreck - after being on top of the world all week post Event 1.

It's tremendously frustrating to see how far behind we ALWAYS are in these meetings. Even at home last year it took Cook and King 3 rides each till they were capable of winning a race (or even doing better than 3rd)

I do not for one second think the Latvians, Russians etc are better than us man for man but somehow we cannot compete at this level with them. Russia beat us to 3rd with neither Laguta & Emil scoring 8-10 points less then we all though he would on his home track.

The SWC team should be be separate to the BSPA. I like the way the Americans do it. Lance King whos been there done it at the helm & then people like Steve Evans concentrating on the organization etc. We need a managerial set up similar IMO Not a jolly fun to interview manager with a lot of passion but no clue what its like to ride at this level.

Trust me on this....Mark Loram wouldnt come back and do anything right now very disillusioned with the set up and who can blame him

Trust me on this....Mark Loram wouldnt come back and do anything right now very disillusioned with the set up and who can blame him

Another illustration of what a sht show it is right now...

Part of Woffinden's plan was to buy the rights to the international team, probably with a similar way of working to the USA.

The BSPA refused to sell

How necessary is it to have an experienced rider at the helm i wonder?

Take Denmark for instance.Anders Secher managed to win 2 golds and 2 silver in his 5 years in charge.Which is the same as jan Steachmann managed over a longer period.And Hans Nielsen after two failures to even reach the final has now no chance of matching Sechers record in the 5 year period.......

Edited by iris123

I don't think they need to be a experienced rider. But you need someone who can help re set ups etc. that is where team GB really missed tai - not just the 15+ points he would have scored but the knowledge of polish tracks.

As it was team gb actually gated pretty well but looked like they were riding lawnmowers, even compared to the Russians.

Anyone think if King had been in the squad we may have squeezed the extra couple of points needed for 3rd?

Worrall was very impressive, Harris battled, Cook and lambert were surprisingly poor but no lack of effort - just totally off the pace, which was surprising given cooks great form this year.

4th is a decent effort without tai, with tai obviously would have picked up a medal, but to finish ahead of Aussie and Denmark is a sold result. I don't buy that it is purely to do with home advantage either - if we'd finished behind Latvia in the first round of behind Laguta less Russia in the play offs there would have been plenty of criticism of the Brits, no one would have blamed the draw.