British Speedway Forum

Think the Danes really need to get Anders Thomson out there a bit more, such a good talent and also the likes of Rasmus Jensen and Andreas Lyager who both despite there iffy hit and miss experiences in the UK do have something about them...would like to see young Mikkel B. Andersen get his chance soon was disappointed he got stitched up over his average plus the likes of Freddie Jakobsen , I think with the Danish league slowly gaining more exposure and credibility will steadily bring young Danes on a bit more although unsure there grading system is a particularly good idea or not?

Still think Denmark have more better young talent coming through than Sweden who have Thorsell coming through who I would maybe had picked over Linus? But after that who else? Berntzon seems to have stood still a bit so maybe he needs to come over because despite the stick the UK gets it still seems to have the ability to make or break Euro talent

Oh I actually forgot another of similar standing to Thomsen and that is Mikkelsen who on his day is as good as anything in the Danish squad! So maybe not all bad just need a Danish motor union and TM to really concentrate on these guys

Reassuring quote from Rosco on the SGB website today.

“But I’m glad that our boys are keeping away from social media and just getting on with the job, because if we’d listened to the negativity prior to that meeting it could have had an adverse effect.”

Too true!

Riders are human, you know.

Edited by Rob McCaffery

Think the Danes really need to get Anders Thomson out there a bit more, such a good talent and also the likes of Rasmus Jensen and Andreas Lyager who both despite there iffy hit and miss experiences in the UK do have something about them...would like to see young Mikkel B. Andersen get his chance soon was disappointed he got stitched up over his average plus the likes of Freddie Jakobsen , I think with the Danish league slowly gaining more exposure and credibility will steadily bring young Danes on a bit more although unsure there grading system is a particularly good idea or not?Still think Denmark have more better young talent coming through than Sweden who have Thorsell coming through who I would maybe had picked over Linus? But after that who else? Berntzon seems to have stood still a bit so maybe he needs to come over because despite the stick the UK gets it still seems to have the ability to make or break Euro talentOh I actually forgot another of similar standing to Thomsen and that is Mikkelsen who on his day is as good as anything in the Danish squad! So maybe not all bad just need a Danish motor union and TM to really concentrate on these guys

No Hansen mate? he put up a good show in the 21s last year and for me that is a good guide on how good he could be.?

Lineup for the race-off :)

1. Ķasts Puodžuks

2. Jevgeņijs Kostigovs

3. Andžejs Ļebedevs ©

4. Maksims Bogdanovs

5. no rider

1. Emil Sayfutdinov

2. Grigorii Laguta

3. Vadim Tarasenko

4. Andrei Kudriashov

5. Gleb Chugunov (U21)

1. Jason Doyle ©

2. Sam Masters

3. Chris Holder

4. Troy Batchelor

5. Max Fricke (U21)

1. Ricky Wells ©

2. Gino Manzares

3. Luke Becker

4. Dillon Ruml

5. Broc Nicol (U21)

If i am right that Morris rode at 3 on Saturday ? Then that is where Masters has to ride

Swedish round :That what speedway is all about if you give the riders a decent track to ride on.British promoters need to take heed , Kings Lynn used to be one of the best tracks in Uk but is now just another one line gaters track like most other tracks in Uk now.Great meeting,does anybody else think thinks here was a bit of team tactics in the last few races ,to me it looked like Swed/Den vLatvia/ Russia.

Ps

NkI is have a nightmare season.

Think the Danes really need to get Anders Thomson out there a bit more, such a good talent and also the likes of Rasmus Jensen and Andreas Lyager who both despite there iffy hit and miss experiences in the UK do have something about them...would like to see young Mikkel B. Andersen get his chance soon was disappointed he got stitched up over his average plus the likes of Freddie Jakobsen , I think with the Danish league slowly gaining more exposure and credibility will steadily bring young Danes on a bit more although unsure there grading system is a particularly good idea or not?Still think Denmark have more better young talent coming through than Sweden who have Thorsell coming through who I would maybe had picked over Linus? But after that who else? Berntzon seems to have stood still a bit so maybe he needs to come over because despite the stick the UK gets it still seems to have the ability to make or break Euro talentOh I actually forgot another of similar standing to Thomsen and that is Mikkelsen who on his day is as good as anything in the Danish squad! So maybe not all bad just need a Danish motor union and TM to really concentrate on these guys

Hello hagonshocker. There was so much going on two nights ago that last night I watched the whole thing again. (I have no life) Denmark was not far off and could easily have finished second below Sweden. After watching the second time IMO Bjerre should have done the race off at the end as I feel he had a better night than Iverson. Also Going for the lead against Laguta Bjerre was run wide by a fair but hard move by Laguta and ended up last. Madsen was right in the middle of the famous heat 15 and actually led twice but ended up a very respectable third. Jepson Jensen was broke in turn one and had to retire. In a closer look they got beat up a bit and some of the breaks went against them. I think they have nothing to be ashamed of and put up a very good fight in a hard meeting.

Reassuring quote from Rosco on the SGB website today.

“But I’m glad that our boys are keeping away from social media and just getting on with the job, because if we’d listened to the negativity prior to that meeting it could have had an adverse effect.”

Too true!

Riders are human, you know.

I didn't think there was any criticism of any riders, just Roscos tactics.

If i am right that Morris rode at 3 on Saturday ? Then that is where Masters has to ride

I could be wrong but I think the rider order can change, the lineup of riders has to stay the same though unless the rider is replaced due to injury and is then not allowed back in the competition.

but this is speedway so who knows. speedway rules are just a waste of paper

Edited by Joe1986

I could be wrong but I think the rider order can change, the lineup of riders has to stay the same though unless the rider is replaced due to injury and is then not allowed back in the competition.

but this is speedway so who knows. speedway rules are just a waste of paper

I need to quote the rule again

from the FIM regs

"FMN’s shall nominate their complete Team (Including host FMN), with

each Rider’s starting number on the official SWC Team declaration form,

no later than 7 days before the first Event 1 of the SWC Final Tournament.

The names and composition of the declared teams will remain confidential

and must not be disclosed by the FMN or their representatives to the

media or any other party until announced by FIM or the SWC Promoter

FMN’s may nominate a U21 Rider who is the same nationality as FMN.

This rider will be allocated starting number 5, allowed to practice and

will be a Reserve, permitted to take the place of a rider 1-4 at any time

during the meeting. The nomination and use of an U21 Rider is not

compulsory.

The U21 reserve will be entitled to be used in a maximum of 5 heats

(Including heats 17-20) plus one additional heat as a Tactical Substitute

or Tactical Joker.

If replacing the injured Rider in the rerun of a heat, the U21 Rider

will also assume the status of the replaced Rider (ie. programmed ride,

Tactical Joker or Tactical Substitute).

The Team composition and the Rider’s starting numbers for each event

shall be the same 4 or 5 riders that were entered on the SWC team

declaration form,

No changes to any declared Teams or starting numbers will be

permitted throughout the SWC except in the case of injury or illness,

supported by a Medical Certificate where necessary, and approved by

the International Jury. Where the International Jury approves such

changes, the replacement Rider will occupy the original Rider’s place in

the nominated Team.

The International Jury will issue a list, including the Team compositions

and the draw colour, as soon as possible after the completion of the

previous event. (See Art. 078.3.5)"

The relevant bit is that the replacement rider lines up in the place of the replaced rider.

Edited by racers and royals

Lineup for the race-off :)

1. Ķasts Puodžuks

2. Jevgeņijs Kostigovs

3. Andžejs Ļebedevs ©

4. Maksims Bogdanovs

5. no rider

1. Emil Sayfutdinov

2. Grigorii Laguta

3. Vadim Tarasenko

4. Andrei Kudriashov

5. Gleb Chugunov (U21)

1. Jason Doyle ©

2. Sam Masters

3. Chris Holder

4. Troy Batchelor

5. Max Fricke (U21)

1. Ricky Wells ©

2. Gino Manzares

3. Luke Becker

4. Dillon Ruml

5. Broc Nicol (U21)

DGT- can you link where this line-up came from ?

DGT- can you link where this line-up came from ?

Came from the official press release. Now also on other media.

I didn't think there was any criticism of any riders, just Roscos tactics.

people saying we got no chance is very negative talk maybe that's what Rosco means ?
  • Like 1