British Speedway Forum

Is this race off going to be on tonight? I'm kind of hoping that it is not because I'm at work tonight but have Sat/Sun off, I'm hearing that the forecast doesn't sound good

the world cup is the ultimate prize to become champions of the world . i just dont see why there are so many restrictions on how you ride your team i wonder does this happen in other sports or is speedway unique with so many rules and regulations

People seem to be missing the fact that pf the 8 teams in the last round, the British round featured the sides ranked 1,3,6 and 7 last year. So theoretically neither meeting was harder than the other. The fact that USA were weakened this year without Hancock and that Latvia massively over performed shouldn't be taken as an issue with how the draw was done.

• Like 2

Leszno is my favourite track in Poland and I am hopeful of seeing two great meetings.

Team GB will go there and give it everything they have got.

I recon it will be really close tonight with Russia being a real danger i think the Aussies will scrape through though.In the final my prediction would be Poland, Sweden,Australia,England.

Is this race off going to be on tonight? I'm kind of hoping that it is not because I'm at work tonight but have Sat/Sun off, I'm hearing that the forecast doesn't sound good

Forecast I looked at, accuweather I think, showed rain around lunch time on both days but clearing up towards the evenings, quite warm too, 24/26degrees. I'm hoping it's on today, been ages since Tuesday and I've got the taste.

Hope they stage both meetings tomorrow if todays race off gets postponed.

Just passed polish border, rain rain.

USA have done well to get into the race off but would be amazed if they score more than 5 or 6 tonight

Forecest looks terrible for today and tomorrow!

the poles have practiced lap after Lap this week in perfect conditions , if it's wet tomorrow we must use that as advantage to us and a disadvantage to them
  • Like 1

There has been no official announcement yet. So will a postponement be a last minute thing? Pity for those who have travelled, not to know when and if the Race Off and Final will be. The Sat. forecast looks just as dismal for Leszno. Will both meetings be on Sunday which looks likely to be better weather? Is there a contingency plan?

My ratings for today's event.

1. Kjastas Puodzuks 2991
2. Jewgienij Kostygow 2537
3. Andrzej Lebedew 3825
4. Maxim Bogdanov 3366
5. No 0

6. Emil Sajfutdinov 4189
7. Grigorij Laguta 4324
8. Wadim Tarasenko 3038
9. Andriej Kudriaszow 3258
10. Gleb Chugunov 2506

11. Jason Doyle 4770
12. Sam Masters 3665
13. Chris Holder 4019
14. Troy Batchelor 3749
15. Max Fricke 3646

16. Ricky Wells 3153
17. Gino Manzares 2914
18. Luke Becker 2842
19. Dillon Ruml 2596
20. Broc Nicol 2152

Summ of best four:
1. AUS 16203
2. RUS 14809
3. LAT 12719
4. USA 11505

My prediction
1. AUS 41
2. RUS 37
3. LAT 27
4. USA 20

• Like 1

Think those ratings are obviously skewed as the US riders scores are mostly from US tracks.Poland is totally different.Think they will be lucky to reach 10,so it is a question of who picks up those points.The other teams will have few last places apart from ef's etc.What is amazing really is Latvia with just the one proper track and very few riders,probably a lot less than the US and most other countries have quality over quantity.Impressive

Will be surprised for instance if 4 US riders are really better than Kostigovs

• Like 1