British Speedway Forum

As Scott Nicholls said, Craig Cook has a lot to do to make an impact on the GP even if he does get through the GP Challenge. He showed us very little of his ability which is awesome in the UK. At least Robert Lambert had one fighting ride to display his skills. Excellent show from Stevie Worrall and as gutsy as ever from Bomber.

• Like 1

Remember Ivan Mauger saying he rode long track to get used to the speed.

Possibly. I rather think that with his talent it was a way of earning shedloads before entertaining us lot at the County Ground the following Monday :D But seriously , the GB riders lack horse power. The talent is there , the power is not.

Frankly it isn't! Polish national; sports are Football, Handball and Volleyball along with Skijumping. ;)

Well speedway is bigger in Poland than anywhere else. I would say.

Pretty much as expected tonight so no need to get to down .The Way Worrall has come on in the last two years has been amazing and it was mainly to due to the draft system that has been the making of him .The sad thing was Lambert thou he is still young he has not moved forward as much as he looked liked doing .cook was cook a fish out of water on that track and Harris as normal gave 100 % . The poles as still so young and likely to rule the roost for a long time as the uk sweden and the Danes don't look like they have much talent moving up the system.

Would be interesting to see what the scores would have been if Poland had been on the GB boys bikes. Not so dominant is my opinion.

Rare I agree with you SS, I do on this. GB seemed to have no idea how to get the power down to the granite dust surface. Zero drive.

We all know someone who does, don't we? Time for Tai & all relevant parties re GB speedway to get round a table & sort their differences out. Not only for the current GB team, but to assist the development of the likes of Wajknecht, Bewley, Perks et al coming through on to the international scene.

Remember Ivan Mauger saying he rode long track to get used to the speed. Perhaps our riders need to look at getting a wider experience if they want to make it at the top level. Individually they need to plot a path to improve themselves and experience full throttle racing more often.

Also thought there were a few instances when they just read the race wrongly, either by over extending themselves or not being aware of a challenge from behind. This racing is not like the British league. It's not always one against one with heat leaders battling it out and support in their own race. It can be three or four tussling and making moves and you can go from first to last very easily.

I don't doubt they can do better. This experience should help. And they should be kicking themselves for not getting the bronze. They were near enough. They must use their heads as well as their hearts. Hard luck to them but come back better!

Even though he's closer to the end of his career than the beginning people slag off Eddie Kennett for riding longtrack

Last Saturday when complaints were made about the lack of decent acing we were told it was because there were 2 good teams and 2 not so good so we would never get decent racing. Tonight we had 2 good teams and 2 also rans and the racing was pretty good, not up to Tuesday but pretty good. So that throws the even teams theory out of the water.

I don't know the answer to getting GB up with the big guns but I sincerely hope any solution does not include Tai Woffinden whose tweet again tonight proves he is not conducive to a good team atmosphere.

• Like 3

I don't think the poor racing last Saturday was because of the disparity between the sides but it certainly made it a lot worse. You can't really compare Polish tracks to anything we have other than Belle Vue, they are much bigger, faster and wider offering multiple racing lines. Speedway over there really is on a different planet to the UK.

No surprise in the result and GB's performance.

Steve Worrall was a total star, completely vindicated his inclusion.

Harris battled hard but would have expected more. With Tai we would have got 3rd.

How on earth has Craig Cook won 2 GP qualifiers this year? Completely outclassed.

Hopefully the likes of the Woodhull boys, Bickley, Brennan and of course Lambert who is still only 19 - even the likes of JPB, Zack can become the next generation of GB stars.

We need them riding in Europe not doubling or tripling up in the UK.

Congratulations Poland, it was never in doubt.

• Like 2

Who can stop Poland now winning it year after year? They could have had a 2nd team on the podium tonight. Sweden were their nearest rivals tonight but they are getting old. Lindback was excellent tonight but is inconsistent. Jonsson is past it now and Lindgren hasn't got that many years left. Same with the Danes and Aussie's.

Embarrassing. It's Not 70s/80/90s where there was little to no way for inexperienced Brits knowing about an Eastern European track. They can YouTube it, visit it on Ryanair for less than 100 quid, speak to other more experienced riders... Not the same as riding it but at least some idea not to go into completely cold.

This is nothing new, same last time we blitzed event 1 and went straight through to the final

Madness Woffy wasn't there. Not just for his points. He's experience with big events, engine set ups woulda been have been invaluable.

Rosco been walking around with a big grin since event 1. He should been game face, prepping the boys. Not talking about water slide races and what fun they were having. Like the rest of BSPA, jobs for the boys.

I don't think rider for rider we were worse than the Russians - or much worse than Sweden to be honest. As per perpetration and and set ups were miles behind though.

Face that we are applauding Bomber and Stevie for scoring 7/6 points (me included) is sad really

Edited by RPNYC

Frankly it isn't! Polish national; sports are Football, Handball and Volleyball along with Skijumping. ;)

And how about the Olympics,the only poles you see there are the ones that raise up the British flag.🤣 Edited by Tommy Sweetman

I don't know the answer to getting GB up with the big guns but I sincerely hope any solution does not include Tai Woffinden whose tweet again tonight proves he is not conducive to a good team atmosphere.

Agree totally, has no loyalty to Britain at all. He should be booed by the fans at Cardiff not treated like a hero which no doubt 99% of the crowd will do for some reason!

• Like 3

Very pleased to see Bomber at his best , he really had the bit between his teeth and deserved more points , Steve Worrall took a couple to settle but looked like he belonged by the end , dont know what happened with Cook and Lambert ,but I very much doubt either of them gave less than 100% , we didn't get a medal which would have been nice .but we made the final and deserved to be there . I was proud to see 4 lads who obviously wanted to be there and ride for their country . never even gave Woffinden a minutes thought well done team GB , upward and onward ...

• Like 5