British Speedway Forum

Well, on Saturday at King's Lynn before the SWC meeting a GB rider was in the local McDonald's smashing a burger and chips

If true, then even if every other fault in UK speedway is fixed, until this sort of mentality changes, Team GB will never reach the top. Edited by stewmac

Rosco's interview about the water slide racing still leaving me in absolute disbelief. As Did giving Stevie Worrall a cuddle post tape break. As if our on track performance was embarrassing enough. And again, I'm not complaining about the effort our boys showed, but we were destroyed in that final. 27 points behind SECOND place. Not behind first, second. The Aussies, Danes and probably Latvians woulda scored more in the final, We were fortunate to have a very weak Event 1.

Edited by RPNYC
  • Like 1

Well, on Saturday at King's Lynn before the SWC meeting a GB rider was in the local McDonald's smashing a burger and chips

A couple of them were also seen in Nando's

A couple of them were also seen in Nando's

they do have to eat somewhere FFS. Nandos is chicken. Nowt wrong with that.

Rosco got team selection right against the Aussies. The opposition was weak but England won.

My observation about Rosco is he is too close to the riders, trying to be too friendly. Doesnt happen in other sports, managers do not mix with the team. There has to be some fear.

Edited by marky
  • Like 3

Don't forget it was the 'best team spirit ever' according to several of the set up...

Subtle dig at 'absent friends' perhaps...?

I was fortunate to witness my football team win a Champions League Final with two of our forwards not talking to each other for the best part of two years...

Nobody mentioned the team spirit...

Just the winning...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

I wonder where Rosco took the boys this year. McDonalds, or Burger King, or simply didn't bother at all?

The result was there for all to see. GB were an embarrassing shambles in that final, with our chance of a bronze medal disappearing when our 30-year-old captain was beaten by a 17-year-old Russian kid.

Russian tracked only one rider who anyone had heard of before the World Cup. And still beat us.

Time to try something different. Let Woffy have a go with his five-year-plan.

All the best

Rob

Nothing to lose if we do this and everything to gain. I can see no improvement as we are and IF it is Rossiter who TW can't work with he should step aside . And IF the riders would accept it a positive step forward we should go that way.

Nothing to lose if we do this and everything to gain. I can see no improvement as we are and IF it is Rossiter who TW can't work with he should step aside . And IF the riders would accept it a positive step forward we should go that way.

I think it's a great shame that people are advocating that a rider's opinion of a manager should dictate.

There's a professional maturity that should be held between rider and manager, if one or the other can't get on then it has to be the rider that goes.

Once you go down the road of rider's dictating it's asking for trouble.

• Like 3

Normally I'd totally agree with that but when the rider is light years ahead of the rest of the team in every way then maybe he should be listened to or nothing will ever change. Difficult one though letting a rider dictate

I think it's a great shame that people are advocating that a rider's opinion of a manager should dictate.

There's a professional maturity that should be held between rider and manager, if one or the other can't get on then it has to be the rider that goes.

Once you go down the road of rider's dictating it's asking for trouble.

Normally I would agree but this is extreme circumstances. Also, Rossiter is purely another example of Jobs for the boys anyway,

• Like 1

I wonder where Rosco took the boys this year. McDonalds, or Burger King, or simply didn't bother at all?

The result was there for all to see. GB were an embarrassing shambles in that final, with our chance of a bronze medal disappearing when our 30-year-old captain was beaten by a 17-year-old Russian kid.

Russian tracked only one rider who anyone had heard of before the World Cup. And still beat us.

Time to try something different. Let Woffy have a go with his five-year-plan.

All the best

Rob

Team GB had lunch at the same hotel I was staying at, rest assured they ALL ate very healthy with the fitness coach present

• Like 1

Some of you make out they are unhealthy slobs! None of them are stupid. The failure of TeamGB to be placed in the SWC final was nothing to do with their lack of fitness but their lack of experience, something they will try to address I'm sure.

• Like 2

they do have to eat somewhere FFS. Nandos is chicken. Nowt wrong with that.

Rosco got team selection right against the Aussies. The opposition was weak but England won.

My observation about Rosco is he is too close to the riders, trying to be too friendly. Doesnt happen in other sports, managers do not mix with the team. There has to be some fear.

No need to get your knickers in a knot!!!

I never said there was anything wrong with Nando's. I was simply trying to be helpful and add info for those that didn't know. If you don't like me doing that feel free to ignore me :)

I'm making no comment on Rosco cos you might get something else in a knot and end up singing soprano :)

IT is well known that one of the reasons Woffinden won't race for Team GB is because he doesn't agree with the appointment of Alun Rossiter as manager. He is not alone. Alun talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk.

Now while I accept that riders shouldn't dictate who should or should not be manager I might think that the BSPA, when appointing the manager, would make sure they were aware of the feelings off the riders and especially their only world class performer.

Tai wanted a more professional approach to the British team off the track and while some of his demands, including commercial ownership of the team, were never going to happen others could and should have been accommodated. Tai demanded his own level of professionalism not only from his team-mates, which he would have got, but from the management team as well and that simply wasn't forthcoming.

Who's the man for the job then Phil if you want Rosco out. Who is Woffinden friendly enough to get the job ?

Time for you to walk the walk

A significant quote from Patryck Dudek: “On the Friday, we stayed in the hotel with the whole team and we all were talking all the time. The atmosphere was perfect this year in Leszno. Everything was good, very organised and we spent time with the boys. We got a good result – the gold medal.”

I saw the Aussies all together , team bonding, all eating and drinking healthy , unfortunately this was on Sunday after they had been eliminated, are you.suggesting Team GB's build up was not correct. What more could Team GB have done under Rosco,? Spotted All eating at the team hotel, all attending the race off, all in Team GB tracksuits , even the riders went into quote claiming all the guys were mates and the team spirit was excellent. What more could have been done ?

IT is well known that one of the reasons Woffinden won't race for Team GB is because he doesn't agree with the appointment of Alun Rossiter as manager. He is not alone. Alun talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk.

Now while I accept that riders shouldn't dictate who should or should not be manager I might think that the BSPA, when appointing the manager, would make sure they were aware of the feelings off the riders and especially their only world class performer.

Tai wanted a more professional approach to the British team off the track and while some of his demands, including commercial ownership of the team, were never going to happen others could and should have been accommodated. Tai demanded his own level of professionalism not only from his team-mates, which he would have got, but from the management team as well and that simply wasn't forthcoming.

Strange how Woffindens' reasons for not racing for Team GB according to you is linked to Rosco's appointment, but he is prepared to put that to one side to make himself available for the World Games on his home track in Poland, with err Rosco in charge !

Edited by New Science
  • Like 5

Who's the man for the job then Phil if you want Rosco out. Who is Woffinden friendly enough to get the job ?

I saw the Aussies all together , team bonding, all eating and drinking healthy , unfortunately this was on Sunday after they had been eliminated, are you.suggesting Team GB's build up was not correct. What more could Team GB have done under Rosco,? Spotted All eating at the team hotel, all attending the race off, all in Team GB tracksuits , even the riders went into quote claiming all the guys were mates and the team spirit was excellent. What more could have been done ?

Strange how Woffindens' reasons for not racing for Team GB according to you is linked to Rosco's appointment, but he is prepared to put that to one side to make himself available for the World Games on his home track in Poland, with err Rosco in charge !

What is more important to the team for the best result ?

An ex 2 time world champ who scores heavily or a team manager who fills in his program. No contest. Bring back Woffy..

Edited by marky
  • Like 1

Phil is giving us his insight not suggesting who should be GB Manager.

You may not like Phil's comments or Woffinden's attitude but are you saying there are no problems with Team GB? We were lucky to go direct to the final. A great result at Kings Lynn covered over the fact that on the world stage we will never place anywhere till Woffinden is back and the rest of the team sharpen up their track craft and equipment. What is for Certain Rosco is not helping them with either.

What is more important to the team for the best result ?

An ex 2 time world champ who scores heavily or a team manager who fills in his program. No contest. Bring back Woffy..

Correct

Edited by RPNYC